Iheartradio has an application out that allows you to listen to AM radio on your Blackberry devices. Everyone can listen to their favorite AM station except for those who purchased their device through T-Mobile.

I'm asking for you comments and/or suggestions to how to get T-Mobile to change their policy? Frankly, I feel like I am being discriminated against by T-Mobile Corporate and want to know what remedies I have at my disposal besides quiting T-Mobile: (.
    03-20-09 11:44 AM
    well, switch carriers....if the radio means that much......yes it sucks they are blocking it, but maybe they are just spoil-sports....wait, yhea, t-mobile does suck.

you may try an online petition, or just get people to send emails to the company, maybe a few harrasing calls......or take it to the extreme, and use 'baseball bat persuasion'
    03-20-09 11:59 AM
    I want the ability to listen to Rush.
    03-20-09 12:02 PM
    I am on T-Mobile and I can listen to the iheartradio app just fine? Listening to a station right now.
    03-20-09 12:28 PM
    Check your APN settings. Go to options>advanced>TCP/IP.
    Set APN to: wap.voicestream.com
    Nothing under user name and password.
    T-Mo isn't blocking anything.
    03-20-09 12:37 PM
    How do you know TMo is blocking it? It just hasnt realeased for them yet.

Besides, Slacker is better!

Edit: I forgot that I downloaded IHR a few days ago. It works fine on my phone. Did you mean Pandora?

P.S. - Slacker is still better!!
    Last edited by leo1037; 03-20-09 at 07:05 PM.
    03-20-09 06:29 PM
    T-Mobile is not blocking iheartradio I'm listening to it right now on my 8900 from T-Mobile.
    03-20-09 06:43 PM
    I don't have problems listening to iheartradio on my 8900 from TMobile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 06:49 PM
    Interesting, I installed on my 8900 today and it said it installed OK but it doesn't work. Starts to run (gives me some prompts) then just goes back to home screen. iHeartRadio's website says:

Models currently supported:
    BlackBerry Curve 8900

... then says

3. BlackBerry Curve on T-Mobile is currently not supported.

This seems like a contradiction. Based on some of the other posts, it sounds like I might have to change some settings to get it to work?
    03-21-09 01:15 AM
    When I first fired it up, it asked about allowing access to the phone. Being a cautios newbie, I said Deny. This was the problem. Even deleting and re-installing the app didn't solve the problem. I had to go into Settings | Options | Advanced Options | Applications | iheartradio. Then Menu | Edit Permissions. Under Connections, changed Phone from Deny to Allow.

After that, it fired right up. Can't currently listen to the station I selected but I'm assuming it's due to the BIS outage tonight.
    03-21-09 02:13 AM
    I truly hope you fix your problem cuz its not tmo doing
    Yes I have vzw but a couple ppl I know have it and use the app just fine

03-21-09 03:45 AM
    Seems they try to block it but people got it working anyway. Just like Pandora's not supposed to work with tmo but it works for me and lots of others. Stick it to the man!

03-21-09 04:19 AM
    @stevemedes lmao lol "stick it to the man" lollol

03-21-09 04:37 AM
    How are you getting it to download? I keep getting a "Sorry, you're not supported" on TMo with a Curve
    03-21-09 07:53 AM
    guys... if you look at the devices of the people that are running the app on tmo ... they are all running 8900 curve. so from what i can tell... they have it blocked (or unsupported) on the ORIGINAL curve (83xx), but the NEW curve is running just fine.
    03-21-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD