OK....If you know for SURE!!! of an app that has an absolutely terrible memory leak, why not post it here. Then, maybe we can make a comprehensive list of apps for folks to check through to make sure that their memory leaks are indeed something new....
    05-01-09 06:34 PM
    Weatherbug.

App World, of course.

THN Mobile if you allow automatic news/scores downloading.
    05-01-09 07:28 PM
    What about battery drains? I can sorta live with the memory drain, but battery... that's a show stopper. I say that cause .141 is draining me!
    05-01-09 07:31 PM
    I didn't know that App World has a memory leak. That true? I did finally delete WB. I like having it on my Storm but it's not worth the trouble.
    05-01-09 07:42 PM
    I have no issues with either (wb or app world).

14 hr day (with wb running and two trips to app world)

05-01-09 08:25 PM
    A while back I saw it written everywhere that viigo had memory leak issues and a lot of people were complaining. I still use it caus its probably the app I use most, i don't notice huge leaks though. Did this all get sorted or was it an os problem?
    05-01-09 08:25 PM
    I've never had any issues with THN mobile causing memory leaks and I have always allowed the auto update features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 08:41 PM

Pretty amazing performance, what theme (if any) are you running and do you use logmaid?
    05-01-09 09:21 PM
    My Verizon seems to be a problem... And of course I haven't seen a theme yet that is not a memory leak by itself!
    05-01-09 09:24 PM
    Pretty amazing performance, what theme (if any) are you running and do you use logmaid?

E's Win OS 7 Limited

and NO on Log Maid (I actually don't do manual memory cleans anymore either.)
    05-01-09 10:00 PM
    My Verizon seems to be a problem... And of course I haven't seen a theme yet that is not a memory leak by itself!
    I've run a few of E's, Sphereberry and Appleberry and none have had SIGNIFICANT memory issues.
    05-01-09 10:01 PM
    Oh, and I received about 100 FB notifications with fb1.5 today (so don't believe the hype LOL)
    05-01-09 10:02 PM
    Themes are overrated anyways, IMHO. I tried a few at first, but realized how resource intensive and leaky they tended to be, and decided to stick to the stock GUI. I arranged it the way I like it, and now prefer it to any other theme. And besides, it says "Storm" much like the iPhone's theme says "iPhone" - It really is a pretty nice theme, and on the lyricidal .141/5.0 hybrid is literally as fast as the iPhone's GUI.
    05-01-09 10:07 PM
    A while back I saw it written everywhere that viigo had memory leak issues and a lot of people were complaining. I still use it caus its probably the app I use most, i don't notice huge leaks though. Did this all get sorted or was it an os problem?
    I've still have some memory issues with viigo, and I've done every Beta OS leak thus far (as of late I was on .141, and just reverted back to .132, don't know if any hybrid would resolve this).
    Despite the mem leak, I deal with it because I like the app.
    I just hope with future upgrades they can solve this issue.
    05-01-09 10:14 PM
    Themes are overrated anyways, IMHO. I tried a few at first, but realized how resource intensive and leaky they tended to be, and decided to stick to the stock GUI.
    You need to stop using poorly made themes. (LOL)

Try a well made theme and you will not go back. A good theme will drastically increase productivity on the storm.
    05-01-09 10:19 PM
    i had the first version of facebook 1.5 and let me tell you that was pretty bad leak.... i don't know if they fixed it yet?
    05-02-09 12:34 AM
    AP mobile news decimates my battery and memory. i went a few days without using it, only lost 40% battery each day. used it today, phone ran out of batteries before i could get home to charge it.
    05-02-09 01:14 AM

I havent seen numbers like that in a long time. I am at 32 at startup and under 10 by the end of the day.
    05-03-09 09:01 PM
    Has to be WeatherBug #1.
    05-04-09 08:39 AM
    i had the first version of facebook 1.5 and let me tell you that was pretty bad leak.... i don't know if they fixed it yet?
    Negative...they did not fix it. Both versions of 1.5.31 and 1.5.32 still have fairly significant memory leak.
    05-04-09 09:20 AM
    i kno weatherbug leaks but has anybody heard anything about weatherberry i have a leak and im trying to figure it out im only running .141 hybrid weatherberry and Es android theme so it has to be one of those three i boot at 54.6 and slowly go down i hover at 42ish after a few hours then it just slowly but surely sinks to like 28ish
    05-04-09 09:23 AM
    Negative...they did not fix it. Both versions of 1.5.31 and 1.5.32 still have fairly significant memory leak.
    05-04-09 09:26 AM
    Whenever I use VZ Navigator my memory takes a hit
    05-04-09 10:34 AM
    I havent seen numbers like that in a long time. I am at 32 at startup and under 10 by the end of the day.
    What OS are you running cause I am normally at 44.3 on start-up and finish around 28-30 by the end of the day...

I am running the Bliss 8 hidden today theme, it is the cause of my mem drain cause before when i use the original installed theme my memory would drop 3-5 throughout the day...

I also have app world, meterberry, wb, where, trapster, angelsbaseball, facebook, and google maps installed...

I dont know how to post a picture of my meterberry memory log to show you
    05-04-09 01:30 PM
    Hmmm I like to read about memory related issues on the Strom because this has been my number 1 problem since the very beginning. Right now i start at 27M and end up at or below 10M by the end of the day. Despite many experimentations with the apps that i have i have never been able to figure out what app or apps is the culprit. This is what i have (and use regularly):
    OS - .141, E's HTC theme, acceloDex, AP News, DataVault, BBWeather, File Manager Pro, Poynt, QuickLaunch 1.4.001, TheStreet, YouTube (I have many more but never start them for experimental purposes.)

Can anybody tell me if any of those would be a definite no no when it comes to mem leaks?

I also make sure that i always have ONLY the 4 essential apps running in the bg (phone, browser, Home Screen, Messages). All other apps are started and stopped as i need them.

In one experiment i even didn't start ANY apps for 24 hours. The memory leak was reduced but still significant (even when using the Storm theme).

I love my storm but would be sooooooo very happy if i could leave it on for long periods of time (at least > 24 hrs) without having to worry about memory leaks.

Any advice, idea, comments ???
    05-04-09 01:57 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD