Made the mistake of upgrading from an old version of Facebook for the Bold 9700 to the new 3.something version--a mistake because it does lots of stupid things. Tell me if anyone's found a way around these problems, or if I'm missing something:

First and most importantly, deleting a message or other notification from the phone DELETES it from Facebook too. It didn't used to do this, and there's no option to 'de-link' the Bold and Facebook to avoid deleting it on both sides.

Another weird thing this stupid app is doing:
    When it gives me a notification, i.e. 'so and so commented on your link', when you go to look at it, it just brings you to a statement that this person commented on your link, but with no reference what link it's talking about, you can't see the link, the comments, or whatever. It's a notification of a notification. Another example is with a group, i.e. 'so and so commented on your link in whatever group', when you load that notification, instead of bringing you to the link and comments, it brings you to an introduction of said group instead.

Anyone found a way around this stupidity? Or links to download old versions of the Facebook app?

If the Facebook app totally sucks and you choose not to use it, what apps do you use instead to keep track of your facebook activity and messaging, aside from using the browser?
    04-30-12 01:49 AM
    you know i have yet to see any issues with the new Facebook app,however i wish they would let me look at my different lists, and wish i could add pictures to my different lists like with the iphone..no biggy just it would be nice
    04-30-12 07:41 AM
    I've always thought the Facebook app was bad. Maybe it's OS 6 on the Bold. Sometimes notification icons will get stuck in the bar and the only way to get rid of it is a reboot. I also sometimes will see the LED alert still flashing after I cleared a notification. (Only happens with Facebook) That could be a BeBuzz issue though. I think the app is kind of slow as well.

Sorry that wasn't helpful all I really did was share my frustration with the Facebook App. I wonder if its the device or the App in general.
    05-01-12 05:12 PM
    As for the Facebook updates in your general notifications, you can hit up the settings in the app to keep your FB status updates out of your unified notification folder, and they will remain intact in the Facebook app itself. I didn't like having my notifications piling up like crazy.

As for the stuck notification icon sticking every so often, it happens to me every couple of months or so.
    05-01-12 09:56 PM
    With OS 5 and FB 1.9, I used to get notifactions, messages, etc through BB Messages (with my email), and if I deleted them on the BB, they would remain on the FB server, albeit read. I'd love to get it back to that way, but can't figure it out.
    05-01-12 09:58 PM
    I have an issue with this new Facebook App as well...tried searching for a fix everywhere, but haven't found anything.

Here's the problem: Before the recent changes that FB made to its messenger, I had created a list via that old chat blocking several people from seeing me as being online. I had not blocked anything else from them or included them in any other list. Once the new messenger was introduced (whereby you could just pick and choose who you did not want to see you online WITHOUT being placed on a list), I had deleted that old list.

After downloading the latest FB app update, I noticed that whenever I post anything from the app (status update, check-in, photos), it actually blocks the people I had on that old list. I can see them blocked when I check my facebook on a PC. However, if I post anything from my mobile or PC, those people are not blocked. I even checked to see if these people were somehow on FB's newly created list 'restricted', and they are not. I'd like to know why the FB app is blocking friends that were on an old list that I had deleted and that were never blocked from seeing all my posts, just from seeing me online if I logged into the chat??? Anyone have a solution?
    05-02-12 11:07 AM
    I also have an annoying issue. When long posts arrive they are truncated so you cannot read the entire post.

This does not happen on my wifes 9700 running OS5.

Anyone know a fix for OS6?

Sent from my old faithful BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD