SocialScope is giving out invites left and right. If you request one, you will get it right after you submit the request.
    I want to second this. Just tried it and I received an IMMEDIATE invite.

Neat app so far, I just WISH I could have more than 2 twitter accounts.
    02-19-11 12:38 AM
    As a longtime Uber user I find SocialScope the best of the alternatives. SocialScope may remain even if Uber returns. Still deciding but so far all is well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 08:17 AM
    I use the native Twitter app now

02-19-11 08:21 AM
    Think I'm going to stick with SocialScope for the time being until something better catches my eye.
    T4BB is a last resort for me - can't stand the thing. I gave Seesmic a go too, but that seemed to be pretty slow refreshing the timeline.
    02-19-11 08:26 AM
    T4BB (as nature intended).

02-19-11 08:28 AM
    ill take someones socialscope invite if they dont want it
    As of yesterday, they've been giving out free invites if you sign up NOW. (Even if you are already on the waiting list, just re-request an invite.)
    02-19-11 11:04 AM
    I am off topic here but guys, THANK YOU for telling me that! I send a request and got it immediately!

Thank you again guys!
    02-19-11 11:34 AM
    Uber is best! I like the look and design of of t4bb but won't use it since it doesn't leave u at last viewed tweet

02-19-11 11:41 AM
    Native app until UT is back.

One thing I do miss from UT is the trending topic explation feature which of course isnt available on the native app. Also the ability to RT a message adding something to it
    02-19-11 03:12 PM
    I miss the uberchannels.

02-19-11 03:45 PM
    Currently using Social Scope

Kinda cool since being able to have like a few different platform in one place.
    02-19-11 03:53 PM
    Uber is best! I like the look and design of of t4bb but won't use it since it doesn't leave u at last viewed tweet

If you press the end (not back) button when leaving the TFBB app, it will bring you back to the last viewed in your timeline. It's my workaround until UT gets back up.

Downloaded social scope and don't see the big fuss about it. Didn't give me facebook notifications and the UI is nothing special. UT needs to come back!

02-19-11 03:55 PM
    I just love the fact I don't have to go into multiple apps to see all my social connections.

Is social scope the only app that does this?

02-19-11 04:56 PM
    If you press the end (not back) button when leaving the TFBB app, it will bring you back to the last viewed in your timeline. It's my workaround until UT gets back up.

Downloaded social scope and don't see the big fuss about it. Didn't give me facebook notifications and the UI is nothing special. UT needs to come back!

But when it refreshes does it stay at that spot or go to topb

02-19-11 05:54 PM
    But when it refreshes does it stay at that spot or go to topb

That's the thing... As far as I know it doesn't refresh that way, which is why it remains at the last tweet you landed on. As this member stated it is a "workaround" which leaves the application constantly running in the backround and on your app switcher, as opposed to just firing up & polling for updates in the backround at your specified refresh rate in options.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it doesn't refresh if you immediately open it again (because it is already open), but it will refresh at your set intervals. As I stated it is "open" and in the backround doing it this way.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 02-19-11 at 06:30 PM.
    02-19-11 06:26 PM
    I'm using T4BB and now SocialScope. I will go back to UberTwitter when it goes live again. I'm still keeping T4BB. Been using UT and T4BB for awhile. SS is nice but I'm used to UT. Who knows, maybe SS will grow on me.
    02-19-11 11:41 PM
    UberTwitter is now UberSocial: Blackberry � UberSocial
    02-20-11 05:57 AM
    SocialScope is nice, much better than that the official twitter app.
    Thanks to those who recommended.
    02-20-11 07:18 AM
    SocialScope is nice, much better than that the official twitter app.
    Thanks to those who recommended.
    +1, don't think I'll be going back to Uber Twitter.
    02-20-11 08:38 AM
    I just love the fact I don't have to go into multiple apps to see all my social connections.

Is social scope the only app that does this?

Vodafone Update is the only other app I know of that does. It's a nice app, but not quite as full-featured as SocialScope. It also allows connection to Linkedin, if you use that.

02-20-11 09:52 AM
    From Twitter Help:
    UPDATE 2/20/2011:

We've given the developers of twidroyd and UberSocial for Blackberry (formerly UberTwitter) access to the Twitter API again. Our initial review indicates that steps have been taken to remedy the violations for these applications.

When the developer updates twidroyd and Ubersocial, you'll be able to download their updates to access Tweets again on these applications.
    http://support.twitter.com/articles/452648-i-m-having-problems-logging-in-to-ubertwitter-or-twidroyd
    02-20-11 05:10 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD