I downloaded the new google maps 3.2.1 and noticed there are new icons at the bottom of the screen.

What are they and how do you access them; has anyone found out?
    11-05-09 06:01 PM
    This are the only icons I see...

11-06-09 12:45 PM
    This are the only icons I see...

How did you make that image and I will post mine.
    11-06-09 12:59 PM
    How did you make that image and I will post mine.
    I used BBSAK, but you can use the blackberry master control program or capture it, and there are others.

Capture it:
    http://www.thetechmogul.com/CaptureIt/CaptureIt.jad
    11-06-09 02:37 PM
    I downloaded the new google maps 3.2.1 and noticed there are new icons at the bottom of the screen.

What are they and how do you access them; has anyone found out?
    They are the stupid Storm icons- google still thinks our Tours are a touhscreen- this has happened before and now some of us have this version who are NOT on a Storm! I have them too, but hear some Tour owners didn't get that version- I want to know how to get rid of them because deleting and reinstalling doesn't work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 02:55 PM
    Here is what my screen looks like on my Tour 9630
    11-06-09 05:06 PM
    zoom out, zoom in, previous item, next item, details or menu, your location

Just guessing. They are fairly standard symbols.
    11-07-09 09:16 AM
    Glad I have not tried updating GoogleMaps. Pressing those icons on a Tour will merely smear my screen!!!
    11-07-09 09:44 AM
    yup, UP, you got the Storm version. I was able (lucky) to get the correct version for my Tour (3.2.1)
    11-07-09 10:16 AM
    Anyone notice or have a problem with the picture icon not saving or updating. I change my picture and it says that its saving it, but when you close out of maps and reopen its blank again
    11-07-09 10:37 AM
    yup, UP, you got the Storm version. I was able (lucky) to get the correct version for my Tour (3.2.1)
    I wonder what the trigger is to what version you get?

I have deleted and redownloaded several times and I still get the Storm version. But other Tour owners are getting the Tour version.

Hmmmmm.
    11-07-09 12:30 PM
    Someone needs to save out the TOUR cod file or files and make them available outside of the normal process. BBSAK or other programs can backup or save cod files. You'd have to go to the BB's Option/Advanced/Applications and scroll down to GoogleMaps and open it and see if there is one or more cod files (modules), then save the one or ones listed.
    11-07-09 01:24 PM
    I don't know if the Bold version would be better for you than the Tour version, but I don't see why it would be any worse than the Storm version... I can post the Bold version I'm running later tonight if you want to try it. I have an older version on my SD card and need to update it anyway.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD