Pocket Express.
    Lygea Pocket 10C SE RPN Calculator.

You didn't ask, but what I miss the most that I had on Windows Mobile and that's not yet available for Blackberry: Web IS's Pocket Informant. It's a PIM replacement. They're supposedly working on a Blackberry version.
    Folks, WebIS is about to release a beta-for-sale version of Pocket Informant for BB. Price is $19.95.

If interested buy your seat in the beta program here: WebIS Pocket Informant for BlackBerry Signup. I just signed up.

Please note that you shall have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement.
    05-27-08 02:34 PM
    Technocracy:

Can you give a brief synopsis of what this program has to offer or might have to offer on the BB.

I am looking for a simple way of looking at a Contact (say, Doc) calling and scheduing an appt. I would like to be able to press one/two keystrokes and have the Doc's name/phone/(maybe) location copied and then the appt/calendar application open and the data be copied there, ready for me to just enter the time/date. But I don't want a memory hog to accomplish this.
    05-28-08 12:25 AM
    My List

*THEMES!! they make your berry personal..
    *JiveTalk
    *Facebook
    *SoftReset
    *Boston Red Sox Shortcut
    *WeatherEye
    *And a lot of "mobile sites" bookmarked under BB Browser

MYSPACE...(why cant they make a myspace app like facebook??)

I hate Opera Mini...i had it for a bit and got rid of it. I prefer my IPod Touch lol safari is sweet.
    05-28-08 12:26 AM
    Not in any particular orders...

• Viigo CB edition (free)
    • Opera Mini 4.1 (free)
    • JiveTalk
    • WeatherEye (free)
    • BB Maps (free)
    • Google Maps (free)
    • BB Alerts
    • FindIt
    • TellMe (free)
    • WorldMate Live (free edition)
    • Beyond411 Search (free)
    • Gmail (free and save space on your BB)
    • SoftReset (donation)
    • AutoLock (donation)
    • Shortcuts to CB (required lol )
    05-28-08 01:03 AM
    Technocracy:

Can you give a brief synopsis of what this program has to offer or might have to offer on the BB.

I am looking for a simple way of looking at a Contact (say, Doc) calling and scheduing an appt. I would like to be able to press one/two keystrokes and have the Doc's name/phone/(maybe) location copied and then the appt/calendar application open and the data be copied there, ready for me to just enter the time/date. But I don't want a memory hog to accomplish this.
    A little tricky for a user w/an NDA perhaps but I agree. I'm looking for an app like this but for a buy-in beta, I need more info from the developer on the app first.
    05-28-08 10:35 AM
    My List

*THEMES!! they make your berry personal..
    *JiveTalk
    *Facebook
    *SoftReset
    *Boston Red Sox Shortcut
    *WeatherEye
    *And a lot of "mobile sites" bookmarked under BB Browser

MYSPACE...(why cant they make a myspace app like facebook??)

I hate Opera Mini...i had it for a bit and got rid of it. I prefer my IPod Touch lol safari is sweet.

def agree with my myspace app...idk why they haven't thought of that....

but mine are:
    _weathereye
    _cb app
    _aim app
    _opera mini
    _themes (bphone & L theme) both free
    _google maps

i want to find some more...haha im so addicted
    05-28-08 07:01 PM
    I have....

Opera mini
    Gmail
    Ka-glom
    Texas hold em
    Pocket express
    Crackberry desktop

All of which were free.
    05-28-08 09:00 PM
    Opera Mini (it's faster, plain and simple)
    JiveTalk
    BBWeather
    Viigo (CB edition)
    Ascendo Money
    Medieval King's Chess II
    AT&T Navigator
    Chord Genie
    WorldMate Live
    ScanR
    Trapster
    GPSed
    Cippi
    Radio Companion
    WattPad
    Guitar Trainer
    +1 on GPSed. It is a great little app. I used it to document a trip the family and I did to the North Georgia Mountains and hiking at some state parks. The ability to attach geotagged photos to your trip is awesome.
    05-28-08 11:02 PM
    A little tricky for a user w/an NDA perhaps but I agree. I'm looking for an app like this but for a buy-in beta, I need more info from the developer on the app first.
    I regret the late reply, folks: As stated above, I cannot provide details, including functionality.

Your concerns are indeed sensible. Therefore, you may sit this one out and wait for a demo version when it becomes available.
    05-29-08 12:57 AM
    I'm still a newbie, but here is what I've grown to love.

1. Opera Mini - it's quicker

2. gmail - very easy to use

3. Empower - I've tried both BBsmart and empower and there is no comparison

4. Viigo - addicted to it!!!

5. The Weather Channel - quick and easy
    05-29-08 06:13 AM
    is their an app for just msn alone?
    05-29-08 06:45 PM
    Opera Mini
    BBSmart Alarms Pro
    Yahoo messenger
    05-29-08 07:31 PM
    google maps
    gmail
    opera mini
    gtalk
    tellme
    google search

tellme is a great app where you just say what you want and it does a local search for you and gives you directions tellme.com/you
    Last edited by Schmitty75; 05-30-08 at 12:04 PM.
    05-30-08 11:53 AM
    I highly recomend Empower Pro (I used both Empower and BBSmart and I feel there is NO comparison whatsoever).

I don't "get" the love for Opera Mini... what does it do that I can't do with my BB Browser? I tried it for a while on my old BB and just didn't see much of a benefit. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? If it's really as amazing as everyone says I'll use some precious memory on my Pearl and hop on the bandwagon!!
    I like it because it actually allows me to to view videos on blueapple.mobi and download a lot of things that i would get a http 40 something error
    06-01-08 11:13 PM
    viigo
    yahoo im
    06-01-08 11:18 PM
    One major thing opera mini has over BB browser is being able to download much larger files! I had to dl my BT drivers for my pc when my ph lines went down so I could tether my BB to my pc and had lost the drivers. BB browser wouldn't let me dl the 46 MB file but opera would. The I moved Zip to my pc and setup inet tether until the next day when my ph company ran new line after the bad storm yanked em down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 05:04 PM
    patrick.waugh ur smart and funny...I have my first bb curve, and it's like going to college all-over again...too many steps to get somewhere..I have pocket express it's a great app. looking for movies in my area was easy, looking at the weather, so now my trial is over and gotta look for something else... it's all good.
    06-02-08 07:31 PM
    SoftrRest I have seen this in other threads but have not heard it explained

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-08 07:04 PM
    great post! thanks
    06-08-08 11:49 PM
    anyone try the emobile software today yet?
    06-09-08 12:18 AM
    Opera Mini is great because it allows you to choose where you want your downloads to go and allows for big file downloads.

If you're a Last.fm user, get Flipside.fm. Even if you aren't, it's a nice little mp3 player.

JiveTalk for all your IMing needs.

SoftReset is good. You use it to cycle your power on a freeze or something instead of having to pull the battery. Go to geekandproud.net to get this one. Same guy also made a nice little AutoLock program. Posted on the same page.

Google Apps.

Facebook.

My question: Is there a 3rd party file browser available that will let me view all the files on my phone/SDHC card?
    06-11-08 02:12 PM
    Hey guys I just retried weather eye and they have added new US cities (including St Louis, MO). Very neat application!
    06-11-08 06:34 PM
    SoftReset is good. You use it to cycle your power on a freeze or something instead of having to pull the battery.
    This is an unnecessary application and a waste of precious memory.

You can soft reset your BB simply by pressing the left alt, the right shift and the right delete key all at once. Completely resets your BB without a battery pull.
    06-11-08 06:57 PM
    CB Viigo
    Jivetalk
    NYT
    USA Today
    TwitterBerry
    Gmail
    Weatherbug Direct
    Facebook
    Just a few I can't live without...
    06-12-08 06:04 PM
    Viigo