If you upgrade to Official 5.0 OS, what happens to all the apps/games you have for current software?

Also, what if some of them are only compatible with 4.xx? Are you pretty much **** out of luck?
    03-08-10 11:56 PM
    If you purchased apps for a 4.x OS, you can try contacting the developers and asking if a 5.0 version is available. I was able to get almost all purchased apps in a compatible version without buying them again. The ones I couldn't get were not anything I had a need for anyway. Just try e-mailing the developers. Most of them are nice folks who will help out. .

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-09-10 12:04 AM
    i got 0 problems with my upgrade... but i don�t use tons of apps, opera, bb app store, and CB apps run beautiful =P
    03-09-10 12:07 AM
    I'm looking an app I think its called stormreplicate its supposed to divide all your textes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 12:01 AM
    If you use DM and there are no problems all apps are transferred over. Most will still run. If you bought from Mobihand some apps have a link to switch OS versions for free. Otherwise if they are not compatible contact app developer and most will update you to new OS for free, if available.
    03-13-10 05:16 AM
    Hey guys! I'm looking for either an e-reader app or PDF app that I can use on my BB 8520. Anyone know where I can get one?
    03-13-10 08:43 AM
    Hey guys! I'm looking for either an e-reader app or PDF app that I can use on my BB 8520. Anyone know where I can get one?
    You should really create a new post for this please. It isn't polite to hijack a thread with a completely different subject. It also creates an issue with people who are searching for answers as your question will not be seen within a thread that has a subject of "What happens to all the apps when you upgrade to 5.0"

So please create a new post with your question so that everyone will see it and be able to respond, learn, and search.

Welcome to CrackBerry and I hope you do repost the question as I have been an avid ebook reader for many years, including using my Pearl, Curve, and now Curve 2.
    03-13-10 03:04 PM
    All my apps were still there and working with the only exception being Quick Pull Lite, which I was able to put a newer version on after the upgrade anyways.
    03-13-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD