No invite and no sign of a release. Anyone know what the status of this app is? Yes...I gather it's in beta, but anything more than that?
    04-14-09 06:50 PM
    I was lucky to get an invite a couple weeks ago...by far the best twitter app out there. Not sure when more invites are planned or a release date though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 07:05 PM
    My guess is they got a lot of people signing up for the Beta and are slowly letting more use it. I have it as well and its a great app for Tweeting and Facebooking.
    04-14-09 07:08 PM
    If your following @0mie on twitter, you need to be checking out what he has been saying the last few minutes (hint .. hint)
    04-14-09 09:16 PM
    Any more word on when the update is coming?
    04-15-09 06:20 AM
    If your following @0mie on twitter, you need to be checking out what he has been saying the last few minutes (hint .. hint)
    I was following him, but he updates so much that it floods my twitter, I just sent the request to follow again... just cuz of the hint hint.

I signed up for social scope awhile ago, and still nothing
    04-15-09 06:23 AM
    I keep asking about the next release and the response I get is 'soon'.
    04-15-09 08:17 AM
    No invite and no sign of a release. Anyone know what the status of this app is? Yes...I gather it's in beta, but anything more than that?
    I got an invite to socialscope beta a couple months ago, and it sucked on my storm. Completely unusable. It crashed, and froze and tanked my phone performance. I've been using yatca, and I just tried ubertwitter today. In the ubertwitter forum someone mentioned SocialScope. I had forgot all about it. So I redownloaded it hoping it had been updated. It has, and it is gorgeous! Works flawlessly so far on my Storm. I've ditched all other twitter apps.
    04-16-09 11:43 AM
    Am I the only one really pissed off that the creators of Social Scope and Tweet Genius can't make their betas open? I mean come on, they go on these sites and talk up their product, and limit their user base to an elite few who are on their computers 24/7 in order to take invites. Why not do what Ubertwitter did and make an open beta. Right now, if he asked me to pay for his product once it came out of beta, I don't think i'd have much of a problem with that. I paid for Tweetie on my iPod touch, and the developer keeps in touch with all the users. The most we get from Tweet Genius are a few unhelpful replies like "oh it will be so worth the wait!" And nothing from Social Scope! If you're going to promote your product, let people try it. Otherwise, if you're unwilling to let anyone else in and all you do is tease your product, don't say anything and eff off. There was someone else last month promoting a new twitter program, and he just disappeared. It's almost as bad as Verizon dangling a new software upgrade in front of all of us. It stinks and I don't like it.
    04-16-09 02:00 PM
    Am I the only one really pissed off that the creators of Social Scope and Tweet Genius can't make their betas open? I mean come on, they go on these sites and talk up their product, and limit their user base to an elite few who are on their computers 24/7 in order to take invites. Why not do what Ubertwitter did and make an open beta. Right now, if he asked me to pay for his product once it came out of beta, I don't think i'd have much of a problem with that. I paid for Tweetie on my iPod touch, and the developer keeps in touch with all the users. The most we get from Tweet Genius are a few unhelpful replies like "oh it will be so worth the wait!" And nothing from Social Scope! If you're going to promote your product, let people try it. Otherwise, if you're unwilling to let anyone else in and all you do is tease your product, don't say anything and eff off. There was someone else last month promoting a new twitter program, and he just disappeared. It's almost as bad as Verizon dangling a new software upgrade in front of all of us. It stinks and I don't like it.
    It really is worth the wait. . .
    04-16-09 02:09 PM
    It really is worth the wait. . .
    Theres no wait if theres no release date. Just like the Verizon update. Vaporware. If you can't share what you have and have to make a members only elitist club with your product, its really improper to talk up your product. Ubertwitter FTW. At least he had the balls to share his product.
    04-16-09 02:31 PM
    Socialscope is still in limited *alpha* testing, not beta. Since they are engaged in real-world testing, they only add people as their system can handle the extra load. They provide good feedback and address testers' concerns quickly. They are pretty active on Twitter. I think it was pretty ballsy of them to throw up invites on huge sites like CB and Engadget, knowing they would get crushed by the response. They threw 500 invites to Engadget! Hardly elitest. And I am not on my computer 24/7 lurking for invites. I am, however, active on Twitter, and I was lucky enough to get one. My wife, on the other hand, registered months ago and is still waiting.

Don't bash them for not throwing an open beta before they are ready to support it, thereby drowning their product's chances of a successful launch in a sea of hatemail complaining of system crashes and downtime. Seems to me they are doing it right. Good software development takes time and careful planning. The wired (and wireless) world today just lays bare more of the process that we as consumers aren't used to seeing, but was always there to begin with.

04-16-09 02:57 PM
    I love social scope after using many of the twitter clients for blackberry, social scope blows them away. Its great and its only getting better. Honestly I really don't know why they are delaying it....
    04-16-09 03:12 PM
    Socialscope is still in limited *alpha* testing, not beta. Since they are engaged in real-world testing, they only add people as their system can handle the extra load. They provide good feedback and address testers' concerns quickly. They are pretty active on Twitter. I think it was pretty ballsy of them to throw up invites on huge sites like CB and Engadget, knowing they would get crushed by the response. They threw 500 invites to Engadget! Hardly elitest. And I am not on my computer 24/7 lurking for invites. I am, however, active on Twitter, and I was lucky enough to get one. My wife, on the other hand, registered months ago and is still waiting.

Don't bash them for not throwing an open beta before they are ready to support it, thereby drowning their product's chances of a successful launch in a sea of hatemail complaining of system crashes and downtime. Seems to me they are doing it right. Good software development takes time and careful planning. The wired (and wireless) world today just lays bare more of the process that we as consumers aren't used to seeing, but was always there to begin with.

If they aren't ready to support it why is everyone praising Social Scope so much? If it weren't ready you'd think there would be so many complaints, at least as many as there are for twitterberry and the other twitter apps. I haven't even seen hint of a screen shot. Heck, all the praises are from these other users, no direct word on progress updates from them. At least throw the rest of us who have lives and aren't on their computer or twitter 24/7 to grab up an invite the instant its offered a bone.

As for Tweet Genius, the only things he tweets are how awesome his program is and its worth the wait. No screen shot, no nothing. No contact info on his placeholder website either. And then he goes ahead last night and tweets "oh first one to reply to me gets a tweet genius invite!" Then, nothing. Thats horsesh*t. All of you are so quick to complain about how Verizon keeps us in the dark about software updates, but are so quick to defend someone else for doing the exact same thing.
    04-16-09 03:28 PM
    Ok, first thing SocialScope is not secretive about anything. It's still in alpha, so it's letting in users in slowly but surely. A lot of new users get added constantly, the user base is in the thousands right now.

When SocialScope first gave out invites to CrackBerry, BGR and other sites. That whole first week or two the servers were CRUSHED and the service was slow, people were complaining about it not working. That has since been fixed and more users keep getting added.

Just because you didn't get an invite doesn't mean you won't. Yes, I know nobody likes waiting, but it's out of their control to let everyone in and then just have ppl complaining it doesn't work or it's slow. They need to manually authorize users and add them to the database, this is so everyone gets in and it's fair. They add the people based on registration date. The week they gave away 500 invites it took them about a week to have all invites manually sent out, but all the users got their invites.

Just be patient, issues out of the control of SocialScope arise and things can get delayed, but it's not because they don't want more users. They are glad to have new users and want everyone to get in on the SocialScope action.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them. Just don't think SocialScope is gone, because it's not and people are being added weekly =).
    04-16-09 07:35 PM
    Ok, first thing SocialScope is not secretive about anything. It's still in alpha, so it's letting in users in slowly but surely. A lot of new users get added constantly, the user base is in the thousands right now.

When SocialScope first gave out invites to CrackBerry, BGR and other sites. That whole first week or two the servers were CRUSHED and the service was slow, people were complaining about it not working. That has since been fixed and more users keep getting added.

Just because you didn't get an invite doesn't mean you won't. Yes, I know nobody likes waiting, but it's out of their control to let everyone in and then just have ppl complaining it doesn't work or it's slow. They need to manually authorize users and add them to the database, this is so everyone gets in and it's fair. They add the people based on registration date. The week they gave away 500 invites it took them about a week to have all invites manually sent out, but all the users got their invites.

Just be patient, issues out of the control of SocialScope arise and things can get delayed, but it's not because they don't want more users. They are glad to have new users and want everyone to get in on the SocialScope action.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will answer them. Just don't think SocialScope is gone, because it's not and people are being added weekly =).
    Well I have a lot of questions then that their website doesn't remotely answer.

Can we see some screenshots? What does it do that twitterberry and ubertwitter don't do (besides integrate with facebook)? How well does it look/work on the storm? Good twitpic/pic hosting service support? Does it slow down the storm, and if so how badly? Does the developer(s) have a timeline as to when this will be ready for the masses? Will it have a cost when it is given a wide release, and if so how much? If it does have a cost, the only paid twitter app I could compare would be tweetie for ipod touch, so would it be on par with that?

I probably will have more questions based on your answers (if you get to answering them). I just feel that no one is really giving any info on these products, like Shazam or (even bigger) like Verizon on an OS release. I just think its hypocritical to see so many complaints about Verizon not giving us any info and then accepting it from another software developer. No one really says much about it except how good it is and how "it blows everything else out of the way." I'm not trying to be mean...just calling out the hypocrisy.
    04-16-09 10:36 PM
    Well I have a lot of questions then that their website doesn't remotely answer.

Can we see some screenshots? What does it do that twitterberry and ubertwitter don't do (besides integrate with facebook)? How well does it look/work on the storm? Good twitpic/pic hosting service support? Does it slow down the storm, and if so how badly? Does the developer(s) have a timeline as to when this will be ready for the masses? Will it have a cost when it is given a wide release, and if so how much? If it does have a cost, the only paid twitter app I could compare would be tweetie for ipod touch, so would it be on par with that?
    Screens were posted on EngadgetMobile and CrackBerry and BlackBerryCool and few other sites. If you want just google them.

I use my Storm 24/7 and can last the day just fine with my battery, there is no memory leak from the app. TwitPic integration is GREAT. You can upload directly from within SS. My Storm hasn't slowed down a bit since using SS late last year.

Tabs for easy browsing and view @replies and other updates. There is tons more, but that would just take long time to explain.

SS will be free and they don't have a set eta on full public release. But "soon" and I understand that is very vague, but it's best to leave it at that and not have a lot more upset people if they don't meet the deadline, but testing thus far has been great and most all bugs have been caught, so that should say something. I will keep you guys posted on future news. It truly is a one of a kind twitter experience.

I think I have answered the questions, but if you have more; just post them here, they are still well into development and adding new users all the time. Just please be patient and if I can help, I will
    04-16-09 10:57 PM
    Screens were posted on EngadgetMobile and CrackBerry and BlackBerryCool and few other sites. If you want just google them.

I use my Storm 24/7 and can last the day just fine with my battery, there is no memory leak from the app. TwitPic integration is GREAT. You can upload directly from within SS. My Storm hasn't slowed down a bit since using SS late last year.

Tabs for easy browsing and view @replies and other updates. There is tons more, but that would just take long time to explain.

SS will be free and they don't have a set eta on full public release. But "soon" and I understand that is very vague, but it's best to leave it at that and not have a lot more upset people if they don't meet the deadline, but testing thus far has been great and most all bugs have been caught, so that should say something. I will keep you guys posted on future news. It truly is a one of a kind twitter experience.

I think I have answered the questions, but if you have more; just post them here, they are still well into development and adding new users all the time. Just please be patient and if I can help, I will
    Ok, very helpful, thank you I appreciate it.

Just a few more questions (and I hope my asking questions is for the good of the program and other curious people), now it was said that they have their own servers for this app. Will they be able to withstand the whole blackberry nation? Is there any way donating a few shekels to the cause would allow myself (or other donators) to get an invite to try this program faster? Any ballpark estimate as to around when a public release would be ready, like are we talking summer or a month or a few weeks? I'm not asking for an exact release date, I understand these things take time and unexpected setbacks, but maybe a ballpark estimate and maybe a few updates as to how close they are or progress made would be appreciated. Again, not trying to be mean or a pain in the ***, just curious and kinda tired of having to depend on twitterberry or hope theres wifi to use tweetie on my ipod touch. Also, anything else you can tell us that the developers have up their sleeves would be gratefully appreciated. Again, many thinks for being the only person to shed some real light on this program and not act like a member of an exclusive club.
    04-16-09 11:41 PM
    I think 0mies replies were great. I can also second that the program runs smoothly on the Storm (a lot better than most). It also doesn't have much of an effect on battery life.
    04-16-09 11:44 PM
    I have to respond to this cuz I'm bored. And 0mie is egging me on.

If you're gonna get all mad about not getting SS, don't. I mean yes it's good compared to TwitterBerry, TinyTwitter, blah blah. But it isn't the greatest thing on Earth that God himself gave as a gift to us. Sorry 0mie. By taking FOREVER to respond to people's requests for it makes SS look bad. Be patient? Waiting months is ridiculous. Especially when someone special can get it the same day. Now I did get SS pretty much immediately back when I requested for it. And I thought it was cool. But after seeing everyone have to wait forever and forever, I stopped using it. And I know I'm not the only one who has it and doesn't use it. Point being, there's other clients out there more worthy of your time. Since SS doesn't seem to think you're worthy of theirs.
    04-17-09 12:09 AM

If you're gonna get all mad about not getting SS, don't. I mean yes it's good compared to TwitterBerry, TinyTwitter, blah blah. But it isn't the greatest thing on Earth that God himself gave as a gift to us. Sorry 0mie. By taking FOREVER to respond to people's requests for it makes SS look bad. Be patient? Waiting months is ridiculous. Especially when someone special can get it the same day. Now I did get SS pretty much immediately back when I requested for it. And I thought it was cool. But after seeing everyone have to wait forever and forever, I stopped using it. And I know I'm not the only one who has it and doesn't use it. Point being, there's other clients out there more worthy of your time. Since SS doesn't seem to think you're worthy of theirs.
    I completely disagree. They aren't waiting because they don't want to add ppl, it is because they are trying to maintain the integrity of the program. Why would they not want more users? That makes no sense. It isn't elitest. I have sent them feedback and they responded within a day or two at most. Before SS I didn't user twitter at all, now I am on there checking all the time to see what is happening. SS is a great program and I don't use half of its functions. And they are trying to add things all the time. Thanks. That is it.
    04-17-09 12:15 AM

You would think me being a moderator on Crackberry would mean somebody special. That was not the case. It took me over a month to get a invite and that was about 3-4 months back. Twitter is just growing so fast now and many people want in on SS. Not saying anybody else could not get a invite right away but it did not happen for me.
    04-17-09 12:23 AM
    I completely disagree. They aren't waiting because they don't want to add ppl, it is because they are trying to maintain the integrity of the program. Why would they not want more users? That makes no sense. It isn't elitest. I have sent them feedback and they responded within a day or two at most. Before SS I didn't user twitter at all, now I am on there checking all the time to see what is happening. SS is a great program and I don't use half of its functions. And they are trying to add things all the time. Thanks. That is it.
    Not saying they don't want more users...just saying they're making themselves look like stuck up ninjas. A LOT of people complain about how secretive it is. Which it is. It's true that they don't say much about their app. lol at elitest by the way. Aaaaaand I'm not saying it's a bad app. Just the way it's all happening. End.
    04-17-09 12:24 AM
    You would think me being a moderator on Crackberry would mean somebody special. That was not the case. It took me over a month to get a invite and that was about 3-4 months back. Twitter is just growing so fast now and many people want in on SS. Not saying anybody else could not get a invite right away but it did not happen for me.
    Oooh being a mod makes you special? I wonder how I got mine so lightning fast...?
    04-17-09 12:26 AM
    Not saying they don't want more users...just saying they're making themselves look like stuck up ninjas. A LOT of people complain about how secretive it is. Which it is. It's true that they don't say much about their app. lol at elitest by the way. Aaaaaand I'm not saying it's a bad app. Just the way it's all happening. End.
    It's still in Alpha, why would SocialScope want all the facts and secrets of their program blurted out before they give an official say.

That wouldn't be good for them because of competitors and if someone along the road creates a lie about a feature it will just make people angry when it isn't there.
    04-17-09 12:27 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD