Hi, can someone please post links to a good free task manager that cuts out unrequired apps keeping the device running fast.

Thank you for your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 01:25 PM
    there are none as far as i know
    07-08-10 10:27 PM
    there are none as far as i know
    Blackberry's don't work that way--no task-killers like Android. Using the built in memory-clear functions of the Berry and properly closing out of applications should be all you need. Also in terms of applications that hold onto memory or "leak" I would recommend adding applications to the device slowly and monitoring memory though the use of an application like FIXMOtools or others that have a memory monitoring feature to see which applications are the real, greedy, memory-snatchers.
    07-08-10 10:31 PM
    normally if an app stops working, it will automatically shut itself down after a while, and will prompt you of such
    07-09-10 12:09 AM
    There's no such thing as a task killer that watches over all applications. You have to manage things manually. I had to double-check all the time on my old 8320 so I didn't have to do a battery pull every 8 hours.

It's not necessary to watch over things anymore like a hawk with the 256 devices. The lowest I ever went on my 8900 was a hair under 70 MB and the device was fine.
    07-09-10 10:11 AM
    just hold down the bb button and kill them yourself.... lol
    07-09-10 10:20 AM
    Blackberry's don't work that way--no task-killers like Android. Using the built in memory-clear functions of the Berry and properly closing out of applications should be all you need. Also in terms of applications that hold onto memory or "leak" I would recommend adding applications to the device slowly and monitoring memory though the use of an application like FIXMOtools or others that have a memory monitoring feature to see which applications are the real, greedy, memory-snatchers.

Devices running OS 5.0 do not leak as much memory as they used to in OS 4.xxx. At least for me, memory "leak" is a non issue. upgrade to a leaked OS 5 on ur bold an you will see how memory is better managed with that os version.
    07-09-10 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD