What is the difference between this and regular ol' VM? Visual what? I am getting more curious daily as I wonder why all the drama over this feature not working correctly on T-Mo?
    11-16-09 09:01 AM
    It's where your voicemail is displayed on the screen so you can choose which ones to listen to, compared to the normal voicemail where you have to phone up and don't get a choice of which ones you can listen to.
    11-16-09 09:03 AM
    I'm yet to jump over to the 9700 yet but as someone that used an iPhone (I know, I know) its a system that displays your messages on the screen rather than you having to ring through to your voicemail.

You will click on visual voicemail and you will be able to see exactly who left you the message, how long it is and then obviously play it if you wish. And rather than sitting there listening to all of the various options of deleting or having to listen to three messages just to get to the 4th message you can just pick what you want to listen to.
    11-16-09 09:06 AM
    And to tell the truth, youmail or google vice are better options for visual voicemail, and are both free...
    11-16-09 09:08 AM
    Kinda like youmail ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:08 AM
    Thanks everyone, I went to myT-Mo.com from my laptop and enabled VVM, it worked/updated on my 9700 in under 3 seconds!
    11-16-09 09:42 AM
    My AllTel pearl had spin vox. The entire voice mail was displayed as text. Never had to call my voice mail box. They were received as a text message. I wish vz had that feature.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:42 AM
    And to tell the truth, youmail or google vice are better options for visual voicemail, and are both free...
    google vice? sounds kinky

on another note, i was never really turned onto google voice personally. it seemed like it was a bigger hassle than it was worth to me. but to each his own! my father loves/likes it
    11-16-09 09:54 AM
    The 9700 will be my first bb. Do I understand here that google voice, gtalk will work on a bb? Does google maps work too?
    11-16-09 10:43 AM
    hopefully rogers can have this soon
    11-16-09 10:48 AM
    With visual voice mail can you read the voice mail instead of listening to it? I know when someone calls my google voice nymber and they leave a VM I get a message with the text of what they said in the message
    11-16-09 11:01 AM
    do u need the new bb plan for you to have visual vm?
    11-16-09 12:27 PM
    Just activated T-Mobile VM we will see how well it performs. I have been using Enhanced Visual Voicemail For Cell Phones | YouMail for a couple of months and it has worked very well, it has a lot of features and options.
    11-16-09 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD