The wife is gonna let me buy $20 worth of apps. What would you suggest are the the essential non free apps everyone should have? Bare in mind I already have QuickLaunch and BerryJoose
    01-27-10 11:59 PM
    wow, pretty sad your wife has to let you..
    +1 for not wearing pants. Maybe if you ask her nicely she will let you drive the car too...j/k

umm I like stormslider and meterberry. That's the only 2 I bought. The rest are free or I won them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 12:59 AM
    If you like podcasts then Podtrapper is a must have.
    01-28-10 07:51 AM
    The wife is gonna let me buy $20 worth of apps. What would you suggest are the the essential non free apps everyone should have? Bare in mind I already have QuickLaunch and BerryJoose
    Is there a $20 app on HOW TO BE A MAN?
    01-28-10 07:56 AM
    i would buy some balls ... for real though StormSlider is definitely nice. BerryWeather is slick too. I would just spend it on her if i were you just make her happy !

p.s. It sounds like BerryJoose does not work for the storm according to reviews. You got any feedback on it?
    Last edited by trillonometry; 01-28-10 at 08:01 AM.
    01-28-10 07:56 AM
    I'd buy BerryWeather, Accelodex, BerryPopup, CallBlocker Pro, MeterBerry, Quicklaunch and Wheres My Phone Pro, in that order. I'm sure there's more than $20 there. I understand the wife's concern. Money is tight in my house too. $20 goes a long way at the grocery store. And I'd buy it all from Mobihand GREAT customer service!!!
    01-28-10 08:24 AM
    Quicklaunch
    LaterdudePro!
    ewallet

and I am in the same boat to....but I buy them and deal with the fallout later.
    01-28-10 08:42 AM
    Quicklaunch
    LaterdudePro!
    ewallet

and I am in the same boat to....but I buy them and deal with the fallout later.
    01-28-10 08:42 AM
    Easy People! Balls, I have..... balancing budget skills, i dont have. However the wife does. Since she took over finances, we havent overdrafted yet. She knows im a crackberry addict. If we have the extra money for apps, she'll tell me. if we dont, and she says no, i trust her!

Berry Joose seems to be working fine for me. I wiped my phone, went from .328 to .419, installed BerryJoose and have seen a huge difference in my app memory. .328, I was at 6mb and falling fast! the combo of .419 and berryjoose, im sitting at 20mb on restart and with apps running, including ubertwitter, which loves to eat up memory, at the end of the day, im at 15mb!

What about berry buzz? I was reading about that one last night. seems really cool.
    01-28-10 09:00 AM
    BerryBuzz and BerryWeather are both awesome apps. I highly recommend both.
    01-28-10 10:52 AM
    QuickLaunch and a new bra for yourself.
    01-28-10 10:56 AM
    ^^^ hahah ... for real unless you have a crazy need for one of these apps dont get any of them. save your money for something really fly like iPad!!!!
    01-28-10 11:05 AM
    wow, pretty sad your wife has to let you..
    {Soapbox Mode: ON}
    Pretty sad when you make your first post on this site just to belittle someone else.

Kudo's to the OP, not everyone has the money to just p!ss away, especially when you don't NEED apps. So his wife keeps tabs on their finances and spending, when money's tight, someone has to. We've seen from the past couple years of our economic toilet what happens when people spend more than they can afford.

I know several couples where over spending and then the argument over finances have caused them to divorce, maybe that's the more "manly" thing to do, eh? If it works for OP and his wife, why are you, and others, belittling him? Let's grow up.....
    {Soapbox Mode: OFF}

To address the OP's question....

For my $20, I'd grab QuickLaunch ($5) , Berry Weather ($10), and Meter Berry ($4), these are paid apps I use regularly. I might be inclined to wait until there's a special on any of these so then I'd have enough to also get BerryBuzz ($5) as well.
    01-28-10 11:23 AM
    save the $$$ and buy condom to surprise your wife.
    01-28-10 11:26 AM
    ...too flat chested for a bra, suicide pay attention! I said I already have QuickLaunch. Bob, doesnt Quicklaunch and meterberry have pretty much the same features? (memory cleaner, device reset, battery power percentage,) or is there more to meterberry than that?
    01-28-10 11:43 AM
    Get the Drug dealer game. Its classic. Then yeah spend the rest on condoms
    01-28-10 11:45 AM
    No matter what you purchase, you can look here to use the available coupon codes.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mob...oupons-210997/
    Always check the last page for a few unused software coupons.
    01-28-10 12:02 PM
    i have only purchased one app so far in the 9 months ive been a blackberry curve 8330 and now a storm owner, really looking into berryweather since it has a wallpaper feature for storm but i dont see the point in spending money on apps when there is a ton of free and plus money is tight for me so id rather buy $20 in gas or food then on a app to do something that i can do just takes me longer
    01-28-10 01:09 PM
    Sounds like you need to make more money....Berry buzz and berry weather are both great. The price of apps are probably the only thing I miss about the iPhone....everything was a buck or 2, rarely higher than 5 for good apps.
    isn't that a rim standard though? I thought the min you can charge is 2.99 and that is why some apps are always on "sale"
    01-28-10 01:11 PM
    That's one thing I will give to the iphone apps are always .99 cents rarely over $2 where as BB apos are rarely under $2
    01-28-10 01:17 PM
    Ha ha ha ha ha. This thread has made my day. Storm slider and Druglord wars.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 01:29 PM
    by the way im not laughing at the fact that your wifey let you buy 20 worth of apps. i understand how it is to be in a budgeted marriage. its hard to spend money on crap thats kind of useless when you got bigger responsibilities. but you got to admit some of the stuff people posted is pretty hilarious
    01-28-10 01:37 PM
    {Soapbox Mode: ON}
    Pretty sad when you make your first post on this site just to belittle someone else.

Kudo's to the OP, not everyone has the money to just p!ss away, especially when you don't NEED apps. So his wife keeps tabs on their finances and spending, when money's tight, someone has to. We've seen from the past couple years of our economic toilet what happens when people spend more than they can afford.

I know several couples where over spending and then the argument over finances have caused them to divorce, maybe that's the more "manly" thing to do, eh? If it works for OP and his wife, why are you, and others, belittling him? Let's grow up.....
    {Soapbox Mode: OFF}

To address the OP's question....

For my $20, I'd grab QuickLaunch ($5) , Berry Weather ($10), and Meter Berry ($4), these are paid apps I use regularly. I might be inclined to wait until there's a special on any of these so then I'd have enough to also get BerryBuzz ($5) as well.
    +1 for the soapbox! Hopefully that geniuses future posts in CB aren't as useless as his first. Obviously those who are posting belittling comments are not ( and Never will be) married. And I agree berrybuzz is an awesome app. Meterberry is also a very useful app if you are as wrapped up in monitoring your app memory as I am.
    01-28-10 01:49 PM
    Bob, doesnt Quicklaunch and meterberry have pretty much the same features? (memory cleaner, device reset, battery power percentage,) or is there more to meterberry than that?
    QL does some of the functions of MeterBerry, but there's more. I just OCD I guess with tracking memory and such on my phone, when I have a problem with memory leaks I can look at the memory log that Meterberry provides (updates every 15 minutes or so as you configure it).

It also has it's own icon that let's me do a quick touch and check the current memory status in the application description display on the screen. The icon is also configurable to change colors when it reaches certain levels as you configure it. So, I can have it turn yellow when I drop below 25MB of memory (setting configured by you) - alerts me that something is causing me a memory leak. It can also do similar reporting for battery level, battery temp, and it can rotate the icon to display each of those with updates every so often on the home screen. (I probably didn't do a good job explaining that).

It can also reset your device at a certain time each day if you want that - useful for those who run tight on memory and can automatically reset their phone each night.

With the latest OS, my phone has been solid so the MeterBerry more for information than necessity. It's not as critical of an app today as it was when we all had .75 OS on our phone, but I do find I use it frequently and was worth the few buck I spent on it back over a year ago now. Interesting app if you find it on sale for a buck or two.
    01-28-10 01:54 PM
    That's one thing I will give to the iphone apps are always .99 cents rarely over $2 where as BB apos are rarely under $2
    To be honest, there's a reason they are so cheap. 1) there are many more developers so the supply/demand keeps prices reasonable, 2) there's more IPod device users so those developers have a much larger market to sell to, they make it up in volume, and 3) many of the Apple apps suck (son has IPod Touch, been very disappointed in the quality of apps that I've seen him download - he has too I think some IPod developers just put something out that isn't quite ready to go to market as they know with as many potential users browsing the apps they'll get enough fools to pay for the cr@p.

Would also be interesting to know how much Apple keeps from each sale, if it's the same % as Mobihand (which I think it quite high and doesn't treat the developers fairly). But I guess we've digressed from the original topic of this thread - call out the ThreadCrap police
    01-28-10 01:59 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD