Curious what programs are out there for mobile blogging.

Patrick
    03-23-08 05:40 AM
    BB messenger, yahoo messenger, CB
    03-23-08 06:02 AM
    BB messenger, yahoo messenger, CB
    That's messaging, not blogging my friend. =) I'm talking about posting to web blogs from your blackberry.

Patrick
    03-23-08 06:17 AM
    My blog is Wordpress based, and as far as I know we are limited to blogging by e-mail and mobile browser blogging. There are a few good plugins to make the admin panel mobile friendly though.
    03-31-08 08:39 PM
    You know, considering the last time I saw a photo like your avitar, where someone is point a gun at you was the pictures of that psycho guy that killed all the students at Virgina Tech, I have to say I think it is extremely bad taste and frankly offensive.

Having carried a gun in and out of the military, I can say they are no joke, and not toys.

Patrick
    03-31-08 08:55 PM
    Mmmm, I'm pretty sure Blogger allows its users to email blogs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 09:37 PM
    Me and some friends are starting a group blog soon and I am interested in the most convenient blogging tool for the Blackberry. Any recommendations?
    01-26-10 05:46 PM
    I don't really blog in the classical sense. I did use Blogger awhile ago for food-critiquing. I do more miniblogging like with Posterous and microblogging with Twitter.
    Last edited by redwanhuq; 01-26-10 at 08:47 PM.
    01-26-10 05:54 PM
    Im Blogger blogger and I just use E-Mail. Something my iPhone did flawlessly. Ehhh o well hopefully an app is in the works
    01-26-10 08:02 PM
    The wordpress app has worked well for me. Wish there was one for Joomla, though.

01-26-10 11:02 PM
    I use the wordpress app. It works well for my purposes.
    01-27-10 07:47 AM
    +1 for Wordpress app. I use Wordpress as a CMS for my business website, which is not centered around blogging, but does have a blog page. I can use the WP app to update my website from anywhere. Blog posts can usually be sent via e-mail to most blogs as well.
    01-27-10 08:16 AM
    I used the tumblr app at one point but find it may be easier to email them...still deciding

01-27-10 09:12 AM
    I wish tumblr would have a good blackberry app. Looks like email is the way to go for now...
    01-27-10 11:10 AM
    Yeah something that allowed for photosets, video, audio would be very much welcomed!

01-27-10 03:52 PM
    I got so fed up by the lack of Blackberry apps for the services I use (GData Blogger, ReadItLater, tumblr) that I learned Java just so I could write my own. And I'm not a programmer.

I currently use a tumblr app I wrote for my Bold; it's a lightweight, browser-integrated client that only posts links and pictures from the browser. I'm writing a fuller-featured standalone client for my Bold 9000, but I needed something right away so I could post the random stuff I found while surfing on the Blackberry. It works for me until I can finish the standalone client...which will take a while.

Having spent 3 months learning Java, then basic J2ME, then Blackberry programming so that I could write my own stuff, I can say that I understand why there's not much development for the RIM OS. The API documentation is extremely sparse...with little sample code...and the how-to docs in the knowledgebase aren't much better. And don't get me started on their networking APIs...or their JDE. Or the fact that the really useful bits of the API are signed...you need a key to use them on actual devices. The key doesn't cost much...only $20, but there's little documentation on how to batch-sign finished applications, and the signing key only works on a single workstation at a time. That doesn't affect me, since I'm only writing stuff for my own use, but it must be difficult for those writing apps for multiple devices, with multiple developers.
    01-29-10 09:37 PM
    have a look here. WordPress for BlackBerry
    01-30-10 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD