I'm just starting to play around with new apps on my phone (working the NY Gift show can be very booring)

I downloaded nimbuzz because it seems like a robust messaging tool, I communicate with freinds via various messengers so this seems like a nice tool so far,

Are there any other apps that are similar or better than this? Anyone want to share their experiance with nimbuzz?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 09:35 AM
    Try BeeJive, it is an excellent IM app.
    12-04-09 12:34 AM
    Just downloaded and installed NIMBUZZ. So far so good. It is on the Blackberry App World, and Storm supported. I have facebook, aim, yahoo, and live contacts.

Anyone else try it??
    12-04-09 01:00 AM
    it didnt work on either my bold or 8520 curve.
    12-04-09 01:44 AM
    When I first loaded Nimbuzz on my BB, it took forever to load. I have over 600 people on my buddy lists (including facebook friends) and it took forever for it to finally get the list sorted. Once it was all on my BB, it ran smoothly. They have done a good job of integrating it into the BB system.

As a free multi-IM app, it is probably one of the better ones.
    12-04-09 08:05 AM
    It is missing support for the BB autotext feature and word wrap in the chat typing field.
    12-04-09 08:27 AM
    I have a 9700, and it worked, but it definitely still feels like a 1.0. It works as advertised, but is very rough around the edges. All your contacts are in a single list. Sure, Skype works, but only messaging. I really only care about Sype voice. It's got potential, but needs a lot more UI and customization work.
    12-04-09 10:15 AM
    I love it, only facebook chat app I've gotten to work on my Blackberry Curve 8330m. It can be a slow loader, and glitches sometimes, but 1) it's free and 2) it works. Good enough for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 11:08 AM
    I use Nimbuzz for Skype and Facebook chat. I've been using it for more than a year now, but on my Nokia N81.

It also works quite well on my 8520, although I must agree with conker; the BB version is still very rough around the edges.
    12-04-09 11:16 AM
    I installed it on my 8900 and it seems to be working OK. I like the fact that I can use Facebook chat. It crashed on me this morning but for a free app I think it is good. Would like the ability to group my contacts a little better.
    12-04-09 11:19 AM
    I have BeejiveIM and it has been rife with issues that have been around for quite awhile especially memory leaks and battery drain. I went back to using the BlackBerry native clients which are pretty good and very integrated with the messages and contact applications. However, they are multiple clients and the AIM client constantly lost connection for no reason and without any kind of notification.

So far Nimbuzz maintains a stable connection and has had no significant impact on my battery life. It is definitely barebones but if they fix the AutoText and text wrapping issues relatively soon, I think we have a keeper.
    12-04-09 12:01 PM
    One thing I noticed is that in the settings when I had added live, aim, yahoo then went back the next day, it doesn't show what services I setup. However the contacts show so I guess its working. It would be nice to see on the manage screen which services are on or off. Other than that nice free program. Anyone tried webmessenger on the Storm?
    12-04-09 03:21 PM
    I have been playing wit nimbuzz today and it seems stable so far. Myspace chat doesnt work for me though. Anyone got myspace chat working?
    12-05-09 05:23 PM
    how do you even dl it...? ota install just gives you "unable to save", and gives you a .cod file.

does it also support wifi/no data?

Thanks!
    12-06-09 11:11 AM
    Works well for skype and facebook.. I wish the online, busy, or away would actually make my status on facebook not show me being online at all...
    02-22-10 09:36 PM
    Works well for skype and facebook.. I wish the online, busy, or away would actually make my status on facebook not show me being online at all...
    My two complaints are that facebook doesn't seem to like to connect (think it's a bug based on what I have read on their forums) and the lack of an update icon on the top banner like there is for email, SMS, etc.
    08-10-10 08:58 AM
    I have been using it for a little while and it works good for me...so far no problems.
    08-10-10 11:20 AM
    Simple and works great.

Only thing I can't figure out is how to change the volume when I get messaged, anyone know how to up the sound level?
    09-23-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD