What add-on blackberry apps are not needed? Like the "Help" "Maps" and things like that, I am trying to find Apps that I don't need on my Tour, and trying to find how I can speed my boot-up time.
    I am debating removing "Help" and "Password Keeper", but I don't know if it is a bright idea.
    My boot times run from 5 to 6 mins and I don't really have many apps loaded on my phone. I got beWeather, Facebook, Myspace, Google Mobile, but most of these don't load until they are ran except for BeWeather.
    03-25-10 05:00 AM
    IMO I would not remove password keeper. To me this a very useful tool.
    03-25-10 06:14 AM
    I would not remove Password keeper! Thats a very VERY handy app that many people swear by including myself.

all other apps you want to get rid of, whats that going to do? speed up your boot time 0.2 seconds?? not worth deleting your entire phone to try to save half a second of a boot time
    03-25-10 06:43 AM
    Another vote for password keeper i assigned the left convenience key to it and i use it all the time.
    03-25-10 06:49 AM
    I don't use password keeper, but deleting it won't save you any appreciable memory, nor will it speed up your boot time. The Tour boots more slowly than devices with less memory and lower resolution displays, simply because there is more memory to be checked by the internal tests. There might be changes that RIM could make to the OS to speed up booting, but there's not much you can do.
    03-25-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD