I have tried many, but haven't found the right one...
    11-08-12 11:19 PM
    Most people would say it's BerryWeather by Bellshare. I use it and love it. Another one you might want to check out is QuickWeather by Nikkisoft. BerryWeather does go on sale at various times. NikkiSoft - makers of QuickLaunch BlackBerry Shortcuts and App Launcher and Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps. Check them out.
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    11-09-12 05:56 AM
    I would agree that BeWeather by Bellshare is great app. I l use it on my BB 9930. It provides excellent push weather alerts!
    11-09-12 06:17 AM
    ive been a fan of Berryweather and weatherbug since having berrys, both seem pretty accurate in the UK, nice displays and customiseable, also have a shortcut link to metcheck.com on the home screen for longerterm forecasts,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    11-09-12 11:04 AM
    I have used Berry Weather for awhile and I do like it, but it seems to use up a lot of storage! BerryBuzz also does the same thing! Bellshare makes nice apps but they consume a lot!! I am currently using The Weather Channel and now there is no memory drain. It's an accurate weather app, but lacks a few features...

How is that Quickweather by Nikkisoft? Does it consume a lot of storage?
    11-10-12 10:43 AM
    I would have to say BeWeather as well. The GPS based, regularly updated weather in your notification bar is a very nice feature.
    11-10-12 10:56 AM
    Beweather for sure
    11-10-12 11:12 AM
    I just installed QuickWeather. I'm liking it so far! The homescreen widget is really cool! I like having that widget compared to BeWeather's notification icon because when you are in other apps, all you see is a thermometer and no temperature... Pointless to even have that there..

QuickWeather is awesome!
    COPiSEN likes this.
    11-10-12 02:50 PM
    After using QuickWeather for a bit, I noticed it wasn't very accurate.. It was very cold outside and I knew it was colder than what QuickWeather said.. So I checked online and binged weather and it's temperature was much lower in degrees. And I also installed BeWeather and QuickWeather at the same time and it seems BeWeather is much more accurate!

So BeWeather is my forcast right now!
    11-11-12 09:11 PM
    you can try weathertrax from app world. very accurate and is #1 rated weather app ln app world.
    Are you the Jared Co.?

OP, I would take the last suggestion with a grain of salt. A VERY big, blood pressure-through-the-roof grain of salt.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...opying-426861/

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...ng-app-552418/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...red-co-607645/
    11-11-12 11:06 PM
    So after further testing of all these weather apps, they seem to all be about the same in temperature gauging. I had weather trax, BeWeather and QuickWeather all installed at the same time and they all reported the same temperature. So now I just have to decide which one I want to rely on all the time. I think I'm going to go with QuickWeather! I hope this is the right final choice lol
    11-12-12 11:09 AM
    I have bought Beweather and have used many others and still find myself going back to Accuweather every time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 11:24 AM
    raino, take look at the weather category on app world and come back here and tell us which app is at the top with the highest rating. not sure why you felt the need to bring up old posts written by competitors .... unless you are one as well.
    I don't have to be a competitor, bud. Your company's practices are all over this forum. I was just making sure the OP was aware of them. BTW, if I were a competitor, you would have seen me make a suggestion in this thread.

That's all I got to say about this. Don't want to take this thread any more off topic.
    11-12-12 11:27 PM
    "Weather Bug" is also a nice one. Very accurate, but doesn't locate when you move locations until you manually open the app yourself.
    11-13-12 07:13 PM
    I have noticed most of these cool weather apps are fancy and all, but they consume a lot of storage!! I have been using Weather Bug and my internal storage has only dropped a couple megabytes.. compared to 50MB a day consumed by BeWeather and Quickweather.. They constantly refresh all day and take up a lot of storage!

So right now Weather Bug is working the best for me! I think I finally found my weather app!
    11-14-12 02:46 PM
    I have noticed most of these cool weather apps are fancy and all, but they consume a lot of storage!! I have been using Weather Bug and my internal storage has only dropped a couple megabytes.. compared to 50MB a day consumed by BeWeather and Quickweather.. They constantly refresh all day and take up a lot of storage!
    Rubbish!
    BeWeather is a 1.3MB app, and that's all the internal storage it will ever take up... and they only refresh as often as you set them, which takes up NO storage!
    11-14-12 04:27 PM
    Rubbish!
    BeWeather is a 1.3MB app, and that's all the internal storage it will ever take up... and they only refresh as often as you set them, which takes up NO storage!
    I don't know what "rubbish" is but I have found this out through experience with that app. It is 1.3 MB storage. But it uses up the RAM because it's constantly refreshing and eating up memory. I have used many apps and tested them and this one uses a lot of storage. I installed Weather Bug and I have barely had any storage drop. Yes BeWeather is a cool app, but it takes a lot to use.
    11-14-12 04:39 PM
    I have also used BeBuzz which is made by the same developer and it also uses a chunk of RAM! They have done many updates to try and fix the issue but it hasn't changed.. I would have to restart my phone once a day because of these apps. I uninstalled them and now have no problem with storage.
    11-14-12 04:43 PM
    I don't know what "rubbish" is but I have found this out through experience with that app. It is 1.3 MB storage. But it uses up the RAM because it's constantly refreshing and eating up memory. I have used many apps and tested them and this one uses a lot of storage. I installed Weather Bug and I have barely had any storage drop. Yes BeWeather is a cool app, but it takes a lot to use.
    Rubbish is English for garbage.
    I've used BerryWeather since the day it released, on every one of my BB's, and have never had any memory issues.
    It's not constantly refreshing, just when you set it to, and even then it only uses data and CPU... not memory. It will never use any more storage than it's 1.3MB physical size.

11-14-12 05:14 PM
    I have been using it for awhile now too. For some reason after uninstalling BeWeather there is no memory leak on my 9930 where I would eventually have to restart my phone due to no RAM storage remaining.. Now that I don't have BeWeather installed, my storage stays between 80-90 MB of overall storage. Even with heavy usage with other apps. When I was using BeWeather I had about 5 different locations saved and it would update every 30 minutes automatically. So maybe it's because I had so much and so frequent.
    11-14-12 05:44 PM
    I've tried them all and Beweather is my all time favorite. It's accurate, customizable and visually awesome. I use the lbs location setting so it updates the weather depending on where I am and I have it set to refresh every 30 min. It doesn't use hardly any cpu at all and at 1.3 mb, it's relatively small in size.
    11-14-12 05:58 PM
    So I reinstalled BeWeather and changed the networking to BIS-B. Maybe that will make a difference.. I don't know why but before when I had BeBuzz and BeWeather both installed, my memory would drop about 20 MB an hour! So uninstalled both of those apps and just reinstalled BeWeather and it hasn't had a memory leak yet. So we shall see how it goes. I'm just tired of the memory leak!! I don't even know what causes it.. I thought it was these certain apps, but I guess not..
    11-14-12 06:22 PM
    After installing BeWeather a couple hours ago, my storage has already dropped 15MB! It only does this when BeWeather is installed. I have done so many tests and my conclusion is that BeWeather uses a lot of memory due to constantly updating and not recycling memory storage. I see that in one menu it explains it uses the BIS, internet browser, and that would explain why it's using so much storage. Because I checked how much memory my browser is using and it matches up with how much storage space has lessened since I installed BeWeather and rebooted. I haven't used my browser since I rebooted so why would it take up so many MB?! So basically it uses the Browser to get data and doesn't close out so it constantly builds and takes up storage space! I only have 90MB free, so at this rate I would have to restart in a couple hours..

Weather Bug it is!
    11-14-12 08:21 PM
    You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, but I'm not going to explain or argue anymore... enjoy WB
    11-14-12 08:29 PM
    I'm just stating what I'm experiencing. All day today with a fresh reboot in the morning and Weather Bug installed, my storage only dropped a MB or two. But as soon as I uninstalled Weather Bug and installed BeWeather, my storage dropped 15MB within 2 hours! I'm not sure how or why that happens, but the only explanation is BeWeather.
    11-14-12 08:46 PM
30 12