I am looking for a weather app that can give local temps and something that has a good weather radar. It would be nice if the radar would have motion. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:39 PM
    try WeatherBug ... it's free
    01-29-09 09:08 PM
    I really like weatherbug as well, but I can never get the radar to work that well, or it's real slow.
    01-29-09 10:30 PM
    Isn't it really buggy though?

01-29-09 11:39 PM
    Weatherbug works relatively well, but it made my Storm pretty laggy...
    01-29-09 11:41 PM
    Weathereye is a great one. It doesn't have radar, but its a very solid, free app. Doesn't seem to take up much memory either, which is a big plus.
    01-29-09 11:54 PM
    Isn't it really buggy though?

I think the first versions were pretty wonky, especially with the Storm's early OS's, but I have been really happy with it and have not noticed any major problems. I love just looking at my home screen and seeing the current temp and forecasted hi and lo for the day right in the icon. Don't even have to open it! One of the best looking apps for the Storm right now IMHO.
    01-30-09 12:03 AM
    Weathereye is a great one. It doesn't have radar, but its a very solid, free app. Doesn't seem to take up much memory either, which is a big plus.
    That's cool. Where did you pick it up at?

01-30-09 08:40 AM
    Viigo has a weather feed and doesn't have the memory leak and bug issues as Weather Bug. Plus it is has a bunch of other features...
    01-30-09 08:45 AM
    Viigo has a weather feed and doesn't have the memory leak and bug issues as Weather Bug. Plus it is has a bunch of other features...

Weatherbug runs perfectly (with no "memory leak") as long as you disable the my location feature.

Viigo is still clunky on the storm (with more than a few bugs)
    01-30-09 09:00 AM
    Weatherbug runs perfectly (with no "memory leak") as long as you disable the my location feature.
    Not true...check your sources...
    01-30-09 09:10 AM
    I too like the weather feed in Viigo, except Viigo seems to have a pretty big memory leak (I'm running a "private" beta) and it also doesn't show the icon on the main screen.
    01-30-09 09:42 AM
    No leaks here.
    01-30-09 09:51 AM
    Using weather bug with my locations on .75 no mem leaks here works fine
    01-30-09 10:10 AM
    Ive used weathereye since my 7520 days. It works very well. Ive honestly never had any issues with it.

check it out WeatherEye OTA
    01-30-09 11:38 AM
    Weatherbug is nice, but it does have problems. My phone goes to sleep in my Seidio holster, and every time I pull it out it says "Updating". I have to go into the app, change the screen from Weather Conditions to long-range forecast, before it will update.

Even when the phone is out of the holster, I have to go through this same routine every time. Frankly, it's getting old. Hopefully, there will be an update soon.

BTW, it does consume memory.

Still running .75 on my Storm.
    01-30-09 11:56 AM
    Here's the more direct link. However, I uninstalled it right away. It's not very compatible with the Storm.

check it out WeatherEye OTA
    Last edited by onlineaddy; 01-30-09 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Storm compatibility
    01-30-09 12:05 PM
    I don't even use a weather app. (3rd party apps seem to give me grief. )
    I found a site I like that's fast and to the point. Go to NOAA, put in your zip, then once at your weather page it marks latitude and longitude. Bookmark that page. Next time you want weather just launch your browser, hit the bookmark, and you have instant current weather without all the ads and bloatware that overload a lot of other weather sites. Gives a nice 5 day summary with images, 7 day detailed forecast, any severe weather alerts, and local + national radar, including animated, etc.
    01-30-09 01:54 PM
    I found a site I like that's fast and to the point. Go to NOAA, put in your zip, then once at your weather page it marks latitude and longitude. Bookmark that page. Next time you want weather just launch your browser, hit the bookmark, and you have instant current weather without all the ads and bloatware that overload a lot of other weather sites. Gives a nice 5 day summary with images, 7 day detailed forecast, any severe weather alerts, and local + national radar, including animated, etc.
    I do the same thing with Yahoo! Weather. Been using that for so long it's hard to transition
    01-30-09 01:57 PM
    Weatherbug here and no problems so far (after 2 weeks)...
    01-30-09 02:30 PM
    Anyone know if Weather eye plans on a full screen app instead of the small window on the Storm..... also

I would love to have full screen radar app........ overlay with google maps ya buddy!!!
    01-30-09 02:42 PM
    So far weathereye is horribly incompatible with Storm ... it works OK on compatibility mode but if you disable it then none of the program features show up. Only the icon showing the weather on the icon list (similar to weatherbug) shows up.

Weather-eye seems like a good app, hopefully they'll optimize it for the Storm in the next 6 months-1 year.
    01-30-09 02:57 PM
    I've got news for you: you do not get current weather on that site. I've used it for years, and it updates hourly. Right under current conditions, you should see something similar to this...

Albuquerque Intl Airport
    Lat: 35.05 Lon: -106.62 Elev: 5310
    Last Update on Jan 30, 2:56 pm MST

The current time here in Albuquerque is 3:25 PM
    01-30-09 04:26 PM
    WB has no issues now. Just disable to location on startup and it works quite fast.

The only change I would like is for the home screen ICON to show current temp instead of HI/LO forecast.
    01-30-09 05:02 PM
    You may want to check YOUR sources. I've had WeatherBug since it was first released in Beta. It has been a journey, but the final release that is out is definitely stable and no significant memory leaks.

And ..... my Governor is Austrian!!!
    01-30-09 06:08 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD