I have been putting this off for too long now but with the imminent launch of the Bold I can delay no longer. My GF is finally ditching her iPhone and joining everyone else in the BB world. She loves the BB for everything except for it's map application and I'm afraid that this will impact negatively on her first impression. I'll admit that the iPhone seems to have the BB beat in this department. I'm turning to the forums for some help as I never use a map nor ask for directions. I need a simple solution.

What is the best map application to use?
    Are they compatable with universal search?
    How do people get directions with their BB?
    Can you link to a map from an address in an eMail?

Thank in advance for any help.
    08-05-11 03:51 PM
    Google Maps?
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-05-11 06:33 PM
    I find BB Maps the best for navigational instructions. But google maps is more detailed.
    Having them both is best.
    08-05-11 07:00 PM
    I use them both.

Good Luck
    08-05-11 11:21 PM
    Google Maps. I'm really unhappy that BB are going with Bing for the new maps on the Bold 9900/9930 .
    08-05-11 11:24 PM
    Map applications on BB just don't measure up to the iPhone or Droid experience. That said, BB map applications are still very nice. Check out Life In Pocket for free turn by turn drive directions. I also use both BB Maps and Google Maps. I hate Bing but Bing maps is surprisingly good.
    08-06-11 12:16 AM
    i use google maps! love it!
    08-06-11 12:40 AM
    +1 for Google Maps... it's nice that you can trace routes on a PC for later use on your phone if needed...
    08-06-11 12:59 AM
    Google maps is the only one I use. Never really bothered to use the BlackBerry Map service. Gotta love Google lol
    08-06-11 01:14 AM
    I used to like Google Maps better, but the font they use for street names is too da*n small to read!
    Just Me likes this.
    08-06-11 11:49 PM
    I use Telenav which gives voice directions. Only draw back is the $10/mo but it sure helps with the job.
    08-07-11 02:01 AM
    I use a combination of BlackBerry Traffic, BlackBerry Maps, and Google Maps. BlackBerry Traffic is great for areas you are familiar with, especially in urban areas, because traffic conditions are almost always up to date and the ETA is deadly accurate. However, it does not provide a map view and this can get confusing where specific types of turns or ramps do not show correctly. For unfamiliar territory, I use BlackBerry Maps. Google Maps is my fallback when BB Maps won't provide a satisfactory route or I need some function specific to Google (e.g., satellite view).
    Just Me likes this.
    08-07-11 02:06 AM
    I downloaded "Mapulous" from GiveMeApps.com last night! Great app!
    Just Me likes this.
    08-07-11 03:50 PM
    I use Google Maps. Always have, always will (assuming nothing better comes out for Blackberry).
    Just Me likes this.
    08-07-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD