Hi,

I'm a former 9000 bold user while in Asia, but went with iPhone 4 after returning to the USA as my unlocked bold 9000 would not work with AT&T (something was inconpatible with even after firmware upgrades).

My significant other is in Singapore using a Sony Er C902 (old school) phone. ebuddy makes her old phone battery die in 2 hrs (hahaha).

International SMS is costing me more than $300 a month in sms costs alone. She and I decided to go with BB or she get an iphone and we use yahoo. Her sisters in other countries have BB too, so we are leaning towards BB.

I'm considering to get a 9780 as all my fav BB apps will work fine on it, but I would miss that large iPhone screen though. so I was thinking to go with the 9800, but heard many apps do not yet work for it. What I would like to use are these apps:

Ubertwitter
    Facebook
    Yahoo (for use with friends not on BB)
    FourSquare
    any decent sudoku game.

If i can get these apps, I will be happy. Is it an issue with the apps not being updated for BB 6 or because of the new screen size? I do not want some app that forces me to use touchscreen keyboard (i've been suffering with that with iphone...).

I read that Foursquare has been updated for 9800. Will the other apps work fullscreen on 9800? If no, is it safe to assume they will soon? I m not a fan of Facebook mobile web (iphone's FB app was gold). I would love to have ubertwitter back for sure.

Also, what is this "wobble" thing i hearing. is it really that bad a deal? While there is a wobble, none have actually broke, yes?

actually, I do love bb, i'm not a media-****, so i not mind the lower resolution really. I have iPad for the rest, and iphone 4 can work on wifi without sim.

if i can know the deal on software for 9800 (what 3rd party apps i mentioned work full screen vs not at all etc), i would be happy.

thanks in advance!
    11-12-10 11:30 AM
    I use ubertwitter for BB. I really like the app. Facebook for BB works the best of any platform I've used (I haven't tried iphone) but it doesn't do FB chat. I don't use yahoo, so no comment there. 4square works great - no complaints here.
    Dunno about sudoku but there are probably some out there. If I had time to play puzzles, I'd look into it
    11-12-10 11:52 AM
    That sounds great! I never use FB chat anyway

My friend's biggest worry is no radio. I told her to just stream the radio station from it's website.

she had no idea that was possible hehehe.

my thumbs really miss the BB keyboard.... I heard the 9800 keyboard is same as the 9700?
    11-12-10 11:56 AM
    Lots of people have had complaints that it's not the same, or they don't like the feel of it. I didn't have any issues going from my bold to the torch. And yeah, no FM radio sucks, but meh, streaming works like you said
    11-12-10 12:44 PM
    Ubertwitter
    Facebook
    Yahoo (for use with friends not on BB)
    FourSquare
    any decent sudoku game.

all that you mentioned should be listed on AppWorld
    11-12-10 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD