I was charging my Storm by plugging it into the USB port on my computer. I stepped out of the room and received a call that went to voice mail. When I noticed that the Visual Voice Mail indicator was on I tried to retrieve the voice mail but kept getting a message that the message could not be retrieved and to call customer service if it persists.

I unplugged the phone to leave and decided before calling Verizon, I would try the Visual Voice Mail again. This time it worked fine. So I plugged it back into the USB and it couldn't retrieve the visual voice mail again.

Strange behavior. Anyone else have this?
    04-09-09 04:57 PM
    Sounds similar to the situation where you cannot access files stored on the memory- card or internal, when connected to a PC because they are locked out for that purpose (access from the PC).

Since the voicemail is downloaded to the Storm for playback, it would make sense that you cannot access it when connected to a PC since its in the "same" memory. However, I would expect that memory to be logically separated, so it could be a bug?
    04-09-09 05:35 PM
    What voicemail gets downloaded to storm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:49 PM
    Your Storm was probably in mass storage mode since it was plugged into a computer.
    04-09-09 06:44 PM
    Same thing happen to me. No sure why and I've recieved vm's since it happened.
    04-09-09 06:48 PM
    Your Storm was probably in mass storage mode since it was plugged into a computer.
    It was, but why would that make a difference?
    04-09-09 08:54 PM
    It was, but why would that make a difference?
    Because when your Storm is in mass storage mode, the device does not have access to the sd card and maybe certain other parts of the memory (since two drives come up on the PC...).
    04-09-09 09:04 PM
    Because when your Storm is in mass storage mode, the device does not have access to the sd card and maybe certain other parts of the memory (since two drives come up on the PC...).

Correct, if you have Mass Storage Mode enabled when you connect to your PC then Windows assigns it 2 drive letters and takes over ownership of the file systems (one drive letter for the SD card, te other for your 1 gb internal flash). VVM does actually copy the message onto the Storm. It goes into the 1 gb of flash memory. It does not go on the SD card. (This was verified by me using BB File Scout.) Either way, while connected to your PC your Storm's OS has turned over control of the file systems to the PC and cannot write to them.
    04-10-09 03:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD