So I loaded up DM 5.1 and the new BlackBerry Media Sync. Even got the little shortcut icon to prove it.

I currently have loaded-

OS 5.328-
    Edocrab
    Score Mobile
    Where
    BBM 5.0
    CNN
    WeatherBug
    AppWorld
    Facebook
    BB Maps

1- I noticed that my application memory is usually shot by the end of the day (which seems to be okay as the phone is running well.

2- No more flick scrolling in FB app

3-I dont think I have more then 2MB of room left for applications, is this possible?

4- My phone wont connect to the new BB Media Sync the phone doesn't seem to go into Massive Storage Mode even when I change that setting to prompt or yes.

5- Using the media button in the DM and it doesnt see the phone.

6- Managing the apps on the DM it says I have 46.5MB of application memory, but the app world says I have 2.46?

Thanks all you BB wizards.

6-
    12-02-09 09:33 AM
    bump since I am totally lost.
    12-02-09 01:09 PM
    I too would love to hear an explanation to this. I have been trying to understand how the memory is affected. Best I have been told it that application storage and running both use the same application memory. But based on the amount of programs installed I don't understand how some people claim 30-50 meg of application memory.
    12-02-09 02:22 PM
    By shrinking the OS before you load it onto the phone you can get 30-50mb, depending on how many apps you have installed.
    12-02-09 03:23 PM
    So I loaded up DM 5.1 and the new BlackBerry Media Sync. Even got the little shortcut icon to prove it.

I currently have loaded-

OS 5.328-
    Edocrab
    Score Mobile
    Where
    BBM 5.0
    CNN
    WeatherBug
    AppWorld
    Facebook
    BB Maps

1- I noticed that my application memory is usually shot by the end of the day (which seems to be okay as the phone is running well.

2- No more flick scrolling in FB app

3-I dont think I have more then 2MB of room left for applications, is this possible?

4- My phone wont connect to the new BB Media Sync the phone doesn't seem to go into Massive Storage Mode even when I change that setting to prompt or yes.

5- Using the media button in the DM and it doesnt see the phone.

6- Managing the apps on the DM it says I have 46.5MB of application memory, but the app world says I have 2.46?

Thanks all you BB wizards.

6-
    To see how much app memory you have go to options> memory. Have you done a battery pull?

I don't know why it wouldn't see the phone, but what exactly do you use media sync for?
    12-02-09 03:26 PM
    I hae no idea what I would use media sync for. They released it so I figured I would give it a shot. I have lots of MP3 on the media card so I thought maybe it was an easy way to get to them, instead of the incredibly slow Roxio interface.
    12-04-09 10:20 AM
    You could just use the windows explorer to access your music and such on the memory card. And as stated, people get the higher memory from shrinking the OS before installing it. I have 30MB right now after shrinking and installing all my apps. (And the apps installed use both the app memory to install and then to run, which is why your memory drops)
    12-04-09 11:16 AM
    By shrinking the OS before you load it onto the phone you can get 30-50mb, depending on how many apps you have installed.
    Exactly. I'm currently at 51.1MB free.
    12-04-09 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD