I've had this app for ages and I've always been happy with it.

Now for the last few days the icon won't change to one of the "weather-y" ones. i.e. It's either a sunshine icon, cloud icon, the moon for at night, etc. You get the picture. Now it's just plain icon and I can't figure out what the problem is and wondered if anyone else has this problem.

The only thing I did differently over the last week was change location while I was temporarily away from home. I've changed it back, did a quick pull, an actual battery pull, etc.

It was free so I'll live but da*m, I liked this app til now.

The rest of the functions work...........when I click into the app itself, it's fine on the current and future forecast but on the current screen the icon itself still won't update.
    08-19-09 07:43 PM
    Remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace, see if this helps...
    08-19-09 07:47 PM
    I've done that and it doesn't help, but thanks.
    08-19-09 07:54 PM
    I liked WeatherEye too, it's great for a free application. I use BerryWeather, it's a pay application, but worth every penny, it's the best of the weather applications in my opinion. You could also try deleting and reinstalling the application...
    08-19-09 07:57 PM
    I've tried weathereye but didn't like it, I've been using WeatherBug Direct for some time now and just love it. Haven't had any issues with it at all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:33 PM
    Another argument for Berry Weather...recent server issue appear to have been addressed. As with any weather update service, each is only as good as the sources from which the information is derived.
    08-19-09 09:54 PM
    I was having problems with mine earlier so I adjusted the time interval for when it updates and rebooted.
    08-19-09 10:15 PM
    I've tried weathereye but didn't like it, I've been using WeatherBug Direct for some time now and just love it. Haven't had any issues with it at all!

Good point. Weather bug updates every 15 min as opposed to 30 with weather eye. The bug has been doing it with very accurate forecast. I have used both and would debate on this issue. Here is a little info on da bug
    BlackBerry Storm iLT
    08-19-09 10:22 PM
    It has been acting pretty weird for me as well! Tried battery pulls and everything!

08-19-09 10:29 PM
    had issues with weather eye also so dumped it for weather bug. no issues yet
    08-19-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD