Weatherbug elite version is 2.0.0.61 on a BB Bold 9700 running operating version 6. Previously the same install of weatherbug had worked on version 5 of bold 9700 after weatherbug fix for same issue with wi-fi not working correctly. Since upgrade, the motion radar jams the phone sometimes causing re-boot to get out of app. IF I have wi-fi on phone turned off, the motion radar works fine on the network. It is only when on wi-fi that there is a problem.

I have un-installed and re-installed. No change.

I have tried to turn off the wi-fi use at the application level, but it also turns off all types of communication. there is no way to select turning off wi-fi only, or maybe some one knows what I am doing wrong?

Sure, I can turn off wi-fi on phone, but I want wi-fi to be on, plus it is a pain to do this when using smart wi-fi. It just turns back on.

I have written to weatherbug. According to them it is my issue, or BB issue. I have been down this road before for same issue when I switched to BB operating system 5. Then it was a weatherbug issue. this time, same problem as that but they say it is on my end.
    06-07-11 07:21 PM
    WB elite is not totally compatible with OS 6. Radar doesn't work for me either. I emailed the WB help and this is what they told me.

"At this time we are not fully compatible with all the Bolds running OS 6. The engineers are working on making the app compatible on other OS 6 devices but I do not have a time frame for when it will be done."

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 10:11 PM
    Thanks. Maybe they did not know about the problem when I wrote to them. It is the way it works for me with weatherbug. they will probably fix the OS 6 issues about the time I go to OS 7 and then it will start again.
    08-01-11 06:24 PM
    Lol same here!! I'm gonna get the 9900 in November. But hopefully the 9900 will be able to use the torch version:

WeatherBug For Blackberry

08-01-11 06:50 PM
    Is November the new date for release of 9900? As of a day or so ago, my dealers have no news of release dates.
    08-01-11 06:55 PM
    No, November is just when my contract is up So far it sounds like the release date could be anywhere between August and October.

Edit: And btw those prospective dates came from discussions in the 9900 Forum. I'm just repeating what other people are guessing lol.

Last edited by mewjet18; 08-01-11 at 09:46 PM.
    08-01-11 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD