Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default weatherBug Elite activation code...how do I get the activation code?

i had to have my Tour replaced a couple days ago....under Blackberry App world, I downloaded and brought the WeatherBug Elite.....

when I got my new Tour, downloaded everything back into the phone, weather bug is asking me for a activation code, where do I get this new activation code??

I tried to write support a couple days ago, and they have yet to write back....do you guys have any clue how to get a activation code?

thank u
    Current Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

Future Device: Droid Bionic 4G!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

I've been trying for 3 days to get a new activation code for my replacement. Seems that once they get your money, they forget about you. Their CS sux!
    Current OS: Officially Unofficial!
    Follow me on Twitter : Chris Coleman

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoleman View Post
    I've been trying for 3 days to get a new activation code for my replacement. Seems that once they get your money, they forget about you. Their CS sux!
    seriously, I'm just about to ask for a refund, get my money back and never pay for anythign on blackberry app world again... 2 days and still waiting for someone to get back to me

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    789 Global Posts

That's crap right there. I'd ask for my money back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Interesting...... within 5 minutes of making this post, I got an email from weatherbug with my activation code. Coincidence?

Sometimes, all it takes is a post here.... lol

Good luck in getting yours...

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Interesting...... within 5 minutes of making this post, I got an email from weatherbug with my activation code. Coincidence?

Sometimes, all it takes is a post here.... lol

Good luck in getting yours...
    lol looks like Im gonna have to wait one more day then for my code since you got yours on the 3rd day

CrackBerry Abuser

im still waitin on mine and it has been a week.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Have you guys tried to open App world and then click the My world button on the bottom. Click that and it should show the apps that you have downloaded or purchased. if elite is there it should show you the key
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

I'm not sure if the code works the same way on weatherbug as it does for quicklaunch but if you got it through app world go to your "My World" then in the list select weatherbug and above the bar to run the program there is a license number which is the activation code. Might not be the same for all apps but it's worth a shot.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I also found that if you open My world and it shows no dowloads, try clicking the BB button and chose sign in. (Pay Pal acct.) That should show the apps that you have purchased
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by db306 View Post
    Have you guys tried to open App world and then click the My world button on the bottom. Click that and it should show the apps that you have downloaded or purchased. if elite is there it should show you the key
    It does in fact, show a key. The same key for the "old" device. It wouldn't work although I went through the key change process with blackberry app world. The software doesn't update your keys when they change your PIN. Call it a bug or lack of planning, but it needs to be fixed.

Good response though, most probably wouldn't know to look there.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It does in fact, show a key. The same key for the "old" device. It wouldn't work although I went through the key change process with blackberry app world. The software doesn't update your keys when they change your PIN. Call it a bug or lack of planning, but it needs to be fixed.

Good response though, most probably wouldn't know to look there.
    No problem. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    PIN
    3056a944

dude same **** here weatherbug hasn't replied back.... wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

The license key is alpha numeric, but I only can enter numbers in the activation code box for WB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    31102E9

just reinstall weatherbug elite back onto my tour and im trying to login to blackberry app world to retrieve my activation code, but i get an erro message saying that there are server errors or whatever. please help me
    To Check Out my Site, Please follow the link Daniels Design or to become a beta tester feel free to contact me, using the contact page on my site or by bbm.
    CrackBerry User

Thumbs up Great Advice!

Quote Originally Posted by db306 View Post
    Worked like a charm. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default weatherbug elite code

i downloaded the weatherbug elite and i never recieved my activation code someone help

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by keenevb View Post
    i downloaded the weatherbug elite and i never recieved my activation code someone help
    when you go into Blackberry app world under all ur apps u installed, click on weatherbug that u downloaded... the license Key number is ur activation code

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mjbesen310 View Post
    when you go into Blackberry app world under all ur apps u installed, click on weatherbug that u downloaded... the license Key number is ur activation code
    when you change devices, that code is no longer valid . . . i sent them an email and am still waiting for an answer . . . probably will never buy from app world again . . . my purchased apps from crackberry updated within minutes.

Global Posts
    5,352 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Quote Originally Posted by markubig View Post
    when you change devices, that code is no longer valid . . . i sent them an email and am still waiting for an answer .
    that is correct. It took me almost a week one time before app world rep got back to me through an e-mail to change my activation code when I got a new phone. I'm the same way, I do NOT buy from app world if I don't have too. I dont even care to have app world on my phone anymore. There customer service is horrible

CrackBerry Newbie

Just received my Storm insurance replacement yesterday and was worried based on some of the posts when it came to retrieving the activation code to WB Elite.

However, I have to say that I was extremely surprised. I used my "my world" sign in to retrieve the applications I have downloaded through AppWorld, and as mentioned in some posts before - the activation code was no longer there. I then hit the blackberry button, and scrolled down to "contact support." Since I read some of the negative feedback on this forum, I did include as much information as possible in the subject line i.e.: "cannot locate activation code for Weatherbug Elite to install on my insurance replacement device." I also included maybe a sentence or two in the body that basically reiterated the subject line.

I received a request for my new device's pin within 5 minutes, and after sending on that information, received my activation code within another couple of minutes. Like I said, based on what I had read previously, I was very pleasantly surprised.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Where do you find the activation code?

I just downloaded weatherbug elite for the first time and when
    It downloaded it asked for the activation code. My receipts from both
    Pay pal anD app world were emailed to me but the confirmation
    Number is to big to fit there. Do the email. It to you or what?
    Please help.. This is the first time this jas happened to me and I have
    Purchased many apps from bb App worlD..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    5,609 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robind21283 View Post
    The license key is alpha numeric, but I only can enter numbers in the activation code box for WB.
    what I found when entering my act. code in the box, it is set up already for numbers so when you want a letter, press your Alt key first and you can enter a letter.
    BLACKBERRY Q10 on OS 10.2.1.1055 and Playbook 64GB
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry weatherbug elite

Bought the app as well.... still no replies from anyone about my activation code after several e-mails. Not real happy about it
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Get Weatherbug Elite activation code

Go to Blackberry Appworld on phone,
    go to My World
    click on Weatherbug Elite app
    right above Run there is a License number, that is your Activation Code
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast