Sorry think i posted in wrong area first, and didn't know how to delete the post. I'm new to the BB thing and I've searched a lot but can't find the answer i'm looking for. I need to know .....Do apps like Weatherbug use data all the time even if you exit out of the app? I was turning my data services off afraid of going over my usage because of running apps. But then i can't get my mms texts. I have the 200 MB package from At&t and don't want more than that simply because of an app running all the time in the background. I'm specifically concerned about weatherbug as i know it will send an alert sound even when app isn't open.
    08-09-10 08:44 PM
    If the app actually has a "close" option then no it will not. Many apps on smartphones (not just BBs) just go into the background when you hit the ESC or END key. Will you use a total of 200MB a month? Probably not unless you stream music or video etc. I don't break 75MB these days using BerryWeather updating every 45 mins, general surfing, FB, Twitter, BBM, MMS and email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-10 08:51 PM
    Thank you. That's what i needed to know.
    08-10-10 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD