OK -

So I downloaded the weatherbug app no probs and installed. Then had it try to use my GPS location for it service. Never worked was stuck on "locating" forever. Couldn't even modify it for a manual location.

So I uninstalled - rebooted and reinstalled. Now the application is at the part when it is asking me if it should use the GPS - "yes or no" but the keyboard is covering half the screen. And I cannot use or hide the keyboard. Only the yes part of the app is showing and it will not take my click.

I uninstalled again - rebooted and removed battey. Reinstalled and the keyboard is there again - blocking me !

Any ideas !?!
    04-11-09 07:49 AM
    turn off compatibility mode.
    04-11-09 08:00 AM
    What version of weatherbug are you using? Did you download it from app world? I had the same problem with a previous version on meant for storms. Updating to the correct version will fix it

If not like kcpaynev1's said, try the compatibility mode.
    04-11-09 08:11 AM
    Yeah the new version does that for some reason. I had to do the same thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-09 08:37 AM
    It seems that most apps from the app world download in compatibility mode. You must turn it off for apps that are compatible with the storm.
    04-11-09 08:53 AM
    same problem here.
    04-11-09 03:50 PM
    I'm using version 1.0.0.10 and everything works fine for me. Its definitely compatibility mode though...
    04-11-09 05:28 PM
    Make sure you have BB maps installed or the GPS won't work correctly.

04-11-09 06:00 PM
    I don't see Weatherbug available from APP world. I am downloading and installing it from here - blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

Still doesnt work right ... sigh ...
    04-12-09 08:31 AM
    I don't see Weatherbug available from APP world. I am downloading and installing it from here - blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

Still doesnt work right ... sigh ...
    That might be your problem right there. The link you are using is only for the storm, according to your profile, you say that your device is an 8830. You need to download the version that works for the rest of the BB series.

04-12-09 10:57 AM
    Sorry ... gotta change my profile ... I am using a storm now.

That link is right from weatherbug (so should be latest ) and I still cannot get this thing to work !?!
    04-12-09 11:09 AM
    The link that you are using hasn't been updated to the latest version of WB. The latest version is 1.0.0.106 and the link gives you 1.0.0.10. As for finding it in app world, it is located under the News & Weather Category or you can just do a search for WeatherBug.

04-12-09 11:21 AM
    Thanks I downloaded it from app world (I didnt know there was a search and catagory thing - I was always in the 'featured apps' screen).

Installed it and same thing. It is asking me enable my location yes / no - but I cannot even see the no because the d*mn keyboard is up and will not go away. I can highlight 'yes' but not activate it. The keyboard is in the way in portrait mode and the screen will not flip horizontally.

annoyning as ****. I am still stuck!
    04-12-09 12:23 PM
    The same thing happened to me & this is my 1st BB storm, how do you turn off compatability?
    04-12-09 12:43 PM
    The same thing happened to me & this is my 1st BB storm, how do you turn off compatability?
    Options -> Advanced -> Applications

Look for Weatherbug, BB Button -> Disable compatibility mode.
    04-12-09 04:50 PM
    Thanks I downloaded it from app world (I didnt know there was a search and catagory thing - I was always in the 'featured apps' screen).

Installed it and same thing. It is asking me enable my location yes / no - but I cannot even see the no because the d*mn keyboard is up and will not go away. I can highlight 'yes' but not activate it. The keyboard is in the way in portrait mode and the screen will not flip horizontally.

annoyning as ****. I am still stuck!
    Did you try deleting the WB app that is currently on your device and doing a battery. Then install the .274 version of WB and disable compatibility mode after installation. Now when you open the app for the first time it shouldn't have the keyboard in the way.

04-12-09 05:37 PM
    app World? As is the new BB App World? I dont see it.
    04-16-09 07:10 PM
    app World? As is the new BB App World? I dont see it.
    You can get app world from BlackBerry App World. Then go to the News & Weather Category to download weatherbug.

04-16-09 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD