Hey everyone i just got my storm the other day and i was wondering if there was a pace to download the WeatherBug app? i have been searching the forums and looking everywhere please help.
    02-09-09 09:41 AM
    It is in the most popular app thread... under 3rd part apps link...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...thread-107305/
    02-09-09 09:46 AM
    I am new to this forum, but after i installed weatherbug on my 9530 my battery life went from wonderful to 7.5 hrs of standby.

I returned the 9530 to Verizon and got a brand new phone. (was under 30 days)

The only app that was installed on the 9530 while i had it was weatherbug.

maybe coincidence but who knows?
    02-09-09 09:50 AM
    02-09-09 10:24 AM
    I am new to this forum, but after i installed weatherbug on my 9530 my battery life went from wonderful to 7.5 hrs of standby.

Search for weatherbug threads for more setup tips. If you have gps setting enabled in weatherbug, it has the potential to affect battery life by polling the sattelites for location updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 10:36 AM

I have been running the weatherbug app for over a month with no problems. My storm has always had poor battery life when I use it often, but as for standby (and no use) it can go for over 2 days with weatherbug running.

Don't think the app is the problem unless you changed the default settings and told it to update in real time or something.
    02-09-09 10:37 AM
    I installed weatherbug with that link and when i first open it my storm locks up and i have to power it off and back on in order to do anything. Then its running but i cant open it. I tried a battery pull and still got nothing. Any ideas?
    02-09-09 10:45 AM
    Wow I haven't experienced that. First I would try disabling compatability mode in device options>applications>weatherbug>BB key.

Second choice would be delete and reinstall. Mine was a little buggy and reinstall helped.

Good luck!

02-09-09 10:59 AM
    I have been running the weatherbug app for over a month with no problems. My storm has always had poor battery life when I use it often, but as for standby (and no use) it can go for over 2 days with weatherbug running.

Don't think the app is the problem unless you changed the default settings and told it to update in real time or something.
    Ok so here is the noobisness <sp?> showing. with my original 9530 i downloaded the weatherbug app and never ran it. it just sat in my downloads folder and I never moved it to the desktop. After i downloaded it is when i started to see the battery problem. So i guess it may not have been the weatherbug app that affected the battery.

just got the new 9530 replacement yesterday and charged it for 8 hrs. It is still on the same charge and it hasnt even moved from full. a dozen calls and a 15 minute pull from comcast is all that is has been used for.

This battery is well over 24 hours now without a charge.

May have been a defective phone after all.
    02-09-09 11:00 AM
    I downloaded this yesterday and I love it. Works great. And the first thing I did was turn off automatic update using GPS. I am really waiting for Weather Eye to make a version for the Storm.
    02-09-09 11:09 AM
    So i tried to reinstall multiple times, battery pulls, enabling and disabling compatability mode, downloaded from multiple places and it still will not open up. I have no idea what to do
    02-09-09 11:19 AM
    I would give up for now

Too much work which seems to be isolated to your device. Maybe some combo of software is conflicting. Just like any software the variables are enormous.

02-09-09 11:24 AM
    I installed weatherbug with that link and when i first open it my storm locks up and i have to power it off and back on in order to do anything. Then its running but i cant open it. I tried a battery pull and still got nothing. Any ideas?
    I too am experiencing this issue. I tried it last week with a few un/re installs and bat pulls before I gave up. Kept meaning to post about it but forgot. I'm running .75 and have only ever had that version loaded.
    02-09-09 11:47 AM
    I have .99 loaded up along with buzzme, vymail and talklock. I gave up as well.
    02-09-09 11:57 AM
    Weatherbug is not compatible with .99 I am downgrading so I can get it back.
    02-09-09 12:49 PM
    I have .99 and no issues with weatherbug whatsoever. I thought it was causing a battery drain, but I was wrong. I've had it loaded for several updates now though...
    02-09-09 12:55 PM
    I am also running weatherbug on .99 with no issues.

For those with issues there are two common problems.

1. Check and make sure you have the compatibility mode turned off.

2. Make sure that you have BlackBerry Maps installed (WeatherBug will NOT run without BB Maps).
    02-09-09 12:58 PM
    What is Compatibility mode and where do I find it? I don't see it in WB Preferences.
    02-09-09 01:30 PM
    I am also running weatherbug on .99 with no issues.

For those with issues there are two common problems.

2. Make sure that you have BlackBerry Maps installed (WeatherBug will NOT run without BB Maps).
    Thanks! I didnt have blackberry maps installed cuz i never used it. But now that i installed it my weather bug works.
    02-09-09 02:04 PM
    Good call! I also had BB maps uninstalled and would not have even thought the two worked together. Thanks for the help.
    02-09-09 02:52 PM
    What is Compatibility mode and where do I find it? I don't see it in WB Preferences.
    Compatibility Mode is for the programs not actually meant for the storms full size screen. Some programs even meant for the Storm are sometimes installed with the "Compatibility Mode" enabled.

To check it...or disable it just go into Options --> Applications --> WeatherBug --> BlackBerry Key

I might be a bit off on that as I can't have my phone in here with me at work.
    02-09-09 03:30 PM
    Compatibility Mode is for the programs not actually meant for the storms full size screen. Some programs even meant for the Storm are sometimes installed with the "Compatibility Mode" enabled.

To check it...or disable it just go into Options --> Applications --> WeatherBug --> BlackBerry Key

I might be a bit off on that as I can't have my phone in here with me at work.
    Actually, it's Options --> Advanced --> Applications --> highlight WeatherBug --> BlackBerry Key
    02-09-09 03:34 PM
    Damn. It was disabled.

I was hoping maybe that might be the problem why it takes so long to "Locate" when I open it up and for "My Location". It was a long shot, so I guess not.
    02-09-09 03:48 PM
    Damn. It was disabled.

I was hoping maybe that might be the problem why it takes so long to "Locate" when I open it up and for "My Location". It was a long shot, so I guess not.
    No, it takes a long time because it has to get a GPS lock...and then figure out the city/zip code where you are...then get the weather there. IMO, if you're not driving over a hundred miles, using the "my location" feature isn't worth it. Even if I'm flying somewhere, I'll add that location to the location list instead of using "my location".
    02-09-09 03:56 PM
    No, it takes a long time because it has to get a GPS lock...and then figure out the city/zip code where you are...then get the weather there. IMO, if you're not driving over a hundred miles, using the "my location" feature isn't worth it. Even if I'm flying somewhere, I'll add that location to the location list instead of using "my location".

I like my weather specific.

Very specific.

Well when you say "long time", what kind of time are we talking about here? For me, I update "My location" and it could be like 10 minutes later and it's done or sometimes it could be 20 minutes and it still hasn't updated.
    Last edited by 6157; 02-09-09 at 04:07 PM.
    02-09-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD