Hello ladies and gentlemen. Im in a debate here now. I just downloaded the Weatherbug ap on my storm and its working great. I have the Accuweather ap channel already on my Viigo program. Both tell way off diffrent Weather Temps then eachother. Which one do you belive is more accurate? Like right now, Weather bug is telling me its 73 dagrees in churchill TN right now and Accuweather says 47 Dagrees. And then again, Weather.com says its 66 Dagrees here which I belive is the most accurate, but no Storm Ap. Anyone run into an issue like this? I want to know if keeping the Weatherbug Ap is still worth it, if its reading me inaccurate information, why keep it? Anyones help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
    02-11-09 11:44 AM
    Are you sure both apps are giving readings in the same unit of measure.

Fahrenheit and Celcius, and make sure they are updated, could be giving you a temp from early in the morning or something. Ive noticed small differences, 1-5 degrees but not 30
    02-11-09 11:52 AM
    Are you sure both apps are giving readings in the same unit of measure.

Fahrenheit and Celcius, and make sure they are updated, could be giving you a temp from early in the morning or something. Ive noticed small differences, 1-5 degrees but not 30
    I do not know this issue but I can guarantee wherever he is in north america it is not 47 celcius. That would be 116F !!!
    02-11-09 12:07 PM
    I take my comment back, YWeather was reporting 52F at the time of this screen shot. Weather eye and WeatherBug are just a huge difference.

So you are right.

I do not know this issue but I can guarantee wherever he is in north america it is not 47 celcius. That would be 116F !!!
    You are right. I also wanted to mention, that temperature is not impossible in Arizona, summer here is hottt!

I also wanted to say that i have 2 airports near me about 10 miles from each other, and they have an 8 degree difference in their reading. So I give up! lol
    Last edited by azboricua; 02-11-09 at 12:20 PM.
    02-11-09 12:10 PM
    lol There all Ferinheight. What would you guys recommend to keep? I just want something to be at least CLOSE to accurate lol.
    02-11-09 12:28 PM
    Ive found weather eye to be pretty close to my local tv forecast, could be different for you though. Check it while watching tv in the morning and see whats closer.
    02-11-09 01:12 PM
    lol There all Ferinheight. What would you guys recommend to keep? I just want something to be at least CLOSE to accurate lol.
    I'm missing something here... Why not just look at the weather temps for your current location(NJ) and you decide which is more accurate. A 30 degree difference should be apparent.
    02-11-09 01:47 PM
    Based off my car's external temperature reading, I've found weather.com - which I thought was backed by Accuweather - to be pretty close. But Viigo's accuweather temperature reading almost always reads WAY off, even right after an update - if they're both running Accuweather this makes no sense to me.
    02-11-09 02:24 PM
    I'm missing something here... Why not just look at the weather temps for your current location(NJ) and you decide which is more accurate. A 30 degree difference should be apparent.
    Well, Im currently in TN with my parents. So I wanted to give it a shot here since I just downloaded Weatherbug. It looks great though. Ill keep it around. Thanks to everyones help.
    02-11-09 09:44 PM
    OK, I cheat and I have a Jonathan Fisher launcher right to Accuweather Active Radar - no charge for the launcher, no charge for the Accuweather. - just click, click. So, when I REALLY need, in terms of safety and what, to know when bad things are going to happen, I go to Accuweather.

I also have WB direct 0.9.6.6. I may be crazy, but he seems to be better behaved than his predecessors. He give me the temp AT A GIVEN STATION. I hope I have the GPS off. He gives me alerts. I haven't figured out how to make his icon change with the weather conditions - maybe that is good !

I guess I'm saying I like them both. Life is good.

Oh, yeah also - temperature is a notoriously inaccurate measurement (at the individual stations).

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 02-11-09 at 11:01 PM.
    02-11-09 10:58 PM
    I have Weather Bug and it is very accurate. It's always on the ball. Very foggy tonite and 4 degrees C. Nice for Feb in Toronto.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 11:10 PM
    Yweather?

Is that the pic? I want that, on my Storm. Do ya have a link?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 12:17 AM
    IMO, Accuweather works better for me. You can install the accuweather web signals service (free) which will download to the BB within several hours . Once it appears in the download folder, launch it then move it to your home page. It displays the day's Hi and Low right on the icon. Once you open the program you can get the 10 day, hourly, radar, alerts etc...
    02-23-09 11:57 AM
    The thing I like about weatherbug is that you can chose which weather station it is using to give you the info. Here in Salt Lake there can be a pretty large variation in temps and winds depending on where you are in the valley or how close to the mountains you are. There is a weather station at the junior highschool very close to my house, so it is like having my own personal weather station! Then there is another one at the ski resort I usually go to, so again, very personalized. I have found it to be very accurate with both of those.
    You can try picking a different, nearby weather station and see if maybe you were getting an erroneous reading from that particular station you were using.
    The only 2 things I wish would change about WB is that there is no radar loop (moving radar) and that sometimes it is actually slower than pulling up the mobile version of weather.com in the browser....
    02-23-09 12:22 PM
    I don't have any experience with the other apps you mentioned but WeatherBug has always been spot on for me. It sounds like the reading you got from Accuweather just hadn't been updated or something. I know I've seen my WeatherBug displaying a totally different time of day sometimes, but that's easily fixed by going into the app and letting it update the forecast.
    02-23-09 12:31 PM
    I use Weatherbug and have always found it to be accurate. However, something I haven't seen in this thread so far is....how WALKING OUTSIDE to see which is more accurate!? It should be pretty easy to stand in the yard and decide if it's 73 or 47.
    02-23-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD