I did a search and didn't find anything recent or Torch specific. I would like to mount my Torch to my bicycle handlebars and be able to view the screen so I can follow the maps or access other simple functions while riding. I would like the phone to be housed in a weather resistant case in the event I get cought out in a light downpour.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience stories they can share?

Thanks.
    07-09-11 08:47 PM
    07-09-11 08:59 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that approach but was concerned I would pinch the Aquapac and that the universal mount wouldn't hold the Torch very well. I have seen some weather resent cases which were designed for GPS devices and they might work. I also found a case by Duragadget on Amazon (Amazon.com: Duragadget Waterproof holder / case and bike mount for Blackberry Bold 9650: Electronics) but would like to see some feedback on it before I get one since it might just be a universal case and the Torch is left swimming in the case leaving it unusable for my needs.
    07-09-11 09:21 PM
    10 char . . .
    Last edited by saudadeii; 07-17-11 at 04:48 PM.
    07-09-11 09:42 PM
    Awesome, just bought the Navtec one, but shipping says it won't arrive until end of August! I will give it a couple weeks, but if it will take that long, I may not have the case in time for a bike tour I am taking in August. I will post my findings when the case/mount arrives.
    07-09-11 09:59 PM
    Please do follow up Wiggy. I've thought about this as well - I often commute 18 miles each way to work via bike. But since my Torch is also a business phone whenever I consider it I give it up because part of the reason I ride is to escape from my phone
    07-10-11 05:43 AM
    OK, I just rceived my bicycle mount and case today. I ordered two cases from Amazon.com:

1) Duragadget Case (Amazon.com: Duragadget Waterproof holder / case and bike mount for Blackberry Bold 9650: Electronics)

2) Navitech Case (Amazon.com: Navitech Cycle / Bike / Bicycle Sports Waterproof holder mount and case for Smart Phones Mobiles & Cell phones Including The Blackberry torch 9800, Blackberry pearl, Blackberry bold 9700+9000, Blackberry curve, Blackberry curve 9800, Blac)

Both are great cases, but are priced differently and drastically different sizes (http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...0720-00033.jpg). I took pictures of the cases in their bags:

More pictures of the cases and the mounts can be viewed on my PhotoBucket album at:

BB Torch Bicycle Case pictures by wiggy_1 - Photobucket

The Duragadget case is large and the Torch was swimming in it. It was really made for larger electronics. Basically anything larger than an iPhone/iPod Touch. It has a filet cut (http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...0720-00015.jpg) for passing headphone wire through the case. It also comes with rubber shims to push the electronics closer to the clear view screen. Bottom line, this case is too big for a Torch unless you are using a very thick case like the AGF GRT ENDO case already. I found I liked the Navitech case better, plus the Navtech case is only $10. Read on for the Navitech review:

The Navitech case has the exact same mounting system as the Duragadget so I think they are from the same supplier. Just my opinion though. The Navitech case was really designed for an iPhone or iPod by looking at the inner dimensions. However, in the pictures you will see that my red Blackberry fit just fine. That Blackberry had a generic protective case over the battery cover, but not on the front bezel. I also put another blackberry in the Navitech case which was housed in the AGF GRT case and it fit fine, albeit snuggly. The Navitech case has dual zippers (zipps from either direction) but not a port for a headset cable. I was able to zipp around the cable as can be seen in the pictures on the album (http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...0720-00028.jpg).

The Navitech case also came with rubber foam shims to boost the back of the phone toward the clearview screen, but I found that it wasn't needed for the Torch in the AGF GRT case. The touch screen worked just fine for tapping and opening apps. I wouldn't try to compose a lengthy email though through the screen. I felt the case was of good quality and would provide a bit of bump protection as well as moisture protection. It would be useful for putting the phone in your jersey pocket.

The handlebar mount (http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...0720-00017.jpg) does put the case almost two inches above the handlebars. I would prefer a lower profile mount like the Garmin quick release bicycle handlebar mount, but Garmin doesn't offer a BB Torch specific weather proof case. Their waterproof cases are the size of small lunch boxes, but they are pretty tough. I plan on experimenting with the Navitech case and trying to adapt it to a Garmin mount. In the mean time I will use the OEM Navitech mount. It does have a ball and allows for position adjustment. Note that the thumbscrew for the mount is semi-permanent in that the nut has to be completely removed in order to take the mount off. It is not rapid quick release. However, the back of the Navitech case has a quick release slide mount so you can just grab the phone and go. I think the plastic used for the mount is not of the best quality and appears to be rather brittle, so I don't expect it to last if crashed or accidently hit with an elbow or knee. I have a 3-day bicycle trip coming next month and will put this case/mount through the paces. Bottom line, I think for the money, this is a great case/mount for the Blackberry Torch. I will see if any economical improvements can be made to an already useful product.

Note that both the Duragadget and the Navitech cases came out of the UK and had about a 2 week delivery time. Just factor this in if you are trying to get a case for an upcoming excursion.

I decided, after seeing both cases, that the Navitech case would be the one I would keep. So I never opened the Duragadget case packaging (http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/t...0720-00014.jpg). If anyone is interested in it, please let me know. $25 plus shipping to you. Just PM me if interested.
    07-20-11 10:02 PM
    After using the Navitec case for two weeks, I am loving it. It sits a bit high on the handlebars, but it is not obnoxious. I am using Endomundo to track my workouts and the dashboard is really great. I plan on a few modifications on the case this weekend to lower the height and strengthen the mount. The only thing missing is a bluetooth cadence monitor.
    SNARKYNYC1 likes this.
    08-01-11 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD