When browsing through the themes forum, I see some themes that include a weather icon? Is that an app that people are using? If so, which one?

Thanks.
    10-03-09 06:47 AM
    Try BBWeather. I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 07:02 AM
    weatherbug is good too.
    10-03-09 07:06 AM
    But are those themes with the weather icons specific to one weather app?
    10-03-09 07:07 AM
    But are those themes with the weather icons specific to one weather app?
    I like weatherbug elite myself.
    I checked around and seems to be pretty nice. Puts an icon on your on top of your screen that gives you the current temp along with giving you the option to update automaticly every 15min or hour or 2 if you like. The home screen icon also changes for the conditions in your local area. It cost $4.99 but worth it. Much better than the free version. No adds popping up.
    10-03-09 07:17 AM
    I believe if you want the icon to show the current weather status... you will need BBweather. I use weather bug and it has its own icon.

I could be wrong...and if I am, I'm sure someone will let me know

SBC
    10-03-09 07:17 AM
    Bbweather
    weathereye
    weatherbug

all apps

weathereye and weatherbug can be found at BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More on your berry

here is the .jad for bbweather

http://www.tateu.net/software/downlo...ther.jad?q=php

youll need to email it to yourself and click, or paste it into your browser on your phone.
    10-03-09 07:37 AM
    Weathereye isn't bad for being free, I like it
    10-03-09 07:51 AM
    Thought I'd chime in with BerryWeather, too, since I didn't see it mentioned. It costs a bit more than the other options ($9.95), but I've been using it for months and love it...especially the fact that it's tied to my GPS, so when I travel, the weather automatically changes.

BerryWeather site with the 3-day-trial download.
    10-03-09 08:32 AM
    BBweather is free. berryweather is paid.
    10-03-09 08:35 AM
    BerryWeather, is the best one by far. I don't even know why people even compare them.
    10-03-09 08:43 AM
    To answer the OPs question, No, you don't need a specific weather app to make it work. As far as I know the weather icon just needs to be in a predefined location on your home screen to end up in the "weather spot". Whichever icon is in that location will be displayed where the theme developer inteded the weather icon to be (does not HAVE to be a weather app). Hope this helps.
    10-03-09 08:49 AM
    I believe if you want the icon to show the current weather status... you will need BBweather. I use weather bug and it has its own icon.

I could be wrong...and if I am, I'm sure someone will let me know

SBC

I've seen those icons with the current weather ON the icon, I meant to ask about that too...thank you

To answer the OPs question, No, you don't need a specific weather app to make it work. As far as I know the weather icon just needs to be in a predefined location on your home screen to end up in the "weather spot". Whichever icon is in that location will be displayed where the theme developer inteded the weather icon to be (does not HAVE to be a weather app). Hope this helps.
    Thank you Slacker, that's exactly what I was trying to ask.

And thank you everyone else for the suggestions on which weather app to utilize!
    Last edited by OneCraftySAHM; 10-03-09 at 09:25 AM.
    10-03-09 09:11 AM
    My favorite one is Weather Eye. it works really well, shows the the current temp and an image indicates sunny cloudy etc on the home screen and best of all its free.

you can download weather eye along with bb weather and weather bug here Blackberry Apps For Free - Your Source For Free Blackberry Applications
    but i've tried them all and weather eye is the best one of the bunch.
    10-03-09 03:09 PM
    weathereye is the only one ive ever used and works great. like the poster above said, shows the weather and an icon to show what it is doing out, automatic update without even clicking it
    10-03-09 06:35 PM
    Berry Weather has the current weather condition icon with the temp position being customizable in terms of color of the background/temp as well as the possible of the temp. It is worth the $$$.
    10-03-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD