Ok another noob question from a new bb user
    The eather icon that i see and hear about on the fist page of the bb. Is that a software in itself or part of an OS? or how does that work? Also i use the celestial theme i bought here on Crackberry. It sports a clock looking animation at the bottom and have weather icons inside it( sun, moon, clouds etc). But i hav no idea if its working or not Also the clock( if its indeed a clock!) doesnt show time but the pointers hop around a bit over the weather icons between 9 aclock and 3 aclock
    Straight me out please!
    /sol.
    07-22-10 06:11 AM
    You need a separate weather app. BerryWeather is by far the best one available, you can find it in the CrackBerry Store.
    07-22-10 06:15 AM
    But do all phones have the capability to see the weather? What except from barryweather do i need to be able to see it?
    07-22-10 06:16 AM
    All phones would need a weather app to see weather, it's not part of the OS. You need to install the app and set it up to your liking.
    07-22-10 06:19 AM
    thank you. Il try that then
    07-22-10 06:20 AM
    Or as an alternative, though not free like many weather apps, Quicklaunch can provide basic weather info on the QL menu.
    07-22-10 07:36 AM
    You need a separate weather app. BerryWeather is by far the best one available, you can find it in the CrackBerry Store.
    +1, BerryWeather, wait for a sale.
    07-22-10 07:39 AM
    I also vote for BerryWeather. The weather icon is superb and it even alerts you of weather advisories for the locations that you specify.
    07-22-10 09:15 AM
    Weather eye provides an active icon that shows current conditions and when you scroll over it, it will show the temp. Just move it to your home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 09:17 AM
    +1, BerryWeather, wait for a sale.
    Or better yet, download the free version to start getting a taste of it now....
    07-22-10 10:53 AM
    I use WeatherBug and it is free. I moved the icon to my home screen (using the stock Zen theme) which shows the weather, such as a sun for a sunny day, and when I scroll over it I get the current temp plus the high/low for the day. If there is a weather alert, it will notify you on the screen. Not bad for a freebie. Give it a shot and delete it later if you don't like it.
    07-22-10 01:01 PM
    Yup, I use WeatherBug as well and it works fine for showing current temp and what is happening on my home screen as well as alerts for anything issued weather wise and yes, it is free.
    07-22-10 02:39 PM
    Add another vote for berryweather, you really cant beat it when it comes to weather apps
    07-22-10 02:44 PM
    It is also possible to use BerryWeather as the homescreen wallpaper with any theme, even if the theme does not have a weather slot. Here is an example.

07-22-10 03:50 PM
    It is also possible to use BerryWeather as the homescreen wallpaper with any theme, even if the theme does not have a weather slot. Here is an example.

And you can also select custom WP, so you can have a weather slot and use your current WP, you can move the slot, make it bigger, smaller..quite a useful feature imo
    07-22-10 04:12 PM
    thanx for all the replies imsaw that it was free and thats great. I cant recieve it with OTA though as i cant take emails on my mashine I started another thread about how to get ahold of a link. But it seems i can only get it by buying it from crackberry for example. App world wont let me have a desktop link^^
    /sol.
    07-23-10 06:21 AM
    And you can also select custom WP, so you can have a weather slot and use your current WP, you can move the slot, make it bigger, smaller..quite a useful feature imo

sounds great hope i can get ahold of a free version( desktop) somewhere!
    07-23-10 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD