I tried searching for the answer and didn't find it.
    Does anybody know why the Weather icon on my homescreen doesn't "update." The app still works great it just doesn't update the homescreen image.
    When i first downloaded the icon (about a week ago) the icon would be a sun if it was sunny outside or clouds if it was cloudy. Now the icon constantly stays the same. It always looks like a grey circle with lines running across it.
    Has anybody else had this problem?
    Any suggestions to fix it?
    Thanks
    09-17-08 10:39 AM
    Is your Berry in a holster with a sleeper magnet, that puts it in standby?
    09-17-08 10:41 AM
    Have you set the updates under the options tab ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 10:43 AM
    The updates are set to every 30 minutes. I usually have my phone in standby mode. I thought maybe that was the problem so for the last hour to hour and a half I didn't put it in standby mode. It has just been sitting on my desk and still the icon doesn't change. The weather has updated though.
    09-17-08 12:09 PM
    Maybe uninstall and reinstall it or try a battery pull

09-17-08 12:11 PM
    I download it for the Bold at the weekend but it doesn't seem to show any weather, i get the bar at the top with "the weather channel" logo but all i get underneath is a white screen....maybe its not configured for the Bold yet ?
    09-17-08 12:23 PM
    FYI battery pull didn't work either. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling later today and report back.
    09-17-08 01:39 PM
    Mine does that from time to time and have to reinstall the forecast option each time. I haven't found any other way as of yet.

09-17-08 01:47 PM
    Ran into this myself. Anyone know who to even submit bug reports to? Weather Network directly or someone who developed the app for them? There's nothing on the download page of the app, seems kinda simple of a page too. Not very informative of anything really.

Also, I noticed a pattern to it not updating. I'm using the L theme in 4.5 and if it's in the L orientation, the icon does not update, but the minute I hit Menu to bring up all the icons, the icon is updated and then going back to L shows the current info. This is definitely a program bug. Who's the developer?
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-20-08 at 11:22 AM.
    10-20-08 11:20 AM
    I just click on the logo and usually it starts updating again...
    Do you have the homescreen icon option checked?
    10-20-08 11:27 AM
    yea i just deleted it due to it not updating the main screen icon, but once on the desktop it would show a diff temp on that icon too....and the temp was always a few degrees off when compared to weather.com or noaa.com, if they updated it to every 15 minutes or something and fixed the bugs it would be an awesome app
    10-24-08 02:50 AM
    I just found this thread after experiencing the same problem. The app icon was the 3 wavy lines, for fog. Where the app name appears for other icons it said 63 degrees fog. Since it's 10:30 am, I launched the app, got new data, and the icon finally ( I have it set to 30 minute updates) changed to a sun with clouds. It's now 66 degrees. The app name still says 63 fog.

This is a cute little app, the changing icon being the niftiest feature imo. I wish it used zip codes, as Los Angeles temps, even though I live here, are mostly 10 degrees hotter than Venice, my part of town.
    Also I take it I am not mistaken that it only allows one city, even though it says primary city in the options?

Both Viigos weather channel and BBweather are nice alternatives, the latter being the only one without ads. The hotkey option for cities on BBweather is a great feature. I guess it's my current favorite, but I sure wish it had a changing icon. I don't like looking at a cloud with thunderbolts each time, life is tough enough.
    10-29-08 01:03 PM
    not sure if this is the same app, I have weatherbug direct on my phone, i had the same issue especially when i would remove the battery or turn it off. This started happening after i upgraded to the t-mobile .81 version. Tech support said to ask for the apn from your carrier. it's solved the problem so far.
    10-29-08 05:57 PM
    Ran into this myself. Anyone know who to even submit bug reports to? Weather Network directly or someone who developed the app for them? There's nothing on the download page of the app, seems kinda simple of a page too. Not very informative of anything really.

Also, I noticed a pattern to it not updating. I'm using the L theme in 4.5 and if it's in the L orientation, the icon does not update, but the minute I hit Menu to bring up all the icons, the icon is updated and then going back to L shows the current info. This is definitely a program bug. Who's the developer?
    I agree JRSC, that is why i switched to WeatherBug, the people I gave the WeatherEye link to all said the same thing, 'It's not working '...
    10-29-08 06:21 PM
    The Icon will update but not on the BB home page. If you go into applications and scroll over the icon it will show the correct temp. From there if you go back out to your homepage icon...it will show the correct temp. Not sure why it doesn't update on the homepage icon on it's own. Kinda why I was searching the forums..hehe
    06-17-09 09:32 PM
    I've used Weather Eye for a while but because sometimes was amiss, I went to Weather Bug.They all have their issues but this one is pretty nifty.Also free.
    06-18-09 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD