The Weather Channel just released an app for BlackBerrys. I downloaded it and found that it really is an excellent app.

You can get it over the air (OTA) here ... m.weather.com/bbapp

Really nice interface. Highly recommended.
    10-16-09 02:25 PM
    Do note that is is only for US blackberry users.

I downloaded it and it doesn't work in the uk.

Doh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 02:27 PM
    Is it any different from WeatherBug? I might have to give it a try.
    10-16-09 02:42 PM
    Do note that is is only for US blackberry users. I downloaded it and it doesn't work in the uk.
    Doesn't sound right. I have London as one of my designated weather cities and have no problem using it for weather forecasts in the UK. Also why would it not download? Using the link provided, anyone anywhere in the world should be able to put the app on their phone.

Might want to call tech support at your carrier. My guess is there is a setting on your phone that needs to be adjusted. Can't imagine why ot wouldn't work for you.
    10-17-09 01:20 PM
    Is it any different from WeatherBug? I might have to give it a try.
    Never used Weatherbug so I can't tell you. Suggest you download it and make a comparison.
    10-17-09 01:21 PM
    I downloaded it ok but it wouldn't show the town that i live in.

I tried a few others towns around and it didn't show.

i just uninstalled it

i use bbweather anyways, that gets my town no problem.

Think i will stick with that.
    10-18-09 02:21 PM
    Do note that is is only for US blackberry users.

I downloaded it and it doesn't work in the uk.

Doh

US and Canada
    10-18-09 02:43 PM
    Nice app. Its a shame the icon itself offers no information like current temp or conditions, only a big blue square with the weather channel on it. The app does offer a nice layout and plenty of info including gps location and radar maps with motion. For me, I'll still keep an app like bbweather or weathereye on my home screen just for convenience sake, instant gratification, of seeing the current temp but if I need more info I'll definitely use this app.

10-18-09 07:43 PM
    Cool app. Thanks.
    10-18-09 09:36 PM
    Not flyin with my storm... can't select the different icons. it's not reading the touch for some reason... Nice app tho
    kinda of a large one with 1.9MB no?
    10-18-09 09:47 PM
    has anyone with a 8350 got this to work. BBAW online says it works with the 8350 and sprint, but in the app world on the phone it says it doesnt work on either.
    12-07-09 09:01 PM
    I installed this earlier today and have played around with it.

Not very happy with it.

If you reboot your BB you have to start the app each time. No option for it to run automatically.

You can add a link to your calendar & address book but each time you access TWC from there is starts it again. When I did switch application I saw TWC listed 3 times.

For the amount of space it takes it is not worth it for me.

Maybe when Comcast takes them over it will get even worse.
    12-08-09 03:53 PM
    only thing that sucks is there isnt a icon on the homescreen
    12-14-09 12:44 PM
    Anybody know why The Weather Channel App will not download on the new Bold 9650? I had the app on my curve 8330 but when I upgraded to the Bold 9650 I am unable to download the app
    06-22-10 09:57 AM
    Tried it an uninstalled it. I use BBWeather which gets the weather channel feed. It has a home screen icon, automatically starts and polls for the current conditions. It's also 1/10th the memory footprint of the TWC app.
    06-22-10 10:19 AM
    I have not tried it but, I find it hard to believe it's better than BerryWaether. I know it is not worth "$12.99 every 3month(s) Charges will appear as "BillingRevolution.com"."
    06-22-10 11:23 AM
    I tried WeatherChannel. Then I deleted it.
    In my opinion, no other weather app works as well, or is as enjoyable as BerryWeather (aka "BeWeather" in App World).

BerryWeather / BeWeather on my Tour 9630 today
    :
    06-22-10 07:29 PM
    TWC is a fine free weather app in my opinion. I also have the free WeatherBug app and like it as well. I have had no problems, memory usage or otherwise, with either of those apps. Both recommended.
    06-22-10 08:30 PM
    Just downloaded the Weather Channel app on BB 9350. On the radar map is there any way to move the map around rather than just zoom in and out with the trackball?
    01-09-15 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD