Anyone else have this problem with Weather Bug?

After I upgraded my Blackberry 8350i to 4.6.1.112 the menu bar in my Weather Bug application has disappeared. Normally I'd hit the Blackberry Button to bring up the menu and then select what screen I wanted to see.

The problem still exists after my recent upgrade to 4.6.1.128.

I've tried un-installing the program and then reinstalling....no luck.

I can get the menus to return if I pull the battery and then restart my phone. After doing that the menus will work perfectly until I exit the Weather Bug program and then when I go back to it the menus are gone again!

The Weather Bug program did work fine before I upgraded to 4.6.1.112.

Any ideas?
    02-13-09 09:10 AM
    Uninstall that and put in weather eye its better and it even puts the temp on your home screen if you move the app there. I had weather bug until yesterday with the same problems as you, I heard about the weather eye from that Alex 63 guy on here and it is a good app.
    02-13-09 10:19 AM
    I still want my weather bug too. It's got a nice radar interface. IMHO.
    Hopefully either RIM fixes the menu issue, or WB fixes the release.
    Until then,
    02-13-09 04:38 PM
    bammer, do you have a link to that?
    02-13-09 05:17 PM
    Can't post direct links yet so you know the routine, replace the (dot) with .

For Weatherbug app, on your blackberry browser go to

blackberry(dot)weatherbug(dot)com/download

For weather eye app, on your blackberry browser go to

weyebb(dot)pelmorex(dot)com/blackberry
    02-13-09 07:37 PM
    I had been looking for the address for weather bug so I stumbled here at the right time. I think the weather eye is actually nice though I do like the fact that weather bug will "follow" you with the GPS.

I'm not too crazy about the weather bug, how do I delete it? I can't get the menu to pop up, even after the battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 03:48 PM
    Does anyone know how I can delete this app?
    02-16-09 08:16 AM
    Does anyone know how I can delete this app?
    I don't but I'm hoping they will post an update to the program before my trial ends! I tried Weather Eye which is ok but I like that Weather Bug has much more data/information plus radar....if you can find it without the menu!
    02-16-09 08:31 AM
    One thing about the weather bug app is that it just takes you to the weather bug website, which won't view correctly on the BB. Is this how it is supposed to be?
    02-16-09 08:58 AM
    One thing about the weather bug app is that it just takes you to the weather bug website, which won't view correctly on the BB. Is this how it is supposed to be?
    The Weather Bug app I'm using is a stand alone program and doesn't open up in the browser window. Once you install the program it will be in your Blackberry's download folder and from there you can move it to your home folder so that you can access it quickly.
    02-16-09 09:18 AM
    UPDATE: Just received the following reply from the Weather Bug people about this problem:

-------
    Please remove the WeatherBug Application:

Then use this URL to download the Application from the Blackberry:

dev(dot)blackberry(dot)weatherbug(dot)com/free
    ------

Note: in the URL replace the "(dot)" with a "."

I just tried this and the Weather Bug program still doesn't display the menu. I've just sent tech support back an email stating that this doesn't fix the menu problem. I'll let everyone know what their reply is once I get one.
    02-16-09 09:24 AM
    You said we have to remove the app? How do we do that without a menu? Might be a newb question, sorry.
    02-16-09 10:41 AM
    Remove it through desktop manager. There is an add remove applications feature. Uncheck the box and click next.
    02-16-09 10:44 AM
    You said we have to remove the app? How do we do that without a menu? Might be a newb question, sorry.
    I just connected my Blackberry and went to the Desktop Manager and used the Application Manager to remove the Application.

FYI....I've seen other threads where people are complaining that the menus in their other applications are not showing up as well. Looks like the problem could be with the Blackberry software and not with individual applications like Weather Bug. Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
    02-16-09 10:49 AM
    I just installed Weather Eye, what a cool app! My only issue is that it only finds large cities. But that's close enough.
    Thanks
    02-16-09 11:06 AM
    G oto your options scroll down to weather bug setings open and delete then you have to reboot that should get rid of it
    02-16-09 11:34 AM
    this is definately a software thing cause too many apps aren't displaying menu's. its like the 8350i gets no respect.
    Group Connect, and Surround Corporate, Its time to show them our numbers!
    02-16-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD