Is anyone else having problems with weatherbug on 4.7.0.109.
    It freezes up my phone everytime and I have to do a battery pull to fix it. I got rid of it because of the hassle.
    02-23-09 08:42 AM
    Reinstall BB Maps.
    02-23-09 08:43 AM
    I am having the same problem and I have BB Maps installed. Not sure what the problem is. When I open weather bug it sits on the finding location screen, doesn't freeze my phone but doesn't find the location.
    02-23-09 11:10 PM
    working fine on mine. but i dont weather bug find my location through gps. i just have mine set to find the weather to a certain location.
    02-23-09 11:17 PM
    I didn't know that BB Maps needed to be installed for weather bug to work. I uninstalled BB Maps the other day and all of a sudden weather bug stopped working. I would click the link from the home screen and nothing would happen. It seems to be updating the icon but wouldn't open the entire app. I just moved from .103 to .109 and I'm going to try it again. If it doesn't work without BB Maps I'll add that back too and see what happens.
    02-23-09 11:26 PM
    I am having the same problem and I have BB Maps installed. Not sure what the problem is. When I open weather bug it sits on the finding location screen, doesn't freeze my phone but doesn't find the location.
    I have the same problem with mine..... It never automatically finds my location. I just pre-set it... but even with it pre-set, at times it takes WAY too long to load.
    02-24-09 12:13 AM

You have to open the app. When its searching for location, hit cancel. then close app all together. Reopen app, cancel finding location, hit menu, choose location, then choose fix GPS location. I've noticed everytime I do an upgrade you have to open the app, cancel the finding location then back out of the app all together then reopen. Seems like you have to trick it. You should only have to do this the first time after upgrading OS or reinstalling app. It also helps to manually add a location too. Hope this helps, if not PM me.

Sounds dumb but be sure your GPS is enabled.
    02-24-09 12:19 AM
    What's new with .109? Can some one post the link? Thx!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 12:45 AM
    What's new with .109? Can some one post the link? Thx!

They are referring to the new OS that was leaked for the 9530 4.7.0.109. Check out the OS Beta forum.

Here's the link for the forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-167458/
    02-24-09 12:48 AM
    Lol! My bad. Thought it was a new version of weather bug! Guess its late

02-24-09 12:50 AM
    DOes Weatherbug not cover the UK..?

I'm on a 9500 with OS .109

The find my location does not work, and the error message "content encoding error" is shown at the top if I try a GPS fix.

If I try to manually enter a location it cant find any UK address

Is this app USA only?
    02-24-09 08:44 AM
    DOes Weatherbug not cover the UK..?

I'm on a 9500 with OS .109

The find my location does not work, and the error message "content encoding error" is shown at the top if I try a GPS fix.

If I try to manually enter a location it cant find any UK address

Is this app USA only?
    The Weatherbug app only works in the US right now but they have plans to have it work with other countries in the future.

02-24-09 09:14 AM
    Weatherbug not showing any UK love. Hopefully they will have you guys setup soon.

02-24-09 09:19 AM
    When I first downloaded .109 it would find my location, but not display correct temperature. As of this morning I opened it while driving to work and if finally updated everything so now it is working fine.
    02-24-09 09:20 AM
    I never allow WB to reinstall with the OS upgrade... I simply unselect it in app loader and redownload it. I also never uninstall BB Maps.

Once reinstalled, I disable the "Find Location" feature when I first open it and add my location.

Never had a problem doing it this way... It's the only App I have to manually reinstall after an OS update...

Hope this helps.
    02-24-09 09:25 AM
    Im in Scotland and have this running fine in .109. It gets the weather info from Edinburgh Airport
    02-24-09 09:53 AM
    It's finally found me.....

But the very top of the screen still shows an error mesage even though the app appears to be working properly!
    02-24-09 03:25 PM
    I've never ever had a problem with weatherbug, ever. Before every OS update, I back everything up then let DM do the rest of the work.

I dont have the "my location" turned on, ever so maybe thats why I dont have issues. Im usually within 20 miles from my house so there is no need for the my location for me.
    02-24-09 03:45 PM
    I'm using .109 and mine freezes with the keyboard on and won't let me use it. I've had this problem sometime after updating too .103 and deleting bb maps but have since re installed bb maps to no vale. Has anybody else had his problem.

02-24-09 04:14 PM
    I'm using .109 and mine freezes with the keyboard on and won't let me use it. I've had this problem sometime after updating too .103 and deleting bb maps but have since re installed bb maps to no vale. Has anybody else had his problem.

Make sure that you disable compatibility mode.

02-24-09 07:40 PM
    Doesnt work
    02-25-09 10:49 AM
    Its work fine on mine with .109
    02-25-09 10:53 AM
    The Weatherbug app only works in the US right now but they have plans to have it work with other countries in the future.

mine has worked in the uk ever since i installed it
    02-25-09 10:58 AM
    i just installed .109 and WB is working without any problems
    02-25-09 04:19 PM
    I was able to figure out that when I upgraded from .103 to .109 I didn't remove .103 before installing .109. The fix o did was remove both then install 103 to downgrade then removed it and installed 109 and it has been working fine. So that could be why some of you have been having problems

02-25-09 04:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD