Anybody using this app? Im on the hunt for a weather app that doesnt cause massive memory leaks (weatherbug). Im downloading the trial version now.....anybody?
    04-01-09 08:47 AM
    also using the trial.

the home screen icon does not display current temp/condition if you CLOSE the app. you have to leave it running in the background. not sure that i'll keep it. NO RADAR, NO GPS(for those times im away and don't know where i am, but am more concerend about the weather)
    04-01-09 08:50 AM
    also using the trial.

the home screen icon does not display current temp/condition if you CLOSE the app. you have to leave it running in the background. not sure that i'll keep it. NO RADAR, NO GPS(for those times im away and don't know where i am, but am more concerend about the weather)
    Yeah I just noticed you have to keep it running as well. Although, I think WB was the same way it just didnt show up in the "running applications" menu. Im going to keep mine running for a few days and see if the battery drains fast and if there is any memory leaks.
    04-01-09 08:58 AM
    BBWeather is free and is not a memory hog.
    Try the alpha version, it does everything any reasonable human being would want out of a weather app
    04-01-09 09:00 AM
    BBWeather is free and is not a memory hog.
    Try the alpha version, it does everything any reasonable human being would want out of a weather app
    You wouldnt happend to have the OTA link for this app?

Edit: I found it. People complaining that its buggy. Im going to stick with Weather Berry for now and see how it goes.
    Last edited by DreamSTi; 04-01-09 at 09:07 AM.
    04-01-09 09:03 AM
    It's your money but I have tried almost every weather app (not weather berry) and have found bbweather to be the least buggy. In fact I've never had an issue with it and I've been using for a couple of months. Just my 2cents. By the way, weather berry does look pretty
    04-01-09 09:14 AM
    It's your money but I have tried almost every weather app (not weather berry) and have found bbweather to be the least buggy. In fact I've never had an issue with it and I've been using for a couple of months. Just my 2cents. By the way, weather berry does look pretty

Thanks for the info. I have already noticed my phone has slowed down and my app memory has gone from 35 down to 23. Arg.
    04-01-09 09:18 AM
    I know that this is extreme, but I purchased the Garmin software (you can find it for $70 instead of the $90) and it has the weather on it also the traffic. It is a one time charge and it is much faster than verizons vz navigator. Like I said, I know that this is extreme, but if you exit out of the app, it releases the memory.
    04-01-09 09:50 AM
    I know that this is extreme, but I purchased the Garmin software (you can find it for $70 instead of the $90) and it has the weather on it also the traffic. It is a one time charge and it is much faster than verizons vz navigator. Like I said, I know that this is extreme, but if you exit out of the app, it releases the memory.
    Yeah, WAY more money im willing to spend. I might just revert back to a bookmark to a weather site.
    04-01-09 09:53 AM
    But you have to remember that it would also turn your Storm into a navigation device and if you happen to use vz navigator (at 9.99 a month), it would pay for itself in 7 months.
    04-01-09 10:01 AM
    But you have to remember that it would also turn your Storm into a navigation device and if you happen to use vz navigator (at 9.99 a month), it would pay for itself in 7 months.
    Yeah I understand that, but I dont want my storm to be a navigation device. I have nav in both my cars and google maps works just fine for when im not in my car.
    04-01-09 10:24 AM
    im using trial right now and love it
    04-01-09 11:18 AM
    I have it, and purchased it yesterday. Looks promissing, and I got confirmation that GPS and Radar are on the way.

A few issues though, I have not idea what some of the settings do. There is no tutorial that I have found yet. Updates to the observed conditions are a bit wanting, but I'm willing to bet taht too can be fixed fairly quick.

Looks beautiful and adds the things that I want.

Rob

PS, there is anther thread about this too: Best weather App
    04-01-09 11:24 AM
    Well after running it for about 4 hours, my app memory dropped below 10 and my phone got really slow and sluggish. So depressing.
    04-01-09 01:22 PM
    this app is horrible!!! no radar, does not use GPS to locate your weather. nothing i have seen beats weather bug so far.
    Last edited by rj5570; 04-01-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: wow i just saw i am up to 264 post lol
    04-01-09 02:49 PM
    I've had it a few days nice lookin app,but alittle memory hog an cant get back ground to work.I'm work with manuf. to get it right
    04-01-09 03:42 PM
    I bought this app and I am not happy with it.

The "Current Conditions" information for this app is not accurate at all.

I just took a trip into work in the pouring rain this morning and this

thing is displaying a sun icon, and says "Fair".

Its overcast and raining still and the blasted app shows a sun icon and fair conditions, even after a manual update.

All other forecast displays show rain, and I have it set to update every 2 hours.

I did a manual update, and no change.

And it looses the background image when you reset the phone or do a battery pull.

Back to WeatherBug, if I can find a version w/o ads
    04-20-09 12:05 PM
    I bought this app and I am not happy with it.

The "Current Conditions" information for this app is not accurate at all.
    Me too. Not to mention that it is a memory eater. It is pretty though.......

I went back to weatherbug from app world..........
    04-21-09 10:47 AM
    I loved this app until recently I tied it to the cause of my battery draining extremely quickly. I uninstalled and battery life is back to normal. Also, it is not accurate. High and low temps in 5 day forecast were way off..like 19 degrees.
    04-21-09 02:48 PM
    I loved this app until recently I tied it to the cause of my battery draining extremely quickly. I uninstalled and battery life is back to normal. Also, it is not accurate. High and low temps in 5 day forecast were way off..like 19 degrees.
    oh what's 19 degrees give or take
    I've never noticed it being that off for me but I've heard others say it's a problem
    04-21-09 02:53 PM
    I just deleted this from my phone.
    Battery and memory has improved.

I recant my previous post ... I am not being too hard.

This is a flawed application that is not worth the money I paid for it.

Free weather apps are better than this.
    04-21-09 06:45 PM
    So much for me getting this app. I was looking for a nice weather app but it looks like I will have to pass on this one.
    09-21-09 06:55 PM
    I'm getting ready to get a replacement phone.
    Will I have any issues reinstalling this software & using my activation ID on another phone w/a different PIN #?
    11-18-09 06:53 PM
    I'm getting ready to get a replacement phone.
    Will I have any issues reinstalling this software & using my activation ID on another phone w/a different PIN #?
    Yes, you will have a problem if you try to activate it with the activation code generated from your old phone's pin. It wont be valid.

If you bought your app from crackberry/mobihand, go to mobihand.com and log in at the top of the page.
    (If you bought your app from crackberry.com you may not realize that you have an account ith mobihand. Go to mobihand and get them to email you your password).
    Then go to "my apps". There will be an area that has your device ID (PIN) info. Just click "change device ID" and put in the necessary info for your new phone and it will generate new activations code based on the new PIN.
    11-19-09 02:10 PM
    what does the "Add (w) Key Shortcut to Homescreen Icon" do?
    12-14-09 03:44 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD