I notice everyone seems to be using a weather app, theme makers are making things for weather apps, and I don't see the reason to use one.

Unless you are a boater, why do you use/need a weather app?
    What am I missing out on?
    08-30-09 09:20 AM
    it's just something to have on your phone to look at.
    08-30-09 09:42 AM
    I work in Emergency Management. Having an accurate weather map available regardless of where I am can be a big advantage for me.

Not sure about everyone else.
    08-30-09 09:47 AM
    Berry Weather is an app and not a theme. It puts an icon on your desktop that shows the current weather and temperature. It has uses GPS to provide location conditions where you are or add specific locations in addition to hourly and daily forecasts as well as weather radar without another app. It is the best $10 for this type of app. Also, weather alerts show up as lightning bolts on the desktop icon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:47 AM
    I like keeping track of weather and on road trips and berryweather is a one click weather app to use as I drive, once I have whatever locations I need depending on the road trip.
    I also use berrybuzz along with Berryweather for weather alerts while on the road vacationing. Lastly I'm a weather buff so I would have even if I just staid in my home state .

08-30-09 09:53 AM
    I do a lot of outdoor's stuff so I need a program that i can use on the fly to keep me up to date on current conditions.Besides when you live in hurricane alley these apps are important when the power goes out.Keeping in the know can save your life.
    08-30-09 09:59 AM
    I'm a bit of weather buff myself. Also live in SE Texas where a little storm named Hurricane Ike blew by here last year.
    08-30-09 10:41 AM
    I work in construction and it's nice to know if a storm is headed my way so I don't rip out a part of someones house that doesn't need to get wet.
    08-30-09 10:52 AM
    It's just one of those things that's just "nice" to have on your BB. I work in an office 12 hrs a day, but I'm still constantly glancing down at my e-Mobile Weather on my BB to check out the week ahead.
    08-30-09 10:54 AM
    I ride a motorcycle and pretty much each morning, I look at the weather to see if it is a two-wheel day, or a four-wheel day. Too hot, too cold, or bad weather, my bike stays in the the garage. It's nice to look down and quickly see the current weather conditions without having to open up the browser and use several clicks to see the same information.
    08-30-09 11:20 AM
    it faster than having to wait for the weather on the radio or t.v. it is only a click away
    08-30-09 11:30 AM
    The same reason people watch the weather on the news. To see what the weather for the day/week is going to be.
    08-30-09 12:07 PM
    I like to know what the weather is so I know what to wear, so I know if it's gonna rain, so I know if I can golf and what time I should be golfing, to impress my friends and be able to tell them the exact temperature when we are standing on the green.....
    08-30-09 12:16 PM
    It's great when you're away from the house, and useful when it's storming and you have to turn off the television due to frequent lightning.
    08-30-09 12:41 PM
    I track severe weather on my phone when I am mobile. I am a severe weather spotter/chaser and having mobile radar is a big plus.

People use mobile weather apps for about the same reason they use mobile email, mobile news...etc. You want to know what is going on
    08-30-09 02:51 PM
    I stay on the road ALL the time. I have my gps location turned on so I don't get no unexpected weather surprises .
    08-30-09 04:04 PM
    Reasons enough: I have a wife, three children and four grand children. The weather apps are in their infancy, but then there is Accuweather, especially the Active Radar Display. It is really needed here in the Houston area, where the weather defies all logic. I have it as one of my Jonathan Fisher Storm Launchers. Probably check it 50 times a day or more: partly out of curiosity, survival, and protection of my loved ones. I often recommend changes in travel plans to them.

Doctor Neutron
    08-30-09 04:08 PM
    OH! I forgot another good reason: I get air quality updates. I have asthma, so I know what days I'll be staying inside!
    08-30-09 04:13 PM
    Because I have nothing better to do? Hmm...
    08-30-09 04:56 PM
    Silly question IMHO...

I live in Florida where deadly lightning pops up fast. Weather applications give storm warnings. This is just one of many good reasons.

08-30-09 08:35 PM
    Ever heard of construction? Outdoor enthusiasts? Motorcyclists? Lol. Not everyone is indoors all the time, nor do they always have access to a computer.

I take it the OP stays indoors all the time.
    08-30-09 08:44 PM
    In North Texas, a goodly ways from civilization. It starts to rain. The contractor asks " how long is it going to rain, should we rain out (ie pack up and go home) So I go on my phone, because I'm too far out to get internet on my laptop, and get a weather radar. Don't fool around with an app, use weather underground mobile. it is as fast or faster as the apps and more accurate.
    08-30-09 08:53 PM
    Because.You.Can.
    08-30-09 09:15 PM
    For all these posters who rely on their weather apps for scheduling work, deciding what to wear and planning their upcoming weekend activities must be using applications that are far more accurate than Berry Weather has been for me. In my experience, it's notorious for being off by 10 degrees or more, and for the radar maps to stop working at the worst possible times.....
    08-31-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD