Hi,

I've installed weathereye and weatherbug and they give different temperatures.

I'm in London, UK and weathereye says 13C, weatherbug says 16C, and my vista desktop weather widget says 11C.

So... which is most accurate...
    10-12-08 05:59 AM
    Oh thats what I also want to know!
    What Weather app should I buy?
    10-12-08 06:06 AM
    WeatherBug has 3 stations in my small town.

WeatherEye didn't list my town.

WeatherBug, FTW!

i suppose if you can find an "official" source for weather you can compare that with the two programs. i think The Weather Channel here is the most accurate. And WeatherBug is close (if not identical most time) to them!

The Weather Channel Mobile

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/best-weather-app-81516/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 06:06 AM
    WeatherBug has 3 stations in my small town.

WeatherEye didn't list my town.

WeatherBug, FTW!

i suppose if you can find an "official" source for weather you can compare that with the two programs. i think The Weather Channel here is the most accurate. And WeatherBug is close (if not identical most time) to them!

The Weather Channel Mobile

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/best-weather-app-81516/

I just clicked on your list for weather.com and it gave the temp as 12.7C which is close to the weathereye, but it also said it was foggy here. I looked out of the window and it's a clear blue sunny sky.

I took your advice, looked for the "official" met office forcast and it said 17C, which is closer to the weatherbug version (which has now updated to 17C!), so I think I'm going to stick with weatherbug, and uninstall my vista widget which is 6C out!

So, my conclusion is that for London, at least, weatherbug is the most accurate. But it's probably best to find out which is the most accurate for your particular location.
    10-12-08 06:29 AM
    Go out side n check temp

10-12-08 07:53 AM
    It probably depends on which weather location the program is polling or checking for data. In many cases it might be a nearby airport or downtown center. For Seattle, in my case, a number of desktop programs give me a choice of Boeing Field, SeaTac or even the Pacific Science Center - each one can be a different temperature as they are a few miles apart. Yesterday, we had sunshine while across the lake they were still foggy - so which would be accurate for places only 3 miles apart???

While driving through the Southwest (Nev, Utah) The Weatherunderground has great info but it is a browser site and not a icon program.
    10-12-08 08:57 AM
    Go out side n check temp

yeah ok, I thought of that but once I'm down the stairs and out the door, I'm usually running for the bus...
    10-12-08 09:06 AM
    Hi,

I've installed weathereye and weatherbug and they give different temperatures.

I'm in London, UK and weathereye says 13C, weatherbug says 16C, and my vista desktop weather widget says 11C.

So... which is most accurate...
    I think weatherbug is right, everytime I'm in London it's always 16C! LOL

True that all weather apps still miss a lot of major EU cities.

Edited...

Viigo Weather in the b�ta version however gives you almost every city in the world. And multiple cities at the same time!!! Whether it is accurate or not I don't know. But today's 18C I believe was correct.
    The same goes for Yahoo Go 3.0 but here updates don't come automaticly.
    Last edited by samsams; 10-12-08 at 02:04 PM.
    10-12-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD