I am looking for a slick weather application for my Telus 9530 Storm. I am currently using yWeather, but it only provides a 2 day forecast. I used to use WeatherEye on my 8330 Curve without any problem, but when I try and install WeatherEye on my Storm, I cannot get by the setup screen, as I seem unable to click on the "OK" button....it's lit up light blue, but I can press until I'm blue in the fact and it won't react.

I live in Courtenay, B.C. Canada, so I presume WeatherBug will not provide Canadian weather forecasts. Any other Weather Apps some of you can recommend for me?

Thanks for your help.
    01-26-09 06:57 AM
    Weatherbug should provide you with a seven day forecast where you are. I live in Toronto and it works great.
    01-26-09 07:00 AM
    Weatherbug works great....download from this link directly on ur Blackberry browser

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad
    01-26-09 07:52 AM
    Weatherbug works great....download from this link directly on ur Blackberry browser

Hmmm? Well, I downloaded and installed the latest version (I think) from the URL you provided, but when I go to click on the WeatherBug icon, it locks up my Storm...and I need to perform a battery pull in order to use it again. I tried twice, and both times with the same result.
    01-26-09 08:34 AM
    Sorry for the silly question...ur profile says 8330....u r using a Storm I assume for this....I would delete and reload it. Which OS r u running on ur Storm?

Also make sure u have BB Maps & GPS location on or it will not work...if u do a search on Weatherbug u will find plenty of info.
    01-26-09 09:17 AM
    Are you sure it locked up? I ask this because the program is very resource intense and sometimes it won't respond while updating or getting your current location using the GPS. I would let it run for about a minute once you launch it and see what happens.
    01-26-09 09:24 AM
    Make sure that you have BB Maps installed because WeatherBug needs it to function properly. Also, don't use the location on feature but manually type in your location to speed up the display process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 09:26 AM
    is weatherbug free for the storm?
    01-26-09 11:07 PM
    is weatherbug free for the storm?
    Yepper it is.
    01-26-09 11:14 PM
    Hmmm? Well, I downloaded and installed the latest version (I think) from the URL you provided, but when I go to click on the WeatherBug icon, it locks up my Storm...and I need to perform a battery pull in order to use it again. I tried twice, and both times with the same result.
    Do you have BB Maps installed on your Storm?
    01-26-09 11:21 PM
    I tryed twice to download it, once on a computer and once on my Storm and niether would open the download. I was asked to save it and then the comp couldnt find a way to open it and the storm gave me a 404 error. Very disapointed, looks really cool.
    01-27-09 06:44 AM
    I tryed twice to download it, once on a computer and once on my Storm and niether would open the download. I was asked to save it and then the comp couldnt find a way to open it and the storm gave me a 404 error. Very disapointed, looks really cool.
    which link are you using to download it?
    01-27-09 06:51 AM
    same problem here!

Cant say Yes in the setup screen. first time weatherbug is started.
    It is the question for the GPS location.
    01-27-09 07:14 AM
    The reason why your computer couldn't find a way to open it that the file was a .jad file. These files are only recognized by the BB. To download WeatherBug, use the following link from your BB browser.

01-27-09 09:22 AM
    same problem here!

Cant say Yes in the setup screen. first time weatherbug is started.
    It is the question for the GPS location.
    The keyboard is probably showing on the screen interfering in where you can click. I recommend disabling compatibility mode and if it still doesn't work, do a battery pull.

01-27-09 09:26 AM
    I have been trying this since yesterday and I no matter how many times I install in and reinstall it, battery pull or shut down the device, turn compatiabilty mode on or off, it keeps popping up with that same damn question....

enable my location....and it has the keyboard popped up so I cant do anything.

How come this works for so many and there are some of us it is not working at all?

anyone please help....I really want this app but it is becoming too much work.
    01-27-09 09:47 AM
    yea i have had the same problem here on .90

i was one of the guys that had weatherbug running great on .76 and .85 but now that i have .90 its locking up everytime. i have tried every possible way around it and its just not going to happen.

i will just be waiting until the new OS comes out. leaked or not.

its a great app when it works though.
    01-27-09 10:00 AM
    ok I got it finally

removed the existing app off the device

reinstalled using the link on page 1

turned compatiabilty off in options/applications

turned gps to 911 only and then after exiting that screen turned it back to location on

pulled the battery

ran the app

worked

finally

LOL

now on to attempting to get xM radio on my storm LOL
    01-27-09 10:11 AM
    I downloaded the weatherbug .jad file to my Storm (running .90) I installed the app, used the app. But i can't find the Icon anywhere. I've installed dozens of apps before. It is in my application list under advanced options.

Where should I look?
    01-27-09 11:03 AM
    I downloaded the weatherbug .jad file to my Storm (running .90) I installed the app, used the app. But i can't find the Icon anywhere. I've installed dozens of apps before. It is in my application list under advanced options.

Where should I look?
    I'm assuming that you checked your Downloads folder? Try a battery pull.
    01-27-09 12:15 PM
    I'm assuming that you checked your Downloads folder? Try a battery pull.
    Thanks, I definitely checked the downloads folder. I did a battery pull and nothing. A second battery pull worked and bam it was right there in the DL folder.

Thanks again.
    01-28-09 09:25 AM
    Make sure that you have BB Maps installed because WeatherBug needs it to function properly. Also, don't use the location on feature but manually type in your location to speed up the display process.

Ok, I now have Weatherbug up an running. Re-loading BB Maps seemed to do the trick. I was unable to find my location via GPS (I think Telus has disabled my GPS), but I was finally able to find my location by text entry and all is well now.

Thanks for all the help in getting this App up and running on my 8530.
    01-28-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD