I was wondering what everyone uses as a weather app on their 8330? I have had both my weather lite and weather eye but didn't really like them. I saw one that actually had the current tempature on the home screen below the battery bar, but don't know what its called. I was also wondering if there is a free weather app that shows the current radar? I know some of the weather apps have radars, but they cost money. anyone know where to find one?
    06-29-09 11:37 AM
    I use Weather Bug. Keeps current temp on the screen. Flashes red when Sever Weather Alert and there is a fairly accurate radar you can view (and animate).

Most accurate forecast comes from NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration as all the other "weather sites" use NOAA's weather data and then "run it through their own proprietary weather models" to post on their sites.
    06-29-09 11:53 AM
    I also use weather bug for the reasons mentioned...I like it quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 11:54 AM
    I use BerryWeather and it also has everything you're looking for but it is a pay app.

WeatherBug is free.

WeatherBug Direct: http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/rel...ugDirect45.jad

BBWeather 0.83 Free: http://www.tateu.net/software/downlo..._4.3.jad?q=php

BerryWeather not free: BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

Last edited by blackngray70; 06-29-09 at 12:19 PM.
    06-29-09 12:13 PM
    I use the weather channel i love it.
    06-29-09 12:14 PM
    anyone use Zona snap??
    06-29-09 12:26 PM
    anyone use Zona snap??
    You should find the thread for that app. You will be able to see others comments and get support. You would also be posting in the correct location.
    06-29-09 12:30 PM
    I use BerryWeather and it also has everything you're looking for but it is a pay app.

WeatherBug is free.

WeatherBug Direct: http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/rel...ugDirect45.jad

BBWeather 0.83 Free: http://www.tateu.net/software/downlo..._4.3.jad?q=php

BerryWeather not free: BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

+1, Berry weather is far better than any of the other free apps I've tried. Money well spent!
    06-29-09 12:32 PM
    I use BerryWeather and love it.
    06-29-09 12:37 PM
    Originally Posted by WESATKINS:
    anyone use Zona snap??
    Yeah, I use it and it's a great app but it's not a weather app

06-29-09 01:08 PM
    I tried the free trial for Berry Weather and it was the absolute best, but I didn't buy the full version. I would love to get this app for free or even $5 any suggestions!!!
    06-29-09 01:15 PM
    I tried the free trial for Berry Weather and it was the absolute best, but I didn't buy the full version. I would love to get this app for free or even $5 any suggestions!!!
    Not possible to get it for free unless you won it in a contest. Wait a while and the price may drop.
    06-29-09 01:49 PM
    i use berryweather and its great
    06-29-09 01:52 PM
    BerryWeather is definitely worth the 7 bucks especially after the upgrade.

I think that's what they're charging for it.

06-29-09 01:53 PM
    I use to use weather bug but uninstalled blackberry maps & now use Weather eye
    06-29-09 01:54 PM
    Weather bug is great.

The weather channel tries to get you to pay monthly for their app. That is the stupidest thing ever. Weather is free virtually everywhere. I mean theres so many ways to get the weather it's insane. who would pay for their app each month?
    06-29-09 04:34 PM
    Agree all the way, then again I've tried pretty much all of them and the new BB Weather 1.5 is simply great, is like $10.00 -one time fee, no montly anything, for that money you can barely get a six pack of beers nowdays....LOL
    06-29-09 04:50 PM
    What I like about weatherbug is it alerts you and the LED light goes off Like a new text message when you get severe weather alerts. It's usually right.

And also without loading the app it shows the temp. Just by looking at the icon on the home screen. The icon has the temp in it. So, I can tell the temp outside within one second. Without logging online and doing all of that.
    06-29-09 04:53 PM
    so what is weather eye like?
    06-30-09 12:37 PM
    I have Weatherbug on my PC but cannot, for some reason, find the free download for my Curve. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but if someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Nevermind (sigh) I got it!
    Last edited by cookie56; 06-30-09 at 12:47 PM.
    06-30-09 12:44 PM
    I use the weather channel app. Plus its free but u can pay to have it so it will display the weather on ur screen. Its cool enough for me.
    06-30-09 01:08 PM
    I use berryweather and love it! I used to use weatherbug but every couple days or so the temp on the icon would freeze up and id have to uninstall than reinstall it. Berryweather does everything and its much better. def worth the price when u see how nice it looks and what u can do with it.
    06-30-09 01:18 PM
    i found the weather eye to be the best and has way cool icons also
    06-30-09 01:25 PM
    BBWeather is the best on device app, and it's free. Accuweather BB push is nice, but it's a web shortcut.
    06-30-09 02:44 PM
    BBWeather is the best on device app, and it's free. Accuweather BB push is nice, but it's a web shortcut.
    So is WeatherBug, apparently. I just installed it and it opens up the BB browser when you click on the icon.

I would like an app that has these features:

-an application, not browser push
    -show the current temp/weather either on the icon or when the icon is highlighted
    -access to radar, with animate
    -free or cheap, definitely not monthly/yearly service fee
    -detailed written forecast
    -storm details

Extra perks:
    -utilize gps and give me all info based on my current location

If this app exists, I have yet to find it.

07-01-09 10:51 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD