I just installed weather eye and I don't really like it... if you don't use the menu to close out of it keeps poppping up EVERYWHERE- when I text, in browser- blah blah..

can anyone suggest another free weather app?!?!
    10-16-08 09:56 AM
    You can try the Weather Channel if you go to mobile.blackberry.com on your bb browser. If not, go down the page to where it says weather push.
    10-16-08 10:03 AM
    I just installed weather eye and I don't really like it... if you don't use the menu to close out of it keeps poppping up EVERYWHERE- when I text, in browser- blah blah..

can anyone suggest another free weather app?!?!
    I'm nto sure what your doing wrong, I have used it since it first came out and no problems like your describing..... How does it pop up in when your texting?
    10-16-08 10:10 AM
    I'm nto sure what your doing wrong, I have used it since it first came out and no problems like your describing..... How does it pop up in when your texting?
    when i used the escape arrow to back out of it, instead of using Menu-close, the silly thing kept popping up a bottom dock in the middle of my sms or email..

i deleted it. currently downloading weatherbug. . .
    10-16-08 10:26 AM
    when i used the escape arrow to back out of it, instead of using Menu-close, the silly thing kept popping up a bottom dock in the middle of my sms or email..

i deleted it. currently downloading weatherbug. . .
    huh weird I have never seen this...... Thanks for the reply...
    10-16-08 10:32 AM
    I love weather bug. Very handy and the local temp is right there staring me in the face

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 10:51 AM
    Yea that is weird....I've had weather eye (that is the 1 from the weather network right?) and its nvr done anything like that!
    10-16-08 10:52 AM
    It's probably a user error!!!! Which one will take up more space? eye or bug? I'm a paranoid freak about my device memory...
    10-16-08 12:33 PM
    Stinks that WeatherBug doesn't work on OS 4.6...or does it? I can't get it to work on my Flip. Worked great on my 8120.
    10-16-08 12:36 PM
    It's probably a user error!!!! Which one will take up more space? eye or bug? I'm a paranoid freak about my device memory...
    I would say they should be about the same. Give it a shot and see how it does with your memory. A good rule of thumb is anytime you download a 3rd party application, do a batery pull after the app has installed.....
    10-16-08 12:37 PM
    I have weatherbug and I love it! It's free and it constantly shows you the temp. You can also click on it and it will give you the weekly forcast
    10-17-08 01:23 PM
    Save your device memory and use the wap sites for weather.com or accuweather. Both will allow you to save your zip code and you get more if not better info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 09:19 PM
    I just use the weather section on Viigo. That works for me.
    10-17-08 11:29 PM
    I downloaded Weatherbug before but deleted it because it was constantly giving me alerts which I couldn't figure out how to turn off. Probably something I did during set up, anyone else have that problem?
    10-18-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD