First if this is in the wrong forum please let me know. I will be traveling to the east coast for vacation and I am also a local volunteer firefighter. I would like to have a weather app that works good. I am not really wanting to pay for one. Does anyone suggest a free weather app that will let me change areas faily easy give radar too. I could read through all the reviews of all the ones out there but would just take too long. Anyone have any that work well for them. Please send me some ideas. Thanks
    08-14-09 09:14 AM
    Most of the best weather applications are going to be paid applications. I have found that they tend to work better and more accurate with more features.

if you do decide you are willing to pay, I would go with BerryWeather.
    08-14-09 09:18 AM
    Agree, BerryWeather is a great application, well worth the money...
    08-14-09 09:20 AM
    simpleweather is cheaper!
    08-14-09 09:29 AM
    simpleweather is cheaper!
    ...but is it as good? That is the question.
    08-14-09 09:31 AM
    Yes its good, not a mem hog and takes you to the weather channel website, it holds 3 zip codes and it updates every 15 mins its great
    08-14-09 09:35 AM
    this is what it looks like

in the pic 2 when you hit the forecast it takes you to the website
    Last edited by trees247; 08-14-09 at 09:49 AM.
    08-14-09 09:44 AM
    I prefer Weatherbug, has radar, home screen Icon etc.
    08-14-09 12:09 PM
    I won one of the free copies of simpleweather, its really nice. Nothing insanely crazy, just very um simple.
    08-14-09 12:45 PM
    Dating back from my Palm Treo days, I've used the mobile version of Weather Underground.

Weather undergound mobile well fomatted for mobile browsers and is largely well formatted text. It is based on the National Weather Service reports. It loads super quickly. It's a wonderful "just the facts maam" kind of forecast, not bogged down with advertisments and allows one to click through to more detailed info. IMHO, this is what all mobile sites should be.

m.wund.com type in your zip code and save in your favortites. I use it as my home page and have it set to refresh hourly.

(I tied to type in the link, but don't have enough posts on this site yet, so you'll have to cut and paste)
    08-15-09 07:14 AM
    Dating back from my Palm Treo days, I've used the mobile version of Weather Underground.

Weather undergound mobile well fomatted for mobile browsers and is largely well formatted text. It is based on the National Weather Service reports. It loads super quickly. It's a wonderful "just the facts maam" kind of forecast, not bogged down with advertisments and allows one to click through to more detailed info. IMHO, this is what all mobile sites should be.

m.wund.com type in your zip code and save in your favortites. I use it as my home page and have it set to refresh hourly.

(I tied to type in the link, but don't have enough posts on this site yet, so you'll have to cut and paste)

This is what I use currently. I never thought to set it as my home page. How do you set it to refresh hourly? Thanks Jason
    08-15-09 07:27 AM
    I found this one somewhere and I can't remember where I found it but it is called WeatherEye. It is free and serves my purpose just fine.

Just found the link and it is still free:

http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

Hope this helps...
    Last edited by freeop; 08-15-09 at 07:29 AM.
    08-15-09 07:27 AM
    BB Weather is the best free weather application, in my opinion...
    08-15-09 07:48 AM
    I use Accuweather's Push Service. Icon that changes with weather, when you highlight it it gives you the High and Low as well as any Cloud Conditions, clicking it takes you to the mobile site where you are 1 click away from radar, alerts, short term and long term forecasts. and its free.

http://www.accuweather.com/blackberry/push/ from your blackberry browser.
    08-15-09 09:51 AM
    BB weather....newest version gives weather @ your gps location. And its free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 10:22 AM
    I use Weather Bug, its free and it pulls data from accuweather(i think) and changing cites is reletivly easy. The only problem with it (at least in Canada) is the the cites you select aren't dispalyed properly. For example, I am in Belleville Ontario, when I selected the a weather recording point in Belleville, it sets up properly and displays the correct weather data for my area but the city displayed Belleville, NB as a city at the top of the screen ?? I emailed about it and they said it was a glitch not much to be done about it. Again its free so I cant compaln too loudly and it works good aside from that.
    08-15-09 10:24 AM
    been looking for the bb weather anyone got a link to it so I can check it out?
    08-15-09 10:49 AM
    http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather

Link for current stable version

08-15-09 11:45 AM
    Good morning fellow CrackBerry Users and Abusers!

I have a quick question regarding all of the Weather Apps out there. I see a lot of options and suggestions in this thread, but I am looking for something specific. My local news Mobile Website gives a GREAT forecast for my area with animated radars, 8-day planners, etc. It's aweosme, so I'm not looking for a good weather application that links to a forecast as the highlight of the app.

What I'm looking for is a great ACCURATE weather Icon for my Homescreen so that I can see the basics at a glance. That feature doesn't seem to be a big priority for most applications, and the ones I do see in the App Store that have a homescreen icon have poor ratings from what I can see. Also, I am not willing to change my whole entire theme for a weather icon either. I am willing, however, to pay for it. I kinda figured that for a nice accurate icon, it would cost me something. No problem.

Anyone have one that has a really nice desktop Icon for weather? Let me know what it's called (name), and if you have a link so I can check it out.

Thanks so much!

**UPDATE**: I just recived an e-mail notification that alandry65 just replied to this thread, but I do not see anything by anyone that is new in this thread. Something I'm missing? The e-mail says that alandry65 posted the following link:

tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather

That is a corrupted internet file, and I cannot open it. Am I missing something? I'm assuming at this point that they're recommending BB Weather? Is that correct? Help?
    Last edited by Pointnino; 09-18-09 at 12:22 PM.
    09-18-09 10:51 AM
    Most of the best weather applications are going to be paid applications. I have found that they tend to work better and more accurate with more features.

if you do decide you are willing to pay, I would go with BerryWeather.

Must you have GPS to use this app?
    I have searched for sometime now for an answer to this question, but no luck.
    09-20-09 04:56 PM
    I use berryweather too but use the radar of weatherunderground as my custom radar and works without having the gps as well you can set it to a location as well

www.bellshare.com &bull; View forum - BerryWeather <------- bellshare forum speaking of berryweather/settings etc.

Last edited by DavidNC; 09-20-09 at 06:43 PM. Reason: added link from bellshare forum about berryweather
    09-20-09 06:06 PM
    berryweather is the best weather app hand down. just the fact that it doesnt use bb maps is what got me to buy it
    09-20-09 08:08 PM
    u guys say BB weather is free? u talkin about BeWeather right? it's a free trial and then it's like $10 isn't it? n is it monthly or is it a one time deal?
    07-27-10 05:45 AM
    This topic ("Best Weather App?") is asked so often, it's comical. Why don't the moderators come up with a sticky on this subject?
    07-27-10 09:27 AM
    Actually BerryWeather, also known as BEWeather (Rim will not allow any BERRY name in AppWorld) has a FREE version with fewer features.

But there is also a BBweather which is free, I believe.
    07-27-10 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD