Is it me or does weatherbug have a rather large leak? I boot up at 50.1 and am down to 33 after a few hours w/ only that running... Have people seen better results w/ weathereye or something different? Is it because my GPS location is on?

running lyricals .148 hybrid
    06-02-09 03:06 PM
    I would recommend SimpleWeather by dmglakewood.
    06-02-09 03:30 PM
    Switched from Weatherbug a while ago because of the leak. There is BBWeather, a very good, free app that doesn't leak and of course. BerryWeather, which I have been using and really like. Unfortunately, it's not free.
    06-02-09 03:38 PM
    I like BerryWeather quite a bit. Does that noticeable mem leak?
    06-02-09 04:09 PM
    BBWeather has been best for me. No noticable mem leak for me with it. Icons aren't as good as the others, but I really don't care about that part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:20 PM
    I am a huge fan of BBWeather, just make sure you get the .084 alpha, as the previous versions won't let you enter your locaton ID and continue. .084a is Storm specific.
    06-02-09 04:28 PM
    I use My-cast weather with no noticeable leak and it has more useful functions than other weather apps ie: real time lightning strike data useful when going out on the lake or doing other outdoor activities and animated doppler radar.
    06-02-09 04:29 PM
    can sombody post a link for bbweather or maybe a link of some screen shots of it. cuz i have been looking for the past 2 days where to find it and i cant haha.. it annoying when you look so hard for somthing and cant find it but i garentee when i do find it ill never be able to not see it.... idk
    06-02-09 04:31 PM
    I like weather eye. The icon changes, you have a 5 day forecast and it's Storm compatible. It's also free. I boot up at 52mb and it usually settles in the 40s for me.
    06-02-09 04:36 PM
    I would recommend SimpleWeather by dmglakewood.
    I would agree with this ...great app it just has some batt drain issues that I'm sure that will be resolved soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 04:38 PM
    simpleweather ftw
    06-02-09 05:35 PM
    Simpleweather for least memory leak, but I like a forecast in my weather app, so I went with BerryWeather. I tried BBWeather and WeaterBug before buying it, and they just didn't have the easy interface of BerryWeather. Worth the $10 in my book.
    06-02-09 05:46 PM
    Berryweather is the best, Love the interface. Well worth $10.
    06-02-09 05:51 PM
    BBweather for me. Not as fancy as Weatherbug but does not leak either. It has hourlys, current and 5 day forecast. No radar.
    06-02-09 06:36 PM
    thanks for all the responses...installing bbweather 084 right now...couldn't get the one from the crackberry ota site to work...
    06-02-09 06:45 PM
    Do you guys need to run this in the background all the time, or does it automatically update without being run in the background?
    06-09-09 09:04 PM
    can sombody post a link for bbweather or maybe a link of some screen shots of it. cuz i have been looking for the past 2 days where to find it and i cant haha.. it annoying when you look so hard for somthing and cant find it but i garentee when i do find it ill never be able to not see it.... idk
    http://tateu.net/software/dl.php?f=BBWeather_alpha
    06-09-09 09:18 PM
    Do you guys need to run this in the background all the time, or does it automatically update without being run in the background?
    BBWeather won't automatically update unless you have it running. I just opened mine up and it said Updated 27 hours ago. And of course tho after opening the app, it updated itself. What I really like about this app is that I AM able to exit out completely so that it is not running at all. Great App.
    06-09-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD