Other than BeWeather, do you know of any other FREE weather app that will update and show the current temp. on the home screen?
    02-26-10 07:52 AM
    WeatherBug (freebie) icon is updating on my home screen.
    I have a Storm2 (stock 320)

I'm also trialing BerryWeather and it's not updating the icon. However, I've read other post that one has to upgrade to a leaked OS to get it to update. Again for the Storm2)

You have nothing to loose in trying WeatherBug since it's free.

Good Luck
    02-26-10 08:27 AM
    WeatherBug (freebie) icon is updating on my home screen.
    I have a Storm2 (stock 320)

I'm also trialing BerryWeather and it's not updating the icon. However, I've read other post that one has to upgrade to a leaked OS to get it to update. Again for the Storm2)

You have nothing to loose in trying WeatherBug since it's free.

Good Luck
    Does WeatherBug show the current temp. on the icon when placed on the homescreen or do you have to go into the actual app to see the temperature?
    02-26-10 08:30 AM
    Does WeatherBug show the current temp. on the icon when placed on the homescreen or do you have to go into the actual app to see the temperature?
    The icon shows:
    Sun w/a cloud (indicating partly cloudy)
    Current temp HI/LO

Give it a go.

Good Luck
    02-26-10 08:37 AM
    BBWeather.
    02-26-10 10:30 AM
    The icon shows:
    Current temp HI/LO

Give it a go.

Good Luck
    How'd you manage that? I've been struggling to find a self-updating weather app (and really don't want to upgrade my stable, original .330 OS just to get it). I tried WeatherBug, but I only ever had a a temperature overlaid on the ladybug icon. I discounted using it because it didn't show weather conditions like WeatherEye etc.
    02-26-10 11:07 AM
    How'd you manage that? I've been struggling to find a self-updating weather app (and really don't want to upgrade my stable, original .330 OS just to get it). I tried WeatherBug, but I only ever had a a temperature overlaid on the ladybug icon. I discounted using it because it didn't show weather conditions like WeatherEye etc.
    I just tried WeatherBug, and it does NOT show the weather temp next to the icon. The weather temp is shown at the bottom of the screen if you scroll on the icon.
    02-26-10 11:18 AM
    I promise you I've done nothing techie to my device or the app.
    I'm using the free WeatherBug app v 1.0.0.873 (from App World)
    I using a Storm2 (9550 stock 320)
    I have the WeatherBug Icon in the top row of my three rolls of Icons on my home page (using the stock VZ theme)

That's the good news.
    The bad news is that because of the neighborhood station it uses, I've determined that the current temp is inaccurate.
    WeatherBug current temp shows 54,
    BerryWeather (uses WeatherUnderground) current tempt shows 58.
    It's definitely 58 and not 54 around here by cross checking other sources.

But I can't get the BerryWeather Icon to display anything other than the BerryWeather logo. (It did display after I first installed it last night but after a battery pull, it dissappeared) But I understand that the stock 320 is the issue and that those who have upgrade to leaked version don't have this issue.

Good Luck
    02-26-10 11:25 AM
    I just tried WeatherBug, and it does NOT show the weather temp next to the icon. The weather temp is shown at the bottom of the screen if you scroll on the icon.
    I may have gone into the settings and chosen to update the home screen or something, I don't recall. But all mine ever had was a ladybug logo for an icon with the temperature over it. It also didn't seem very accurate, or else it just wasn't updating. Not sure which, I just know it didn't match any other weather app's info. It never had clouds, sun, or anything.

Berryweather does absolutely zilch for me because though I have internet (TCP/IP) I don't have a BB data plan (BIS)... so it can't even find a data connection. Their support basically shrugged and said "oh well" when I asked about it Strange that every other weather up fetches data fine...
    02-26-10 12:57 PM
    The icon shows:
    Current temp HI/LO

Give it a go.

Good Luck
    Are you sure you're using WeatherBug?

According to their website here, it only gives "Live temperature on your home screen," not condition icons. Their screenshot also seems to show exactly that, which is what I had as well.

Or are you talking about what you see once you've clicked on and opened it, not the icon itself?
    02-26-10 01:03 PM
    BBWeather.
    Do you have a OTA for this? I downloaded it via a zip and it froze up my BB. Does this app show the temp on the icon on the home screen??
    02-26-10 01:15 PM
    I've tested Weather Bug and Weather Eye, and neither have the temperature reading on the homescreen icon. The only free one that I've found is BeWeather (which does not update properly).

Anybody know of any other weather app that puts the temperature on the homescreen icon (not below, like Weather Bug and Weather Eye)??
    02-26-10 03:11 PM
    Weatherbug works fine for me on the home screen.....It shows the icon as the sun with clouds, temp 57, and 62/46 as high low.
    It has been working fine for the last 2 months.
    Perhaps because I am using a theme with a slot for weather icon. If you put it in a regular slot it will only show the icon without the details unless you mouse over.
    02-26-10 03:36 PM
    Weatherbug works fine for me on the home screen.....It shows the icon as the sun with clouds, temp 57, and 62/46 as high low.
    It has been working fine for the last 2 months.
    Perhaps because I am using a theme with a slot for weather icon. If you put it in a regular slot it will only show the icon without the details unless you mouse over.
    Can you throw up a screen shot of that? And I did put the app in a dedicated weather app slot. Below is the e-mail I received from Weather Bug CS, which states the opposite of what you are getting:

Dear WeatherBug Friend,

Please highlight the icon. The temperature will appear at the bottom of your homescreen.

Regards,

WeatherBug Customer Care

Sincerely,

AWS WeatherBug Customer Support
    Last edited by redbadger; 02-26-10 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add
    02-26-10 03:40 PM
    Can you throw up a screen shot of that?
    I'd also like to see a screenshot. The link I gave earlier to WeatherBug's actual page shows their app, and it isn't how you described at all. I'm thinking that whatever sun/clouds/etc you're seeing is caused by a different app, not WeatherBug, though you may have that installed as well.
    02-26-10 03:52 PM
    I'd also like to see a screenshot. The link I gave earlier to WeatherBug's actual page shows their app, and it isn't how you described at all. I'm thinking that whatever sun/clouds/etc you're seeing is caused by a different app, not WeatherBug, though you may have that installed as well.
    Do not know if my file will upload but you can see the image next to my moniker.
    02-26-10 04:04 PM
    Do not know if my file will upload but you can see the image next to my moniker.
    Yeah, it came through fine. And that's not WeatherBug. This is WeatherBug:

That icon with the temp on a bug- that's WeatherBug. I'm not sure what you're using, but if you figure it out, let us know, since it seems to work well

PS. Though to make things more confusing, the icon to the right of WeatherBug in this screenshot looks exactly like what you're using!
    02-26-10 04:13 PM
    Are you sure you're using WeatherBug?

According to their website here, it only gives "Live temperature on your home screen," not condition icons. Their screenshot also seems to show exactly that, which is what I had as well.

Or are you talking about what you see once you've clicked on and opened it, not the icon itself?
    CharredPC,

Yes it's WeatherBug and I have received what I stated in the previous post from the day I installed it three weeks ago.

Last night I installed BerryWeather (paid version) and like it better but the icon updates on the home page intermintenly. However when I turn the device to the landscapte mode, the icon displays an image of the conditions along with the current temp, hi/lo.

But, at the risk of being redundant, WeatherBug icon is displaying as I described. (but the temp is not accurate - off by 4 degrees)

Sorry, I don't have capability to give you a screenshot.

Good Luck
    02-26-10 04:13 PM
    Yeah, it came through fine. And that's not WeatherBug. This is WeatherBug:

That icon with the temp on a bug- that's WeatherBug. I'm not sure what you're using, but if you figure it out, let us know, since it seems to work well

PS. Though to make things more confusing, the icon to the right of WeatherBug in this screenshot looks exactly like what you're using!

It is weatherbug. If I reboot, it gives me the bug icon and is set to update every 30 minutes, so when it updates, I get the icon like above and changes depending upon the time and conditions. When I click on it, it takes me to the weatherbug website and gives me options like radar, video, alerts etc.

Perhaps yours is configured differently, so check your preferences.
    02-26-10 04:18 PM
    CharredPC,
    My WeatherBug Preferences are as follows:
    Temp/Pressure/Rain Units: English
    Wind Units: English
    Turn on/off "My Location": Unchecked
    Turn on/off location fix on application start: checked for Locate on startup
    Update interval: 15 mins
    Forecasted Hi/Lo: checked

Hope this helps
    Good Luck
    02-26-10 04:29 PM
    It is weatherbug. If I reboot, it gives me the bug icon and is set to update every 30 minutes, so when it updates, I get the icon like above and changes depending upon the time and conditions. When I click on it, it takes me to the weatherbug website and gives me options like radar, video, alerts etc.

Perhaps yours is configured differently, so check your preferences.
    So let me get this straight... you have two icons, not one, for WeatherBug? Or are you saying that sometimes it looks like a bug with a temperature display, and sometimes like your screenshot...?
    Last edited by CharredPC; 02-26-10 at 04:44 PM.
    02-26-10 04:29 PM
    CharredPC,
    My WeatherBug Preferences are as follows:
    Temp/Pressure/Rain Units: English
    Wind Units: English
    Turn on/off "My Location": Unchecked
    Turn on/off location fix on application start: checked for Locate on startup
    Update interval: 15 mins
    Forecasted Hi/Lo: checked

Hope this helps
    Good Luck
    May I ask where you're getting the preferences? If I select the WeatherBug icon, it takes me to a webpage. If I access the WeatherBug preferences through Options-> WeatherBug Settings, I don't have those options.
    02-26-10 04:34 PM
    So let me get this straight... you have two icons, not one, for WeatherBug? Or are you saying that sometimes it looks like a bug with a temperature display, and sometimes like your screenshot...?
    No, there is one icon that starts off as the bug when the phone is turned on.
    Later as the data is updated, the icon changes to reflect the current temp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 05:07 PM
    No, there is one icon that starts off as the bug when the phone is turned on.
    Later as the data is updated, the icon changes to reflect the current temp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So... the icon eventually changes to a bug with the current temp overlayed on it, just like I described, and like the screenshot I posted, and not like your screenshot? I thought your point was that it showed the current conditions like in your avatar pic- clouds, sun etc.
    02-26-10 05:22 PM
    May I ask where you're getting the preferences? If I select the WeatherBug icon, it takes me to a webpage. If I access the WeatherBug preferences through Options-> WeatherBug Settings, I don't have those options.
    Once you click the WeatherBug icon and it brings up WeatherBug, you then press the BB button (bottom button, 2nd from the left) That should bring up a screen that displays several icons, one of which is "Preferences".

Good Luck
    02-26-10 07:42 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD