In the 'Post your bb today screen' thread, I noticed awhile back that someone posted a screenshot of their Storm, and they had a weather app (or push weather?) and the dynamic icons on the homescreen for the weather matched the precision icons theme.

I'd like to find that if someone knows where I can obtain it?

I am using weather eye right now, but I hide it in a sub folder because the icons look out of place with the precision ones.... I know I am a bit obsessive about things matching! lol
    01-16-09 11:52 AM
    One of the programs is called wetherbug. You can get it here.

http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad
    01-16-09 12:05 PM
    Not to Hijack the thread, but I keep installing weatherbug and it keeps freezing my phone, or it loads up, but nothing comes up! I did a wipe and downgraded recently, and backed up weatherbug, it froze, i deleted and reinstalled from the website, and it still has the problem. It runs in the background but i cant get onto it
    01-16-09 12:13 PM
    Weathereye uses regular colored icons... Thats what I am using now. It's the one that has the home screen icons that MATCH the PRECISION icons (like line art)... they match the style of the icons for the built in apps.

Weather Bug's icons I thought were also 'colored' ??
    01-16-09 12:19 PM
    Weathereye uses regular colored icons... Thats what I am using now. It's the one that has the home screen icons that MATCH the PRECISION icons (like line art)... they match the style of the icons for the built in apps.

Weather Bug's icons I thought were also 'colored' ??
    I just realized you mentioned you were using WeatherEye in your OP.
    01-16-09 12:22 PM
    Sorry - I don't know why it's not working. It may be a bad link. If you tried to search for it on CB, someone else may have a good link to it.
    01-16-09 12:23 PM
    justinisloco...the fix for your issue: go to options > advanced > applications > weatherbug > BB key > permissions > and set everything to allow
    01-16-09 12:24 PM
    When I try to download weatherbug I get a "HTTP Error 503: service unavailable" message. Anyone come across this?
    01-16-09 12:34 PM
    In the 'Post your bb today screen' thread, I noticed awhile back that someone posted a screenshot of their Storm, and they had a weather app (or push weather?) and the dynamic icons on the homescreen for the weather matched the precision icons theme.

I'd like to find that if someone knows where I can obtain it?

I am using weather eye right now, but I hide it in a sub folder because the icons look out of place with the precision ones.... I know I am a bit obsessive about things matching! lol
    Its the BB push weather service from www.mobile.blackberry.com
    Just subscribe to it and in a few hours the icon will pop up on your screen.
    I totally understand the icon matching thing. I actually prefer the accuweather web signal because it has more info when you click on it but the icon is tiny and doesn't match. So I subscribed to both and keep the later in my downloads folder
    Sorry for the longish post, hope it helped

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 12:56 PM
    Its the BB push weather service from www.mobile.blackberry.com
    Just subscribe to it and in a few hours the icon will pop up on your screen.
    I totally understand the icon matching thing. I actually prefer the accuweather web signal because it has more info when you click on it but the icon is tiny and doesn't match. So I subscribed to both and keep the later in my downloads folder
    Sorry for the longish post, hope it helped

Which one? I see the accuweather push one, and also the weather network one... but the weather network one uses the weather eye icons doesn't it?

This is the one i am looking for (though its on a bold screeny, just to the right of BB messenger... it's dynamic and changes withthe weather too):

01-16-09 01:01 PM
    justinisloco...the fix for your issue: go to options > advanced > applications > weatherbug > BB key > permissions > and set everything to allow
    Ive done that too, even disabled and renabled compatability mode, ive done everything

The link was legit, i had it working fine on .85, but since ive downgraded, I thought it was my backup, and even the reinstall wouldn't work
    01-17-09 04:38 PM
    Whoops, sorry, wasn't checking your thread
    Weather
    Bottom of the page above weatherbug there is weather push. Click on the websignal link and go through the process. It will offer accuweather or weather network, I don't think it matters which one but I used accuweather and got the precision style icon on my app screen.

01-24-09 02:49 PM
    If I go to weather push, it sais the service is not available for my device right now ??

So I am trying it through the actual accuweather option on that page... if its not the right one, I need to figure out how to cancel accuweather push lol.
    01-24-09 03:06 PM
    ? What berry do you have?

01-24-09 03:19 PM
    ? What berry do you have?

we ARE in the Storm section

The rest of the weather apps seem to work, so I dont know why the'd block the push services from working.

I managed to subscrube to the accuweather one through the actual accuweather site, so hopefully it will work and have the precision icons.
    01-24-09 03:29 PM
    we ARE in the Storm section

The rest of the weather apps seem to work, so I dont know why the'd block the push services from working.

I managed to subscrube to the accuweather one through the actual accuweather site, so hopefully it will work and have the precision icons.
    LOL! Sorry about that, I'm on the wap forum and didn't see the word Storm at the top. Twice
    The reason I asked is I copied that link from my Bold and it might be wrong for the storm.
    The accuweather web signal is a different service than weather push, which uses info from accuweather or the weather network.

01-24-09 04:15 PM
    Not to Hijack the thread, but I keep installing weatherbug and it keeps freezing my phone, or it loads up, but nothing comes up! I did a wipe and downgraded recently, and backed up weatherbug, it froze, i deleted and reinstalled from the website, and it still has the problem. It runs in the background but i cant get onto it
    Reinstall BB Maps.
    01-24-09 06:04 PM
    Ok I subscribed to accuweather push and several hours later I still do not have an icon.... If I go to the actual accuweather page for my city it has an option at the bottom to 'unsubscribe' so I am assuming it was successful at subscribing for push....

Could the Storm possibly not support push weather??
    01-24-09 08:31 PM
    It took like, two days I think before it showed up on mine. The accuweather web signal doesn't have the precision style icons. Check my last post.

01-24-09 09:29 PM
    It took like, two days I think before it showed up on mine. The accuweather web signal doesn't have the precision style icons. Check my last post.

Oh too bad The regular websignal one comes up saying that it is not available for my device. I guess push weather is not available for Storm
    01-24-09 09:35 PM
    One last idea, did you go to the mobile.blackberry site without using my link?

01-24-09 09:46 PM
    And you do have browser emulation set to "blackberry" right?

01-24-09 09:47 PM
    Reinstall BB Maps.
    You are the man, I couldn't figure out why it was working one min and not the next, and I uninstalled bb maps when i upgraded to the new OS .90...I was thinking it was because of the upgrade so i downgraded back down to .75 for nothing...anyways thanks again
    01-31-09 02:38 PM
    Oh too bad The regular websignal one comes up saying that it is not available for my device. I guess push weather is not available for Storm
    Push weather does work for the Storm. You just can't wait for the icon it will show up it takes awhile. I like it but the only thing is that it only updates I think twice a day. It would be cool if it could update a little bit more often. But overall its a good weather app.
    02-01-09 07:59 AM
    I tried the mobile link for push weather as well and I'm getting the service not available on my Storm too. Weather Bug and Weather Eye seemed to cause all sorts of issues on my device like random reboots etc, so I uninstalled them

cuban_dudeca how did you get it to work on your Storm?
    02-17-09 08:38 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD