so i don't know if anybody has requested this, but me and my buddies think someone should bring this to life....

we need a lolcatz, or an i can haz cheezburger app for bb.

heck, i'd even purchase it for $5 and someone made it.
    07-22-09 02:35 PM
    I guess you mean a mobile interface to icanhascheezburger.com? That wouldn't be hard at all... but what's wrong with the Browser?
    Last edited by Andiamo; 07-22-09 at 03:09 PM.
    07-22-09 03:04 PM
    I guess you mean a mobile interface to icanhascheezburger.com? That wouldn't be hard at all... but what's wrong with the Browser?

the browsers not the worst thing, but basically, yeah, i think it would be sweet with a mobile interface....something similar to Don't Be Bored, or the fmylife app.
    07-22-09 03:17 PM
    Hmm. The website is bloated as h*ll (why is that word filtered -_-) so I can see how using the Browser would be less than desirable, heh.

FML and DBB have APIs specifically made for this kind of thing, allowing other programs to grab data easily from their websites without having to download the whole page and do a whole bunch of HTML surgery.

Cheezburger unfortunately does not have an API, so it would either require heavy surgery (which is what I currently do with my other app and onemanga.com) or I could just use the RSS feeds, which would be much lighter and faster. However things like commenting, voting, favorite'ing, etc would not be as easy to implement without an API.

Definitely possible and not particularly difficult. I might try it out when I have some free time, maybe once I finish with making Mango compatible with trackballs.
    Last edited by Andiamo; 07-22-09 at 04:31 PM.
    07-22-09 04:10 PM
    that would be the awesomest thing ever.

i wouldn't know where to start.
    07-22-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD