One of the most frustrating things about being a BB fan is the lack of content. I have the torch 9850, a great phone, but I feel left out by the inability to get content. I know some of the issues are a challenge for RIM, but I don't see RIM doing much to face it. We should have netflix, HBO GO, HULU, and MAX GO on these devices. RIM needs to have its on native source of content that BB owners can access. I may wrong but I think the gap between the phones available across platforms is smaller than most realize, its all about the extras. This is why Apple is so popular and Android is hot on their heels. RIM this your mission if you choose to accept it, get in the APP GAME and the CONTENT GAME before you self distruct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 07:56 AM
    RIM is trying to get into the App game, and I really think Alec Saunders (@asaunders) is doing a great job trying to Bring developers into the fold.
    as for Content, BBM Music is step one, hopefully they will get more steps along the way,
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 08:08 AM
    There is also the rumor about them bringing movies to BlackBerry devices, not by means of Netflix or anything like that(from what I heard of the rumor)

11-08-11 08:14 AM
    It will come. BBX is a good step towards that. Be patient.

11-08-11 08:15 AM
    deRusett has very good points (he usually does). To that I would add that BB Movies is on the way as well. I don't watch movies that much but I know it is very important to some and Playing movies from a website abc, cbs, etc. is nice, I previously purchased some Amazon movies and they run on the Playbook but why not a Netflix or HULU? I agree.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-08-11 08:20 AM
    deRusett has very good points (he usually does). To that I would add that BB Movies is on the way as well. I don't watch movies that much but I know it is very important to some and Playing movies from a website abc, cbs, etc. is nice, I previously purchased some Amazon movies and they run on the Playbook but why not a Netflix or HULU? I agree.
    I would like to see it sooner than later as far as some of things mentioned. BBM is a good start but we need more. I know RIM is hard at work

11-08-11 08:53 AM
    I saw a commercial on tv where Dish Network and Blockbuster have partner up on movie content.... I wouldn't mind if RIM did the same thing with blockbuster and maybe build a stronger relationship with yahoo to help in the content department
    11-08-11 09:08 AM
    I would love nothing more than to switch from iPhone 4 to the Bold 9900 but this is the biggest reason why I haven't as of yet. The lack of content and support from developers. Now, I am not saying that every app that Apple and Android has should be on Blackberry but throw the customers a bone and get more developers on board.

There are two apps that come to mind the Chicago Blackhawks app and the Lethbridge Hurricanes app. I emailed both to find out what the status is. The Chicago team said "the app is still coming however, development has been a little slow." While the Lethbridge responded "by saying once it is approved by RIM for the Bold 9900 then it will be available." This particular app is available for all OS 7 devices except the Bold 9900. Update Lethbridge Hurricanes app is now available for the 9900/30 devices.

Also, no themes for the bold 9900. Correct me if I am wrong but you cannot 'pimp' your screen and customize it like you could on an iPhone or Torch. Again, not everyone uses a theme for their device but at least give users the option. That is basically all we ask for as users of any device is "give us more options."
    Last edited by blackhawksfan75; 11-08-11 at 10:21 AM.
    11-08-11 09:42 AM
    No themes for OS 7 devices is because of an incompatibility with the new Liquid Graphics on the new phones and the current incarnation of the Theme Builder. Unfortunately, no fix for that until next year per RIM.

And unless something has changed that I don't know about, the iPhone UI is fixed and always has been. You can change the background, but that's it. But you can still change the background on the OS 7 BBs too.

And, this is a personal opinion, but how anyone watch anything more than a short youtube video on a screen the size of these phones is beyond me. I mean, really, what's the point? Being a hometheater buff, movies and TV shows need to be on a big screen, or nothing.

11-08-11 11:56 AM
    No themes for OS 7 devices is because of an incompatibility with the new Liquid Graphics on the new phones and the current incarnation of the Theme Builder. Unfortunately, no fix for that until next year per RIM.

And unless something has changed that I don't know about, the iPhone UI is fixed and always has been. You can change the background, but that's it. But you can still change the background on the OS 7 BBs too.

And, this is a personal opinion, but how anyone watch anything more than a short youtube video on a screen the size of these phones is beyond me. I mean, really, what's the point? Being a hometheater buff, movies and TV shows need to be on a big screen, or nothing.

Well let's see, I'm on my lunch break and. I want to check out an episode of a tv show I missed. Maybe I want to pass some time in waiting room watching some music videos. Yes I agree watching a movie on the home theater is much better its about being able to entertain yourself on the go.

11-08-11 01:56 PM
    Well let's see, I'm on my lunch break and. I want to check out an episode of a tv show I missed. Maybe I want to pass some time in waiting room watching some music videos. Yes I agree watching a movie on the home theater is much better its about being able to entertain yourself on the go.

QNX

If you don't like it, then get an iphone. Same answer that has been given 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,987 times
    11-08-11 02:43 PM
    He has an iPhone

But nothing wrong with wanting it from RIM and hopefully RIM is addressing this need

11-08-11 03:04 PM

+1

I still dont understand why people would want to watch a 2hr+ movies on a phone screen.
    11-08-11 03:50 PM
    He has an iPhone

But nothing wrong with wanting it from RIM and hopefully RIM is addressing this need

Why create another thread about it? That's my point. We get it, RIM is trying to address it so maybe they get it.

Everyone is on the same page here.
    11-08-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD