So here's the story.

Bought Nintaii, charged to credit card. Installed it OTA.

A few days later, wiped the BB because I was changing the OS version.

Went to my email to download Nintaii again, but the d/l link had expired.

I tried the demo, and there was nowhere in the program that I could see that would allow me to enter my registration, so I think they are two separate executables.

Went to the BPlay website, they have a https://www.bplay.com/purchases/regen.php url where they say you can change BB PINs twice a year, and also re-generate download links for your device.

But on that page, it does not regenerate ANY link. It shows that I bought Nintaii, but says next to it, NO ACTIVATION REQUIRED and there is no download link. Just a picture of the Nintaii logo. I tried this with 3 different browsers.

I emailed BPlay support and received a 1 liner response "What exactly is the issue? What error message are you getting?" from some literacy challenged person named Phea Duch @ Bplay Customer Care. I explained the situation once again and requested a download link and did not receive an email in reply.

I sent another email to support asking for a link, and the story explaining that their webpage saying regen doesn't work. There was no reply whatsoever.

I sent an email to Mobigloo the developers of the game asking if they could help. They also ignored me and there was no reply.

It has now been an entire week since BPlay, Mobigloo, etc. have demonstrated an utter lack of caring toward support for a paying customer. This is exactly why I do not like to buy software for blackberries, because they tie it really tightly to your pin and then expire the download link.

Today finally, I was able to re-download the package. On the page it says you can switch pins twice a year.

I entered the SAME pin as I have now, and it allowed me to download it again. So I have the program again, but I had to sacrifice a pin change in order to get it back.. they are very lucky because I was going to file a credit card dispute if this hadn't worked.

So what I have done now is backup my third party apps and made sure it is saved on my hard drive so I no longer need to worry about regenerating a download link. I will use my OWN file from MY computer.
    01-17-09 02:55 PM
    You do know you're supposed to save your 3rd Party Apps before changing your OS, and not just back up your phone, right?
    01-17-09 06:49 PM
    This is true, you should have saved a back up but non the less that sucks that they wont get back to you. Only thing I can say is stay persistent and keep emailing and calling them.
    01-17-09 07:57 PM
    You wouldn't even have grounds to file a credit card dispute because they did give you the game and it did work.

On sites like Handango, if you don't backup 3rd party apps yourself and you didn't pay for download protection, you can't even re-download the app.

So this isn't really even Bplay's fault... The only thing they did wrong was poor reading comprehension on the customer support.
    01-17-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD