I hate the fact that VZW can just push things to our phones and then we have to deal with it. We should have the option to download or not. I know its just an icon and the app isnt fully there but its still annoying as ****. I have 2 VZW tones icons that wont go away. Rant over, now the request...

So how bout an app that lists the icons on the whole phone and we can move them around among the folders and hide them, multiples at once.

If theres an app out there already for this, or something that has this function within, please let me know. Thanks.

JC
    08-14-09 07:32 AM
    You already have something to hide the icon
    Just tap the icon then press BB button and select HIDE

Sure. It is only one at a time...
    08-14-09 07:39 AM
    Like the OP said, just hit the menu button and select hide or you can create a folder and move the all into a folder

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 07:41 AM
    Agreed. But, when changing to a new theme, everything goes back to crazy, then you spend an hour just getting it back to usable normal mode.

Maybe this could be a request for a theme setup app. Like where you would set up icons and folders as a template and then apply. Hmmm, I'll go post in the themes section.
    08-14-09 07:43 AM
    Agreed. But, when changing to a new theme, everything goes back to crazy, then you spend an hour just getting it back to usable normal mode.

Maybe this could be a request for a theme setup app. Like where you would set up icons and folders as a template and then apply. Hmmm, I'll go post in the themes section.
    i too would like a app that keeps track of you folder and icon setting. Each theme stores this information as you can delete the theme and then install later and it remembers the setup. I am sure a developer could write an app for it.
    08-14-09 07:59 AM
    I could see how an app like this could be useful when switching from theme to theme, but not all themes are created equally and an app like this may do more damage than good. Just spend the extra 5 minutes to set your stuff up.

08-14-09 08:03 AM
    The icon app for themes would be amazing.. Ive been through a few themes, and wow.. I loathe having to switch to another lol...
    08-14-09 09:15 AM
    I created a new folder labeled crap and moved them there. That way there is only one icon with everything useless in it.

08-14-09 09:21 AM
    I put all my useless shi* in the downloads folder, and my things I use in the app folder, since elle theme incorporates the app folder, it was all things i used in downloads, that way when I got a new app is was already there.. but this is just a small change and doesnt bother me that much. However, changing themes, and then redoing EVERYTHING is absolutely gay.
    08-14-09 09:53 AM
    It's just two icons... As for the app.. sounds like that could be good.
    08-14-09 11:42 AM
    Lol, and how long would it take to start running the app? Probably around 2 seconds ha ha ha

It's just two icons... As for the app.. sounds like that could be good.
    08-14-09 11:46 AM
    eh, there are 3-5 push icons, plus the messaging apps. I have 20 icons atleast hidden all the time
    08-14-09 12:17 PM
    how about trying this...

options/advance options/service book

... highlight the app then simply choose delete from the bb menu
    this is just a temporary fix, the icons comes back everytime i do a battery pull but instead of 3 icons now its only 2 then i do the same process again just so i wont see them till the next battery pull.
    08-16-09 10:48 PM
    I love changing themes on a reg basis, and if there was an app that could remember my icon setup across all themes including newly downloaded ones, that would be awesome. I would def pony up a few bucks for it.
    08-17-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD