VZ Navigator has been updated to 6.2. I don't know if it fixes OS6 scrolling problems or not, since I went back to OS5.
    10-23-10 06:12 AM
    I updated VZ Navigator to 6.2 today and I can't find the icon on the phone. My desktop software shows that it is installed. Any suggestions on how to make show it up?
    10-23-10 10:29 PM
    VZ Navigator has been updated to 6.2. I don't know if it fixes OS6 scrolling problems or not, since I went back to OS5.
    It did not fix the menu scrolling issues. This is my biggest problem with OS6, but still sticking with it.
    10-24-10 09:41 PM
    I'm going to download it later on today. I hope they fixed the bug for trying to add your current GPS location to your favorites. The option would rarely show up in the menu as an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 02:22 PM
    The older versions used to allow me to use the "Where Am I?" feature to locate my current GPS position, then be able to add where I am to my favorites.
    The last 3 versions they've pushed out is unable to do this.
    The only way to save where I am as a favorite is to use the "Share" my location feature, send the location off as a message to myself, go to Sent Messages within VZ Navigator, open the message that was sent, go to Menu, then select Add To Favorites.
    This is such a pain. All they have to do is put the "Add To Favorites" back in the Menu of the "Where Am I?" like it used to be.
    I informed them of this a while back. Guess they still haven't addressed that issue.

10-25-10 07:40 PM
    It's not there as a menu option now but, if you want to save Favorites, you can select destination, choose favorites, and then Add Favorite should be the first thing you see listed. After selecting that, you can name it whatever you wanna name it and then, in the second field for the address, click on the arrow pointing to the right and you should see the same options you see when selecting current location or destination. Current location, research searches, contacts, etc are all available for you to choose from. I believe this was there in 6.1 but I couldn't get it to work before. It works now though (thank goodness). Deleting or modifying favorites on the other hand....hmmm. lol smh

Here's my problem though and this has been the case for the last few updates now. I had this problem with Storm 1 and (now) Storm 2. When I put the audible option on Mute but then connect a bluetooth device to my Storm, the voice becomes active again. It goes back to mute when I disconnect the bluetooth but then comes back on with the bluetooth reconnected. I have played with all of the audio settings before and during navigation. I've also played with the timing of when I connect my bluetooth. I've also changed the ringer setting on my Storm, just for kicks. Nothing solves this problem.

One more problem. This is even more annoying (to me) and I believe it's related to the bluetooth issue but it may be isolated now that I think about it. Whenever I'm talking to someone while the VZ Nav is in use, when it comes time for the Nav to talk, my output source for the phone call goes silent. I can be heard but I cannot hear who's talking. In order to continue to be able to hear, I have to switch to a different output source (ie if I was talking via bluetooth, switch to handset or speaker; if I'm on speaker, switch to bluetooth or handset, and so forth).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I put VZ Nav on mute when I want to be navigated but play music from my Storm as well - mp3's, Slacker, etc. I was able to do that before they switched to version 5 (I believe) and it hasn't gotten better since these version 6 updates.
    10-27-10 05:12 PM
    Some good info on the update here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vzn...wnload-540983/

10-27-10 05:18 PM
    It's not there as a menu option now but, if you want to save Favorites, you can select destination, choose favorites, and then Add Favorite should be the first thing you see listed. After selecting that, you can name it whatever you wanna name it and then, in the second field for the address, click on the arrow pointing to the right and you should see the same options you see when selecting current location or destination. Current location, research searches, contacts, etc are all available for you to choose from. I believe this was there in 6.1 but I couldn't get it to work before. It works now though (thank goodness). Deleting or modifying favorites on the other hand....hmmm. lol smh

Here's my problem though and this has been the case for the last few updates now. I had this problem with Storm 1 and (now) Storm 2. When I put the audible option on Mute but then connect a bluetooth device to my Storm, the voice becomes active again. It goes back to mute when I disconnect the bluetooth but then comes back on with the bluetooth reconnected. I have played with all of the audio settings before and during navigation. I've also played with the timing of when I connect my bluetooth. I've also changed the ringer setting on my Storm, just for kicks. Nothing solves this problem.

One more problem. This is even more annoying (to me) and I believe it's related to the bluetooth issue but it may be isolated now that I think about it. Whenever I'm talking to someone while the VZ Nav is in use, when it comes time for the Nav to talk, my output source for the phone call goes silent. I can be heard but I cannot hear who's talking. In order to continue to be able to hear, I have to switch to a different output source (ie if I was talking via bluetooth, switch to handset or speaker; if I'm on speaker, switch to bluetooth or handset, and so forth).

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I put VZ Nav on mute when I want to be navigated but play music from my Storm as well - mp3's, Slacker, etc. I was able to do that before they switched to version 5 (I believe) and it hasn't gotten better since these version 6 updates.
    I experienced the issue of the output source going silient after upgrading to 5.0. I contacted verizon; the represenative logged the complaint suggesting that it would be escalated and addressed if enough users reported it as a problem, but did not provide a solution. So I reinstalled 4.2. I recently tried 6.0 and encounted the same problem, so I reinstalled 4.2 again. There are features that I appreciate about the later versions so am hopeful that this will be corrected. Has anyone learned of a way to resolve this issue in the newer versions?
    12-30-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD