Has anyone really tried out this appilication? its by far the most functional stable app i've used on the storm so far..not only does it have tons of great feautures other than turn by turn, but its menu scrolling system is better than the storms itself lol it has "momentum" scolling a fast flick and it keeps going ie iphone ect.....(i truly hope this is included in a future OS build) I just thought id post this and hear what everyone has to say about the navigator, and any other apps that are this good.
    01-15-09 05:48 PM
    the Garmin 3rd party app is far superior to the verizon product.
    01-15-09 05:50 PM
    I used both VZ Nav and Garmin Mobile. Garmin is WAY, WAY better, in every respect, including all the extra stuff, like local google searches, weather, movies, food, gas (with accurate prices for all grades). Since you own it forever, with no monthly charges, it's much cheaper than VZ Nav ($9.99 per month). At $80, that's under $8 per month if you only looked at keeping the phone 1 year. At 2 years it's a little more than $3 per month.

Grey
    01-15-09 06:13 PM
    Its only good aslong as u own a Storm which most peeps upgrade yearly. Iv tried both and prefer Vz Nav.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 06:34 PM
    I haven't used the Garmin app, but I do agree with the OP that VZ Nav works well. I think $4.99 per month would be a more realistic price for the service, but that's my only complaint with it.
    01-15-09 07:06 PM
    i don't have a storm but VZ Nav is in my top 3 favorite apps. i use it a lot and it's been so helpful!

01-15-09 07:12 PM
    Sorry, folks, its the Traffic Monitoring of VZN Navigator that simply leaves Garmin in the dust. It is obvious that you all have NOT spent the $10/mo to try it out. You can drop it after a month, but if you live in a big city like Houston, you won't want to leave home without it. Streets and freeways are color-coded green, yellow, and red. Can have it follow you as you approach a decision point.

If you decide against it, please do not leave VZN: they are strobing your locations as you sit and crawl in traffic and sending me the info so I can try to avoid or delay.

Doctor Neutron
    01-15-09 08:25 PM
    OK, if you think so....
    01-15-09 08:35 PM
    The traffic is waybetter on Vznav

01-15-09 08:41 PM
    Has anyone really tried out this appilication? its by far the most functional stable app i've used on the storm so far..not only does it have tons of great feautures other than turn by turn, but its menu scrolling system is better than the storms itself lol it has "momentum" scolling a fast flick and it keeps going ie iphone ect.....(i truly hope this is included in a future OS build) I just thought id post this and hear what everyone has to say about the navigator, and any other apps that are this good.
    Nope your the very first one.
    01-15-09 09:07 PM
    Hmm didn't know it was so good. I'll have to try that out.
    01-15-09 09:08 PM
    its free for a month right now. call and get it added to test it out.

you can also tether for free for a month as well right now for those that are interested.
    01-15-09 09:43 PM
    I have used both apps as well, Garmin and VzNav. I prefer VzNav, hands down. I also have a Garmin Nuvi 200W which I gave my wife before even getting the Storm. I used VzNav on my Voyager.
    The Garmin app is by no means junk. It works, it's stable and it performs just like a Garmin mobile GPS unit.
    Between the 2, I will agree with the other poster that for whatever reason, traffic seems to be better on VzNav. I also like the directions on VzNav better, as well as the lane identification you need to be in on the freeway, something that Garmin does not do as well.
    I have had Garmin, both the Storm app and the Nuvi give me false directions. VzNav hasn't let me down yet. Just my take. I know that the monthly cost may not be to every one's choosing, but I like VzNav better myself.
    01-15-09 11:34 PM
    You people must be getting paid by Verizon to post this propaganda. F Verizon and their "pay for" services. We pay enough just for the voice/data coverage.
    01-15-09 11:45 PM
    VZ Nav doesn't work internationally, while Garmin does. That pretty much makes the decision for me since I travel a lot.
    01-16-09 12:04 AM
    You people must be getting paid by Verizon to post this propaganda. F Verizon and their "pay for" services. We pay enough just for the voice/data coverage.
    Nope, don't get paid by Vz or work for them. It doesn't appear that you don't like VzW or think it's not good, you just don't agree with the monetary compensation for it. That wasn't really the OP's thread discussion. I believe the topic was about a good application.
    01-16-09 08:19 AM
    Nope, don't get paid by Vz or work for them. It doesn't appear that you don't like VzW or think it's not good, you just don't agree with the monetary compensation for it. That wasn't really the OP's thread discussion. I believe the topic was about a good application.
    just because it cost money does not mean it's not a great app! i have been using VZ Nav for 5 years now and have used it all over the country! not only are the directions great but i like that it tells you what to prepare for (lane changes, traffic, etc). the place message feature is awesome too.

also, i've been using VZ Nav to find hotels and places to eay on my road trip. i think it's worth the 9.99. wpuld i like it to be 4.99? aure. or free? of course! but i'd like everything to be free.

bb maps is free but it does not have audible turn by turn or even local search...
    01-16-09 10:30 AM
    Whoever said it monitors when you're crawling through traffic and let's other people know hasn't really played with the app. You have to send a traffic report. Vzn=fail.

Ove never had a ten but I've had five twos.

01-16-09 10:48 AM
    I like VZ Navigator. Works like a charm in Detroit. I think they should lower the pricing to $4.99/month. Us Detroiters are in dire economic times and every little bit helps. Even the State of Michigan is shrinking by the hour. Oh lord, please reduce the price of VZ Navigator!
    01-16-09 03:14 PM
    I like VZ Navigator. Works like a charm in Detroit. I think they should lower the pricing to $4.99/month. Us Detroiters are in dire economic times and every little bit helps. Even the State of Michigan is shrinking by the hour. Oh lord, please reduce the price of VZ Navigator!
    LOL! send that in a letter to the CEO. maybe they will lower it for us! we don't want muchigan to disappear....do we?
    01-16-09 03:19 PM
    I don't work for VZN or take money from them. I know when I see something good and has the possibility of improving.. No way VZN will get beat at their own game. VZN definitely handles the freeway ramps better. Both can be off a 1/4 to 1 block very easily, but both are trying to improve their accuracy.

Doctor Neutron
    01-16-09 04:59 PM
    VZ Nav doesn't work internationally, while Garmin does. That pretty much makes the decision for me since I travel a lot.
    Can anyone else verify whether VZ Nav will, or will not, work in Europe. Specifically, Italy. I was intending to activate it for a trip to Rome in May.

Thanks,
    Rich
    01-16-09 05:48 PM
    Can anyone else verify whether VZ Nav will, or will not, work in Europe. Specifically, Italy. I was intending to activate it for a trip to Rome in May.

Thanks,
    Rich
    It won't work internationally.
    01-18-09 03:19 PM
    I like VZN but I might cancel it since I don't use it anymore. It is a good app and the flick scrolling is nice though. BB should implement it as a standard feature
    01-18-09 03:23 PM
    It won't work internationally.
    Well then, I guess its Google Maps....

01-18-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD